So I have a few questions. With ASR enabled I have to say that things are amazing. The only problem is that with or without re-arming enabled the AI in a player led team often goes into the "ready" state and I have to call them back into formation. I tried disabling rearming, and using VFAI in its place and it seemed to help a lot, but only by about half.

What is going on? Is there a way to stop them from constantly having to be called back into formation? I'm using TPWCAS.

Sorry..i don't have TPWCAS userconfig open right now to see if latest versions have (also) REARM function.

Are you sure you double checked if the feature is properly disabled at ASR_AI's userconfig?..

Question, want to test ASRAI on my gameserver, as for some reason now zeus isn't working anymore.

Do I need @ASR_A3 and @ASR_AI running client and server, or just on the server?

and the recommended settings seen on post #20 are they still applicable?

this is for Arma3.

edit...

Im getting this error message and my server wont show in the mp list now:

Warning Message: Addon 'asr_ai_main' requires addon 'CBA_MAIN'

heres my command line for the server:

mod=@CBA_A3;@ASR_AI;@ASR_A3

I dont get it I have cba there, is ASRAI only for Arma2CO or am I missing something here?

1. Latest version is named @ASR_AI3 and it's on my SU/PWS repo (ASR link in my sig).

2. Settings in post #20 still apply

3. You're obviously still missing CBA, even if you have the correct mod line, make sure the addons are actually in there. The RPT also lists all pbo files loaded right after the executable is started.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

edit: this is for Arma 3

I just downloaded the ASR development repository from PwS, but I'm having problems getting it to work. The server loads up just fine with ASR_AI3 and I have the settings .hpp file set up. do I still need ASR_A3 or something? it just stopped working. I set the AI aiming accuracy down to 0.00 and the AI seems to be set back to vanilla. The mod is definitely running.

as a separate question, I modified the some of settings and I want to know if this looks right. can you verify this for me? even when I set their accuracy to 0.05 they still seem to hit with deadly accuracy, but before I updated at least they were doing other things like throwing smoke grenades. here are the settings:

class level_1 { // sf 1
			aiming[]   = {0.00, 0.00}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
			spotting[] = {0.30, 0.00};
			general[]  = {0.80, 0.20};
			units[] = { "OPF_F","BLU_F","IND_G_F","IND_F"
			};

I set their aiming to 0.00 for testing purposes.

Thanks

It has been tested for months in a dedicated server using the default values and some might complain the accuracy is even on the low side with the mod running. Make sure it's actually running on your server - check rpt and see if it loads the asr_ai_*.pbo files.

Your config is not correct, you're listing faction names instead of unit types. Best to leave that setting alone (default, empty) unless you want to add some third-party mod unit types.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Hello Robalo,

I have a possible issue with the ArmA2 version (1.16.1).

It seems that over the course of the game, civilians tend to gather on a few spots on the map and form crowds there (in the last mission they gathered at two fuel stations, before I also saw this near flagpoles).

It seems to happen with ASR_AI only, but maybe the bug is in my mission anyway. Hard to tell.

ai rearming is off, ai skill is off for civilians, join loners is off too, reactions array is 0,0,0.

At first I thought it's the Alice module, but that also happens when it's off.

Does that ring a bell?

Anyway, thanks for your continued hard work on this great addon :)

Cheers,

D.

No idea why that would happen, sorry. I haven't been playing Arma2 at all since Arma3 came out. Civilians use their own separate danger fsm AFAIR, plus I have specifically added config options to be able to not use enhancements on civilians, so I can't see why they'd be affected.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

A question and I should know better by now robalo after watching you modding this all these years :). If I am going to make a mp coop mission do I add asr_ai to the mission folder, ie, to init. File? Will this then activate asr_ai to everyone i server? Or does the ded server have to run it? Thanx.

It's possible to convert it to script version and include it with the mission, but it's not that easy I'm afraid. Best to just run it on the server.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Go to the 1st page of this topic

Click on "Download from Dev-Heaven"

There you are... The ASR-AI file for Arma3 is at the end of the list, it's the latest one available.

No, that one is 3 months old :)

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

So I have a few questions. With ASR enabled I have to say that things are amazing. The only problem is that with or without re-arming enabled the AI in a player led team often goes into the "ready" state and I have to call them back into formation. I tried disabling rearming, and using VFAI in its place and it seemed to help a lot, but only by about half.

What is going on? Is there a way to stop them from constantly having to be called back into formation? I'm using TPWCAS.

It is normal to call them back after they wander off to rearm. VFAI does that too so you haven't really disabled that behavior.

I see... Is there no way to make them return to formation after re-arming automatically? Currently managing a group and making sure unit-cohesion is good is hard for me. ASR_AI is so robust in its rearming I cant keep everyone in the fight and sometimes I might continue on and forget I left someone behind because he tried to rearm. In groups of 12+ it's hard to keep track of.

I see... Is there no way to make them return to formation after re-arming automatically? Currently managing a group and making sure unit-cohesion is good is hard for me. ASR_AI is so robust in its rearming I cant keep everyone in the fight and sometimes I might continue on and forget I left someone behind because he tried to rearm. In groups of 12+ it's hard to keep track of.

Returning back into formation after rearming is the default behavior. That should happen automatically I was under the impression that this was in fact what you were not happy about but it seems I misunderstood. If something broke and that's no longer happening, that's unfortunate. I no longer play Arma2 so I can't maintain this version anymore.

Returning back into formation after rearming is the default behavior. That should happen automatically I was under the impression that this was in fact what you were not happy about but it seems I misunderstood. If something broke and that's no longer happening, that's unfortunate. I no longer play Arma2 so I can't maintain this version anymore.

That is a shame, but I understand. To reiterate yes, they do not return to formation sometimes after rearming.

There must be someone out there who can take the time to implement a fix?

I wonder if the restrictions for rearming launchers is supposed to affect the player/s as well?

As long as ASR_AI is loaded, players can't pick up launchers that aren't mentioned in the list in the asr_ai_settings.hpp, no matter if airearming is active or not. I want to use ASR_AI, but that function is quite bothering me. Putting every single launcher that ever was or will be in the game in the list in the asr_ai_settings.hpp can't be the solution to this problem, I hope...

Will this mod replace the default AI? I only need to activate the mod and the new AI will work automatically?

@Rabalo - thanks for your mod , to which I have yet to become familiar with, still testing !! - 1Q = when loading the game I get the following message in the side channel "warning ASR_AI userconfig outdated" I have the

latest version for A3 do I something wrong ?? - thanks

BR Spoor

if i were to run this with COSLX, is it best to delete all AI files in the SLX mod folder first so get no clashing between ai files?

Does ASR AI work with the official Arma 2 campaigns well enough? Does it affect the accuracy/skill of your own teammates? Just enemy AI? Or neither except where they are generated "fresh" like in the "Warfare" style stuff?

ive gone thru harvest red with a mix of zeus and ASr and its worked fine much better than vanilla and is very fun to play.. totally reignite this game for me now, ive racked up few hours lately lol

Well, I am using ASR AI now. The mod is great. I've noticed the NPCs rearming, taking weapons or ammo of dead bodies and stuff like it. Robalo did an awesome job with the mod! Congratulations!

Well, I am using ASR AI now. The mod is great. I've noticed the NPCs rearming, taking weapons or ammo of dead bodies and stuff like it. Robalo did an awesome job with the mod! Congratulations!

Which version do you use, its little confusing here and the file from first page seems to be outdated

Which version do you use, its little confusing here and the file from first page seems to be outdated

Me too.

Also, I'm having the situation where enemies from other areas of the map are converging on my location.

So, I get one massive fire-fight, then when all enemy is dead, I go to the other Objectives, there are no enemies, because I killed them all out of synch and time.

How can I fix this? I don't know what to do in the Configs to adjust that behavior or what file to take out.

Some one please help me?

@Kommiekat You are affected by one of these features (or both):

- AI radio net (only for servers and single-player).

When a group learns enough about an enemy, it will broadcast information about that enemy over radio to all friendly

groups within a configured range. The info is sent with a delay, so to prevent breaking breaking stealth, quick takedowns

are required. Sending and receiving groups must have radios. No waypoints are set, no orders given, just information sent,

default game AI decides what to do with it.

- New basic scripted reaction to danger: support (2 waypoints: 1 - support a near group that is taking casualties then 2 - SAD). This will be disabled by default in the final release, but enabled now to testing. Again, reactions are only for groups which have no waypoints or have completed all of them.

Locate this line in userconfig:

radiorange = 500;              // Maximum range for radios

And reduce the number to stop interactions between distant groups.

Then locate this line:

reactions[] = {1,1,1};         // Infantry groups will randomly react with basic, scripted, random actions, to detecting the enemy or being shot at; format: {enableAttack,enableDefend,enableSupport}

And change it to {0,0,0} (or maybe {1,1,0}).

Hope that helps.

Hey guy, thanks for your reply.

I'm mainly a SP player so I think it is the AI net radio.

I'll find a way to disable that...................

thanks!

I'm mainly a SP player so I think it is the AI net radio.

I'll find a way to disable that...................

thanks!

Out of curiosity, how far are the groups that are being dragged to the firefight?

while we are on editing..

How can I reduce the distance all team AI spot enemies... I think its too far,, the ai see enemies way before I do which mean I hardly get a shot off first.. and very rarely make a kill first...

can this be reduce to match more to human spotting on screen.??

heers

while we are on editing..

How can I reduce the distance all team AI spot enemies... I think its too far,, the ai see enemies way before I do which mean I hardly get a shot off first.. and very rarely make a kill first...

In the asr_ai_settings.hpp inside your userconfig/asr_ai-directory the skills for each class set are defined. There's an option to set the spotting distance, try playing with these values. Inside the class sys_aiskill-part of the file you can alter the nightspotting-factor as well.

what class is for ai teammates?

ive turned radio off for campaigns too... ive had the ai all go to your point. best turn off or do as above?

Edited by msportdan

I am using the latest one, downloaded from Armaholic.

Why are you confused?