Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Lst 54 poseidon

A news post recently came up about my new LST 54 Poseidon on www.ofp.info and since then everybody has been asking me about it. But i'm fed up of explaining so i'll just tell everybody on the forum. When i first started it about 2 months ago, i was just using Milkshape to rebuild the flooring and structures, everybody reffered to me as "Sniper Maverick" and then "Snype" and now it's Scorpio. about 3 days from now i asked BIS for O2 and they granted it to me. So now i'm waiting for a reply in the post for the download. So people, hold on and soo you will get these kinds of features:

-Back Elevating and attached to Vehicle compartment

-3 Decks: Gun Deck, Barracks, and Ammo Storage

- Port Holes

- 30mm and TOW Cannons either side

- Capability of Vehicles to go in

- Capability of Choppers to land

- Capacity of up to 50 soldiers

smile.gif

Im seriously looking forward on how you manage to get all that working with OFP engine...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ May 05 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What happend to the hercules tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah! If I don't get a C-130 soon, I might DIE!!!!!

(and before you say 'oh, good', I will also jab pointy sticks at you all.)

Capability of vehicles to go in?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?

wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

it's possible...he just has to get past some clipping issues. with O2 it might be possible. also for soldiers too, if he can get past the clipping issues and they can walk around freely on it, which means they could also fire personal weapons from it.

I literally do not think it is possible with the OFP engine. For example, try and walk on top of a tank or a bmp. And i darent imagine what happens when you drive a vehicle onto another vehicle. I can imagine a lot of bouncing around. And it certainly could not move with another vehicle inside it i wouldnt have thought.

Unless you are planning to have the weapons (cannons and TOW launchers) scripted to the ship it owuld be impossible to fire anymore than one at a time...you do realise this don't you?

Jubs

i've walked around the LST before. it takes some work but it's possible. i even jumped off the side biggrin.gif

you can drive tanks into things like camonet bunkers, so theoretically it's possible, just the right way to implement it must be found.

however, the floor might be the problem. we may just have to resort to those vehicle-cargo scripts.

Well you see Zach, the difference between a camo bunker and a vehicle, is that a camo bunker is a camo bunker. And a vehicle is a vehicle. Understand?  biggrin.gif

i'm putting that aside for the time being. I'm going to work on the C-130 as needed. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ May 05 2002,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">N0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!

We want the LST... PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif Damn...LST? OR C-130?

I'll start a poll.

Im with Espectro on this one, the LST sounds too cool (if you can get it working).

Well...i'll run into a lot of problems with the LST

but then again, i'll be wondering and working out everything for the C-130 . from scratch.

So please vote

I´ve been able to walk over a roof´s house............

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ May 05 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well a house is not a moving object<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but an LST is not a moving object. but when it IS moving, it's moving.

With a little scripting, it can be done.

It seems the poll has "C-130 is the king" painted all over it. biggrin.gif

yes i hear there is a difference between a LST and an object all i'm saying is it's possible for objects to be entered, so the same should be true for a LST except it moves and has a floor which will probably cause problems

stop posting messages and start working on the Hercules wink.giftounge.gif