Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

[Campaigns] Grey Sky, Operation Red Star

i saw the chopper dropping flares several times, so maybe the countermeasures kill the alive trigger event...so this would be caused by a new feature this time, AI advantages also can destroy missions:p

Hm, then i recommend to play ORS without ACE. It's not required anyway.^^

And i just finished a non-ACE version of Grey Sky! Also the "normal" version has been updated! Though i still recommend to play the ACE version, i think it's way cooler but that's my opinion.^^

Requirements non-ACE:

-Arma 2

-Namalsk

-Desert Mercanaries and BlackOps

Changelog:

1.00 - 12.10.2010

-Initial Release.

1.01 - 12.10.2010

-FIXED: Removed invicibility and teleport option.

1.02 - 14.10.2010

-FIXED: Mission ends now correctly when teammates die.

-Non-ACE version released.

I haven't tested every mission in the non-ACE version so plese tell me if you find any ACE related issues, thanks! :)

Edited by IndeedPete

Hm, then i recommend to play ORS without ACE. It's not required anyway.^^

And i just finished a non-ACE version of Grey Sky! Also the "normal" version has been updated! Though i still recommend to play the ACE version, i think it's way cooler but that's my opinion.^^

Requirements non-ACE:

-Arma 2

-Namalsk

-Desert Mercanaries and BlackOps

Changelog:

1.00 - 12.10.2010

-Initial Release.

1.01 - 12.10.2010

-FIXED: Removed invicibility and teleport option.

1.02 - 14.10.2010

-FIXED: Mission ends now correctly when teammates die.

-Non-ACE version released.

I haven't tested every mission in the non-ACE version so plese tell me if you find any ACE related issues, thanks! :)

IndeedPete it looks like you forgot to remove the teleport option on the newest ver 1.02 of Grey Sky.

Yes, i noticed that. Sorry, i must have taken the wrong files. The RS and Mediafire links are updated already. The armaholic mirror still carries the wrong files. I apologize.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Alright, Armaholic links are updated too. Thanks guys!

Can you take out the dependancy of team mates getting killed and the mission ends, its annoying. You should also have the ability to choose your own weapons from ammo crates at bases and on helos.

Apart from that its alright.

First, which campaign do you mean?

Second, no i won't take it out because the teammates are story relevant and it takes a bit of the atmosphere when someone important dies and then he just appears in the next mission like he was never killed.

I could however add a weapons selection. I think i'll add this to the next version of ORS.

Operation red star. Operation dublin, the mortar bombardment takes out one or two of your team mates, and the bombardment is too long. Do you want to shorten it?

I never lost a teammate but that's because i know the mission i guess.^^ I think i'll work on the mortar strike; adjusting it a bit and so on.

i'm loving the mission but i'm getting the white screen problem on Red star- regroup mission! Any solutions? All the other missions and campaings plays fine!

Tx nice work!

Second, no i won't take it out because the teammates are story relevant and it takes a bit of the atmosphere when someone important dies and then he just appears in the next mission like he was never killed.

Yeah, but it´s annoying to see your AI teammates running like lemmings to their death without any chance to command them, so give at least the possibility to switch positions, please.

@Grillob3: What white-screen problem? What does exactly happen?

@@ST: Ok, i'll make them at least playable or sometimes invincible in the next update.

Nice one IndeedPete, cant wait for the next update.

take a look on this link and that is exacly what happened!just in ur mission for me!I play almost everywhere 1600x1200 all veryhigh with 60fps solid for the last 3 months....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78149

MB: Asus rampage II

CPU:i7 920 4.0 ghz

VGA: radeon 5970

RAM: 12gb dominator

COOLING:all water cooled by koolance

Edited by Grillob3

@IndeedPete/about "Grey sky"

Really AWESOME feeling on your campaign-but i encountered 1-2 probs.

I DLed both from Armaholic and RS the noACE version,but the "Teleport" was

still there/also enemies couldn't harm me -nor my teamates(??!)

I really wanted "some more" of the story-especially in my favorite island "Namalsk"..but i read before in your post this "story" so far was VERY

time-consuming..so ok! :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Amazing ive started the campaign Grey-Sky and i love it, thanks for youre hard work. The mix of STALKER and Fallout is great :D. Hope you can help me im at the mission Flashback and after ive shooted at the gaurds in the towers i have to eliminate the 6 enemies at the building in the north. The problem is that the mission fails if i shoot at anyone of them. Hope you understand what i mean my english is not good xD. THX

Ok, thanks for the positive replies. I will take care about your problems when i'm home from the university. Later guys!

@Grillob3:

Hm, the link you send me shows the problem but i can't find a solution. I think it's maybe the color corrections but i don't know. I disabled the color effects for testing and uploaded the mission. Would you be so kind to test it for me?

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?y60l304x4ra2l12

@GiorgyGR:

Yes, that's because i got mixed up with the links, i'm sorry. Now the RS, Mediafire and Armaholic mirrors have been updated and you'll get the right file by just re-downloading it from one of these mirrors. I just tested it with the Armaholic link.

DL: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12328

@miromanu:

That's strange, i've just tested it by playing the mission by myself without problems. Maybe you forgot to shoot one enemy? Or maybe you aimed at the wrong one?

The task is to kill all guards in the watchtowers and on the chimney and then take out the six soldiers in the WIP-building. I marked it on a picture:

arma2oa2010-10-1817-089crx.jpg

I dont know what happened but that "whitescreen" stopped!So i could move to the next mission!And By the way this (Operation Red Star) is the best Campaigns so far (did not finish yet) that i ever play for arma 2!!!Way nice job!!!

Thanks! and keep making Campaigns for us!

You should work for BI!!! :)

Edited by Grillob3

Wow, thanks! But i'll finish my studies first before i go and make missions for money. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

BTW: Did you try the mission i've uploaded or did you use the original?

Operation Red Star has a serious waypoint bug.1st mission as soon as you board UH-1 and are ready to land at airbase the heli flares and descends rapidly hitting the ground and exploding.I've tried campaign several times.Ends with a crash every time.

Strange, i never had that issue. Do you use any addons?

Strange, i never had that issue. Do you use any addons?

Not when using this campaign,no.Just the current beta patch.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Just tried the campaign again twice.It simply will not land without a hard crash and explosion.3rd try placed the heli into the trees north of airbase and crash.

Edited by WarriorM4

Then it must have something to do with the beta patch. I only use the stable patches and not the betas...