Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Lst 54 poseidon

Nice try Vicer but the Polygon excuse just wont cute it wink.gif

Well, the polycount excuse doesn't cut it. But the scale excuse does. I have to concur with Jester983 about the C-130 being too big.

Inside view would work just fine, but when using 3rd person view mode, the C-130 would fill the entire screen. And even if the screen zoomed out to show the entire plane, you wouldn't be able to see past it. And therefore it would be impossible to fly the damn thing in 3rd person view mode.

Remember, the C-130 is a helluva lot bigger than the A-10...

If you do "Player as Pilot" you normally are a Commander and get the commander view, i always put one AI on my side (min.) to get the commander view as its cooler then the behind view.

Id rather see the C-130 as an AI flyable thing, not something a player flies. Because i think it would e too big, and difficult to fly with the limitations of OFP.

It would be much more fun to play a single player mission where you start off at an airfield and have to climb into the back of a C-130, or start off in the air and jump out the back.

Or even as scenery, seeing them land and take off from an airfield, or flying over head or parked at the airport.

That's not true. The C-130 is designed especially to land/take off on short runways.

I wish i didn't start this topic, and i wish i got a moderator to lock the topic biggrin.gifsmile.gif

God knows how many emails i'll get in the next....90 seconds. sad.gif

Here are some screenies:

homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/01.JPG

homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/02.JPG

homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/03.JPG

homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/04.JPG

homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/05.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 06 2002,07:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How would you steer the LST ?  I mean that's no tiny boat, that's a massive vessel.  Hell, getting that thing to move at 58km/h (30 knots) might take about 10 minutes.  Same goes for slowing it down.

LST can't really leave its nose on the beach, like the Mark IIs can.  Ship is too heavy.  In real life its submerged hull would restrict it to coming too close to the shore.  LST opens its front gate and manually extends a floating "bridge" to let the tanks drive off on the shore.

I say if you're going to do this, then do it right.  You should simulate its submerged hull where the ship would stop well ahead of the shore as its hull simply scrapes the beach floor.

How would you implement the closeing door ? The deploying floating bridge ?  The tanks driving off ?

You're looking at a hell of a challenge pal.<span id='postcolor'>

Right, a few points I want to make with this:

No1. With the tanks driving off, do you see the people in the game opening the doors of a jeap and climbing out? no. so you would simply put them by the front.

The bridge and the door could be done using oxygen (I suppose)

and the thing about steering it, you will see if you download the LST54, that it is hard to steer the LST and it does take ages to speed up and slow down and turn, but it is do-able.

I think LST should be a best release than a C130

"marss911" a very good addon maker already working on a massive transport plane: the C-47 (am not sure about the name confused.gif), ok it's an older WWII aircraft, but with a "fake" new skin...could simulate a C-XX nowdays plane (?)

No doubt I vote LST

Foto_2.jpg

Scorpio is making a friggin hoax!

anybody can take screenshots like that, if i had somewhere to host them i'd take a few

its already possible to walk and place vehicles on the LST like that.

if this mod isn't bullsh*t

show the other things you said it would have

like the portholes and TOW launcher, and all that.

he scorpio i have never seen you in the DKM (Decisive killing machines) mod team before who are you or what is your name in the DKM-MOD?

if you are notin the DKM-mod please remove the DKM signature.

thnx

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (carlw @ May 06 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Scorpio is making a friggin hoax!

anybody can take screenshots like that, if i had somewhere to host them i'd take a few

like the portholes and TOW launcher, and all that.<span id='postcolor'>

shut yer trap. he has no reason to make any of this up. he has better things to do than try to please you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 06 2002,22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (carlw @ May 06 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Scorpio is making a friggin hoax!

like the portholes and TOW launcher, and all that.<span id='postcolor'>

shut yer trap.  he has no reason to make any of this up.  he has better things to do than try to please you.<span id='postcolor'>

He doesn't have to please me,

stop kissing his ass, his whole mod is a hoax.

wait and see, it'll never come out.

oh i intend to wait and see

just answer this for me, how does he benefit from making a hoax mod? i sure can't think of any possible gain.

Hmmm Lord Zach has a point there.

What would you gain by a hoax mod?

Now to the point of this post. Scorpio where did you get those soldiers? I would really like to know because they look awesome.

exactly, lord, i'm going to wait as well, but i know what the result will be.

you know he's going to hoax but you can't answer why? that doesn't make too much sense

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ May 07 2002,01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What would you gain by a hoax mod?<span id='postcolor'>

Plenty. Anyone remember the whole ordeal with Devil a few months back? He would lure everyone into an addon trap (BMW M5, Riding on the Kiowa Rails), and then reveal either he didn't make it or it's some 'stupid thing' he made when he was bored. When he finally made a real addon, it was a bunch of neon-painted Skodas and Cessnas with no actual add-on to it. The point? A lot of people crave attention, and one way to get that attention is to use false advertisements to lure people in, and then spring the big, fat, dissapointing truth on them.

well we all will have to wait longer because the lst will come out after he gives us the C-130

HEE PEOPLE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT C130 BECOUSE IT ISN'T HIS!!!!!!!

I'VE CREATED IT, AND BECOUSE I'VE SEEN THAT HE'S WANT'S TO RELEASE IT, I WON'T FINISH THE MODEL AND SENT NEW PICUTER TO OUR SITE

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

DKM-CoPilot

copilot.jpg

HEE PEOPLE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT C130 BECOUSE IT ISN'T HIS!!!!!!!

I'VE CREATED IT, AND BECOUSE I'VE SEEN THAT HE'S WANT'S TO RELEASE IT, I WON'T FINISH THE MODEL AND SENT NEW PICUTER TO OUR SITE, HE JUST USED THE PICTURE THAT CAN BE FOUND AT OUR SITE

IN OTHER WORDS:

I WILL NOT CONVERD IT TO A P3D, AND I WON'T RELEASE IT

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

DKM-CoPilot

copilot.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M.Elings @ May 07 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HEE PEOPLE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT C130 BECOUSE IT ISN'T HIS!!!!!!!

I'VE CREATED IT, AND BECOUSE I'VE SEEN THAT HE'S WANT'S TO RELEASE IT, I WON'T FINISH THE MODEL AND SENT NEW PICUTER TO OUR SITE, HE JUST USED THE PICTURE THAT CAN BE FOUND AT OUR SITE

IN OTHER WORDS:

I WILL NOT CONVERD IT TO A P3D, AND I WON'T RELEASE IT

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

DKM-CoPilot

copilot.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Uh.... come again??? Ok...this is getting wierd. Are you saying that because Scorpio is going to make it that you are not going to do yours, or are you saying that Scorpio was talking out of his ass the whole time and that you were the one who was making that C130 model, and that because he was talking out of his ass you are going to punish the entire OFP community by not releasing the C130 addon?confused.gif???

I don't know, but to me that sounds rather childish. I mean we respect you guys as MOD creators and yeah we do act like jerks sometimes begging for MODs like a bunch of hungry children, but there's no need to act like a child yourself. That just causes your entire MOD group to lose respect in the OFP community. Besides, if you don't create the C130, it's only a matter of time before other skilled MOD makers DO make the C130 for OFP. So it's your choice. But I was rather looking forward to an excellent MOD from your group.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>