Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

ahhh crap I was happily downloading from sprocket earlier, but for the past 1.5 hours it just won't do anything at all, link does not respond and times out. have tried it several times with new link and nothing. Whats more annoying is that I suddenly got disconnected from my download which was maxing out fine.....

You just need to re-click the sprocket.exe to resume.

No, I meant the 1.56 patch Download. Damn, that thing is SLOW at downloading.

Woah... Check your Campaigns section of the menu. BIS included what appears to be the entire Black Gauntlet campaign in low-res (but still) with PMC Lite...

BIS are not just awesome developers because of this, they're also awesome people! :D

Woah... Check your Campaigns section of the menu. BIS included what appears to be the entire Black Gauntlet campaign in low-res (but still) with PMC Lite...

BIS are not just awesome developers because of this, they're also awesome people! :D

So the campaign is free? :confused:

Yes. Performance is pretty low. I get about 25 fps with 7k VD when I'm alone on the map. On Takistan I get ~30fps with 10k VD and a few AI running around.

But the map is awesome. I like it very much though it's very small.

What do you need 7k view distance for? Are you all the time in helo or plane? Stop talking noncenses...

I have no idea if it's the entire campaign, and I have no idea how similar it is to the DLC in terms of quality, but something is there. :eek:

What are your specs? Because the map runs fine for me when I lower the graphicsettings a bit.

I7 860 @2.8 Ghz

Nvidia GT320 1024 Mb

4Gb DDR3

Windows 7

Running almost everything on normal, just punching the VS between 4K and 10k depending on the mission and the map

But it doesn't matter since I can run both Takistan and Tchernarus with 30/40 FPS (With just me on the map)

Have u defragged ur ARMA2 directory since u installed it and patch?

Gamebooster does it for me

I'll try, thanks

Edited by Macadam Cow

I presumed this would not be the case... *goes to check*

If it's there, I can imagine the gargling water through a tube voices will annoy me far more than the low-rez textures.

Edit: 'Malfunction' seems to work, and that's mission four or five.

Edited by Richey79

No, I meant the 1.56 patch Download. Damn, that thing is SLOW at downloading.

Use other mirrors. I can't see everyone of them overloaded (at least, mine is far from being busy, and I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the other links provided in the mirrors list are in the same state)

What do you need 7k view distance for? Are you all the time in helo or plane? Stop talking noncenses...

I fly Helos or planes (RKSL Typhoon) very often, yes. And it's not nonsense I like to be able to look far.

I7 860 @2.8 Ghz

Nvidia GT320 1024 Mb

4Gb DDR3

Windows 7

Running almost everything on normal, just punching the VS between 4K and 10k depending on the mission and the map

But it doesn't matter since I can run both Takistan and Tchernarus with 30/40 FPS (With just me on the map)

If OC'ing your CPU is an option for you try it. For me it made a huge difference

The campaign looks good so far. I like the atmosphere. This destroyed Zargabad is giving me goosebumbs.

Edited by Derbysieger

Screw Sprocket! I just bought PMC off Gamers Gate (thx for tip!) and downloading at 5 MB/s now :)

So I guess I'll give my Sprocket PMC to my brother if he wants it =)

/ ]NTRUDER

Use other mirrors. I can't see everyone of them overloaded (at least, mine is far from being busy, and I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the other links provided in the mirrors list are in the same state)

Trust me, I used ALL of the mirrors, but, unfortunately, I'm not the only person using the internet in the building.

I fly Helos or planes (RKSL Typhoon) very often, yes. And it's not nonsense I like to be able to look far.

The campaign looks good so far. I like the atmosphere. This destroyed Zargabad is giving me goosebumbs.

Anything above 5000m is simply a crazy setting you need a supercomputer for. Im happy I can do 3500 with my current hardware.

My sprocket connection has dropped to 27Kb/s and only allows CZ mirror

Was 130Kb/s when i stated it

Only 38% done too :(

Any other way to get this quicker, Can i just download it from anywhere and use sprocket key or is that illegal/won't work?

FPDR

Just mind your own business, if it's for posting such irrelevant post just don't waste your time.

People d what they want, I sometimes go up to 15k when the map allows me to (like Nevada Desert Terrain)

You don't have to judge that.

If OC'ing your CPU is an option for you try it. For me it made a huge difference

Yup it's on my todo list ;)

Edited by Macadam Cow

Is it wrong that I feel pissed at the campaign being included for free? I kinda feel cheated.

On a brighter note, the patch download is going to take just long enough for me to watch CSI: Miami.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

And my DLC download is comp1337

I picked up a mistake on ARMA2 site, yeah i have time waiting for the d/l to finish lol

The Ka-137 and Ka-60 pictures are the wrong way around in PMC vehicles section