Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

[Campaigns] Grey Sky, Operation Red Star

I´ve finished Grey Sky several days ago. Great Campaign.

Now I´m having a problem with the Red Star Campaign. In mission "Known Terrorist Threat" I cant get the pilot to take off. He asks me where to go when embarking, but I dont know how to give orders to him. And when using 0-0-1 it says, transport not available at the moment. I would use an other transport option, but all vehicles are locked.

Apart from this, Operation Red Star rocks. Only at Chernogorsk mission, I expected a huge (or at least a big) battle and was a little disappointed.

Oh, the helicopter taxi support is quite easy to use. Just hit 0-8-1.^^ The other air support comes in later during the mission.

And for the mission Chernogorsk: i know it could be more but cities are always performance consuming and a large battle might affect slower systems so it would be unplayable for certain people. I had the same feeling about the "Harvest Red" mission from the original campaign.

But i hope it's still fun to play and not boring! :)

Edited by IndeedPete

But i hope it's still fun to play and not boring! :)

definitly fun to play, enjoying it a lot!

cheers

I am running an AMD phenom 9850 with 6GB of ram and a GTS 250 so I know its not my system.Ill have to try it without using the beta.

Hi there, i just finished the next update on Operation Red Star. Downloadlinks in the first post have been updated!

Changes in this version:

1.02 - 20.10.2010

-ADDED: Timeout in first mission when the chopper is chasing the boat.

-FIXED: In second version of mission "Chernogorsk" the dialogue after the third Shilka wouldn't end.

-CHANGED: The mortar fire in mission "Dublin" has now a bigger radius and different types of explosions.

-CHANGED: Teammates above the player's rank are now invincible while teammates below the player's rank are playable but yet mortal.

do i have to start again red star or the savegames will work with the v1.02?

Tx.

Your old saves will work. I haven't changed any big things.

Did you include weapon loadouts?

Damn! I'm sorry i forgot it. :( There's always something you forget to do...

I'll include it, i promise! *Writing a to-do-.txt*

HI IndeedPete,

i just finished Chernogorsk mission (i take my time :p), but the next mission can't start because this error message appear after the "settime" 13:00: "... this file has been deleted.ca.module_e_uav".

I'm using 1.02 version of the campaign.

Operation Red Star has a serious waypoint bug.1st mission as soon as you board UH-1 and are ready to land at airbase the heli flares and descends rapidly hitting the ground and exploding.I've tried campaign several times.Ends with a crash every time.

Yeah, it´s definitely the latest beta patch that´s causing this;

shoot the pilot and fly yourself :p

HI IndeedPete,

i just finished Chernogorsk mission (i take my time :p), but the next mission can't start because this error message appear after the "settime" 13:00: "... this file has been deleted.ca.module_e_uav".

I'm using 1.02 version of the campaign.

Hm, strange that means he can't find the UAV module which the game has by default. Which version of Arma 2 do you use?

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

shoot the pilot and fly yourself :p

:D If this is the only option...^^

For this campaign i play just with arma 2 (and not CO) en v1.07. Or maybe i have missed a new patch?

But actually, i started your campaign en v1.01, and just before to start the Chernogosk mission, i remplaced it by the 1.02. But i don't think that it is the problem because i could play Chernogosk.

It would be really pity to not continue your campaign, i really enjoy it!

Hm, i don't get that error. Does someone else experience this issue?

I just tried with CO (Combined Operation) ... and it works! And after, new try with Arma 2 only: still error message.

Does the installation of Op. Arrowhead change some files like ca.module_e_uav?

I don't know. But i use CO too, so i never came across that issue.

I´ve got the problem that Dr. Banks dies from nothing in Reconnaisence. I followed him and he just fall and is dead. I dont think that somebody shoot at him. One times it seems that the grenadier guy is hit him and he fall down and dies

Did you take a look on the watch?^^ Dr. Banks is still wounded and has not much time without treatment...

That means that the mission has a time limit. He dies after 15-20 minutes. So, hurry up! ;)

i just would like to thank you IndeedPete for your Red Star Campaign, i completed it yesturday and i have really enjoyed it. A campaign with more than 10 missions are rare since ofp times. Missions are all differents, not easy not hard, with many good ideas. Nice Storyline...

Thank you again!

I will play Grey Sky after Persian Hammer ;)

Thanks for playing it!

I'll try out Persian Hammer in the next days too. It looks quite interesting. :)

Hi there, i've just updated ORS!

Changelog:

1.03 - 30.10.2010

-ADDED: Weapons selection in briefing.

Links in the first post have been updated!

Strange Things happen in your campaign. I finished mission 2 now.

Problem 1: I couldn´t save the civis. I killed every enemy around them, still the task was failed

Problem 2: The VIP died everytime when entereing the Fortress. I had to use endmission

To 1: Did one of the guards already fired a shot or did one of the civilians died?

2nd: I never had that issue so i think it's caused by the time limit as i mentioned before.

Are 15-20 minutes (randomized) not long enough? Should i increase the available time?

More thoughts are appreciated since i heard several complaints now! :)

To1: No Guard managed to shot, all civis where still alive. I killed all the guards: Medic at crosroad, Machinegunner on patrol around the House, two guys next to the house.

To 2: I don´t think that I needed 15 Minutes to get to the castle, unsunre about that

Two guys? There are three to kill the civies, one officer and one walking patrol.

I think, i'll adjust the time limit in the next version because i can't see any reason why Dr. Banks died apart from game engine failures...

Edited by IndeedPete