Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Lst 54 poseidon

Hey Scorpio they say here you are gonna release it within a week....but if you decide to release the c130 that won´t be possible...isn´t it?

maybe, if i have enough time, i'll release the C-130 in 2 week or so.

what? no AC-130?

yeah flame me all you want but i think if there's going to be a C-130, i would love to open up on the ruskees with a 40mm or a 105 howitzer wow.gif

But i prefer a LSt54 with all those features in it... smile.gifsmile.gif

by the way, if you want realistic weapon loadouts (for newport class, i think lst54 is newport)

Armament: One 20 mm Phalanx CIWS mount; two 25 mm MK 38 machine guns (to keep cumboy from throwing a fit i copied that from navy.mil) biggrin.gif

phalanx specs MK38 specs

Thought the LST is a nice idea i dont see any use of it in flashpoint..(thought the hercules doesnt have much use either in flashpoint it can be used for Gunship for example) what use does it in flashpoint have that you can put ships into a ship and that you can walk around a ship...thought its nice if your able to visit the bar into the ship and take a bigmac wink.gif it adds nothing special. Thoughts its not likely possible like most people said because of the flashpoint addon

actually i do see some use of it, since BIS did not finish the original LST. and you forgot that the Army has naval units. Just a crappy Mark II PBR isn't gonna make a good naval strike.

Wow that sounds great.

*weighs the 2 on a scale*

hmmm naval power or air power....

*screams in agony of pain*

I vote for the LST. We have alot of air power right now (not like more is bad).

But its up to you scorpio.

Just imagine being part of an invasion where 2 lsts filled with men and tanks... entered malden or something... what a sight smile.gif

I dunno, that big gunship (gunplane? biggrin.gif) would be a little overpowering, i mean granted easy to shoot it out of a sky, but it could lay so much covering fire onto one point that nobody'd be able to get near it.

But i think it would be great without the guns for mass parachute (could you paradrop vehicles perhaps?) raids.

I believe you can paradrop vechiles via script. Like on the chinook cargo rope, when you release it (the vechile) it has a parachute if you did it right.

there's an incargo script too, it "puts" 2 jeeps in a CH-47 (when the thing lands a lil script thing puts the jeeps right outside the back door and they merrily drive away

and that's an AC-130, 20mm and 40mm vulcans and a 105 howitzer

it works, ask taliban biggrin.gif "taliban report status" "taliban is down"

i think a C130 would be to big for ofp, it would be toomany polygons i have the model on my computer and its just to big for ofp (i think too big for the oofpengine to handle to)

I just got to thinking about the C-130. You know when you hit enter on the number pad. Well that takes you to an outside view, but i dont think that would be possible for a C-130 because of its size. Thats one thing to consider. If worse comes to worse you could always use the commander view if you are the commander.

C-130 isnt too big for OFP in a technical sense. Getting a C-130 model into OFP is no problem whatsoever.

How would you steer the LST ? I mean that's no tiny boat, that's a massive vessel. Hell, getting that thing to move at 58km/h (30 knots) might take about 10 minutes. Same goes for slowing it down.

LST can't really leave its nose on the beach, like the Mark IIs can. Ship is too heavy. In real life its submerged hull would restrict it to coming too close to the shore. LST opens its front gate and manually extends a floating "bridge" to let the tanks drive off on the shore.

I say if you're going to do this, then do it right. You should simulate its submerged hull where the ship would stop well ahead of the shore as its hull simply scrapes the beach floor.

How would you implement the closeing door ? The deploying floating bridge ? The tanks driving off ?

You're looking at a hell of a challenge pal.

i put the C130 in oxygen and it would be too much polygons i think and the inside needs details too, on the model that i put in were no details only a cockpit andthe plane

Well, you can say anything you like, but it doesn't stop me from building the C-130. It's one of my best loved planes. smile.gif

Sure, i'll run into challenges, but i'll get there. smile.gif

actually a newport class LST's maximum speed is 20 knots biggrin.gif