Sign in to follow this  
wasicun

Stryker MGS

Hi guys.

First thing: thank you Bohemia for the strykers and bradleys, i really like it.

In the real stryker MGS (the stryker with the 105mm cannon) there are 3 crewmember: commander, gunner and driver.

ATM in arrowehad in the stryker MGS there are only 2 slots: gunner and driver.

Can you fix it with a future patch?

(it will be great too if you fix the m1a1 abrams too, in real life there is the loader's slot too, as in the m1a2).

Bye all and ty

Hi guys.

First thing: thank you Bohemia for the strykers and bradleys, i really like it.

In the real stryker MGS (the stryker with the 105mm cannon) there are 3 crewmember: commander, gunner and driver.

ATM in arrowehad in the stryker MGS there are only 2 slots: gunner and driver.

Can you fix it with a future patch?

(it will be great too if you fix the m1a1 abrams too, in real life there is the loader's slot too, as in the m1a2).

Bye all and ty

there are nor loaders in MBTs in ArmA...the one in the M1A2 is a second gunner and maks a lot of trouble...for example A.I. not attacking that tanks with AT but with smalls arms. The whole Idea of a turned out loader as MG gunner is hilarious anyway...who will reload the gun???

there are nor loaders in MBTs in ArmA...the one in the M1A2 is a second gunner and maks a lot of trouble...for example A.I. not attacking that tanks with AT but with smalls arms. The whole Idea of a turned out loader as MG gunner is hilarious anyway...who will reload the gun???

There is no loader in a Stryker MGS, its got an autoloader. The 3rd crewman (aka commander) not only means its efficency would go up, but you have a 2nd MG to shoot troops with. Its anoying having a M2 that you cant use :( . Also the TOW version is meant to have a MG too.

EDIT: Looks like the MGS is meant to have a commander, theres a 2nd turret code but its disabled, interesting.

Edited by RicoADF

There seems to be inherent trouble for wheeled APC class to have 2 seperate turrets. I.E:

class Turrets

{

class mainTurret {};

class commanderTurret{};

};

but nested commander turret seems to be ok. I.e:

class Turrets

{

class mainTurret

{

class Turrets

{

class commanderTurret{};

};

};

};

Does the "this movein commander" script in the init work for the MGS?

The MGS has a Coaxial M240, it's that little boxy protrusion to the left of the canon that BIS isn't using for some reason. The M2 should be used by the Commander, and the 240 by the gunner.

The MGS has a Coaxial M240, it's that little boxy protrusion to the left of the canon that BIS isn't using for some reason. The M2 should be used by the Commander, and the 240 by the gunner.

Absolutely, i'ts really surprising that BIS omited the coaxial M240 on the Stryker MGS. this coaxial gun would have saved me from lots of situations if implemented.

O.A. is in v1.55 and nothing have been done to fix it.

Edited by cychou

MG's missing seems to be a bit rampant for APC's minus the strykers, the LAV for example, commander is supposed to have a MG but doesn't, the odd thing is if you watch the VBS2 videos you see the same exact LAV with the MG.

Good thing we have people like the ACE team fixing those things then, no? I mean, I wish the game would be fixed by those who made it, but that's probably not going to happen, at least not without the budget of a COD.

Good thing we have people like the ACE team fixing those things then, no? I mean, I wish the game would be fixed by those who made it, but that's probably not going to happen, at least not without the budget of a COD.

Just compare the ACE M1's with the BIS ones and tell me who the pro's are? Real virtuality is a great piece of software but i think BIS should focus on the engine and hire some real talent for the game design..

when bis add this then must he make the m2 only fired with the commander over hatch ;)