The gunshothearing option dosen't seem to work, can't even get the debug hint to pup up...

I'm running the latest version for A3 Stable and I get the following error when I start up the game:

asr_ai3_cfgvehicles requires addon a3_characters_f_epa

Hallo

Anyone can tell me how to get this mod working on a dedi for arma 3 ?

I have downloaded the files for A3, but dont know how to set it up that it works.

I tried to read threw some posts but dont get it really.

For now i have only installed and activate @ASR_A3 on our server, but dont know what i have to do with the @ASR_AI.

Do i have to activate both addons on the server or the client have to install one of them to get it work ?

The activated mod (on server's command line) name should be @ASR_AI3

Place the @ASR_AI3 folder in your ARMA3 (server) main directory.

Check inside this folder for a userconfig one.

Inside must be another folder named as asr_ai3 and an .hpp file named asr_ai3_settings

Place the asr_ai3_settings into asr_ai3 folder and cut (or copy/paste it) in your ARMA3->userconfig

The above it will work..just be sure of your command line running @ASR_AI3 (*see 1st line of the post)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Is it possible to fix this code fof headless client please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Is it possible to fix this code fof headless client please?

I don't know if there's anything to fix for HC. The scripts are designed to run server side only and the clients will only use the configs.

GiorgyGR thanks for your fast reply and the detailed explanation.

Robalo thx for improving the Ai in such needed ways.

The only thing that was confusing me are the two folders and the ASR_A3 folder without the user config folder in it.

But when i have get you right i take the ASR_AI folder with the userconfig in it on the server and do all things on their right place.

What is that ASR_A3 folder good for? The client or ?

Ps: Srry for my broken english ;)

Yes I saw that there are test to run only on server in the scripts. Perhaps making it run on dedi && on hc will do the job.

Unfortunatly : i have no clue how to edit your mod and repack it after

What is that ASR_A3 folder good for? The client or ?

It's a separate mod (Appendix). If you're confused about it, ignore it.

Yes I saw that there are test to run only on server in the scripts. Perhaps making it run on dedi && on hc will do the job.

No, by design, the scripts run on server only for all units (including those on the HC and players). Not sure what you're trying to achieve.

Then does it work for units controlled by a HC???

Then does it work for units controlled by a HC???

Yes. If you suspect there is a feature which doesn't get applied let me know and I'll make sure to fix it.

Running the latest A3 Server (non beta) and getting this error also.

Running the latest A3 Server (non beta) and getting this error also.

It requires Dev branch or the upcoming patch. I made it clear in the repository's MOTD. Too bad You can only see those in SU but not in PWS.

Is there any older version that works with the current game patch?

edit: And maybe and direct downloadlink? Since downloading with PWS is an pain in the ass

Edited by Spectrobr

The activated mod (on server's command line) name should be @ASR_AI3

Place the @ASR_AI3 folder in your ARMA3 (server) main directory.

Check inside this folder for a userconfig one.

Inside must be another folder named as asr_ai3 and an .hpp file named asr_ai3_settings

Place the asr_ai3_settings into asr_ai3 folder and cut (or copy/paste it) in your ARMA3->userconfig

The above it will work..just be sure of your command line running @ASR_AI3 (*see 1st line of the post)

Thanks Giorgy, I'm struggling with this myself. Your post is helpful but I don't seem to have any folder named @ASR_AI3. I downloaded ASR for A3 from here: http://arma-sr.bzbit.com/. Where should we download the mod from if we are not using PwS?

Here's a zip file of the latest version for A3: https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/21175/asr_ai3_102501.zip

Note that it requires Dev branch. I don't have one for current Stable branch.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Is there any older version that works with the current game patch?

edit: And maybe and direct downloadlink? Since downloading with PWS is an pain in the ass

Nope. And downloading with PWS is the easiest way of installing a mod. Click on repo link, hit update, that's it.

ok we patched the server to the Dev Build now, and it´s working now (at least the AI throws Smokes) Do we have to change the .arma3config too? EnemySkill, Enemy Precision...?? What would be good for a coop play?

Are the Values from this post are still good?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107526-ASR-AI-Skills&p=1752374&viewfull=1#post1752374

regards.

ok we patched the server to the Dev Build now, and it´s working now (at least the AI throws Smokes) Do we have to change the .arma3config too? EnemySkill, Enemy Precision...?? What would be good for a coop play?

Are the Values from this post are still good?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107526-ASR-AI-Skills&p=1752374&viewfull=1#post1752374

regards.

Yes try with the default profile difficulty values.

Robalo you seem to be taking ASR AI into Zeus AI direction.

If you remember the main issue contributing to the mod's downfall was that it was taking control away from the player by messing with danger.fsm and other FSM scripts way too much.

Yeah I know it's all WIP yet right now AI seem to have a mind of their own. They would go into a stealth combat mode when not needed and won't go into combat mode when needed. They also would randomly stop and forget orders forcing me to give the same order again and again until they finally manage to complete it.

Yes I'm using the latest PwS version.

Robalo you seem to be taking ASR AI into Zeus AI direction.

If you remember the main issue contributing to the mod's downfall was that it was taking control away from the player by messing with danger.fsm and other FSM scripts way too much.

Yeah I know it's all WIP yet right now AI seem to have a mind of their own. They would go into a stealth combat mode when not needed and won't go into combat mode when needed. They also would randomly stop and forget orders forcing me to give the same order again and again until they finally manage to complete it.

Yes I'm using the latest PwS version.

Been "messing with danger.fsm" for a long time, even with the Arma2 version. Open it up and you'll see the changes are subtle. Used for group to group info sharing, taking cover and some reactions for groups without waypoints. What you're describing could be caused by another mod. I'm not setting stealth mode anywhere in my mod.

Ok so we have to wait for the next release to test your script again :(

Hmm sorry you are right. It may have to do with new AI mod and newer TPWCAS versions not being compatible anymore.

What difficulty settings are you using? Because im Struggling between "Worthless Aim" and "Aimbot"

Useless Aim

skillFriendly=0.7;

skillEnemy=0.7;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.5;

Aimbot

skillFriendly=0.7;

skillEnemy=0.7;

precisionFriendly=0.6;

precisionEnemy=0.6;

What difficulty settings are you using? Because im Struggling between "Worthless Aim" and "Aimbot"

Useless Aim

skillFriendly=0.7;

skillEnemy=0.7;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.5;

Aimbot

skillFriendly=0.7;

skillEnemy=0.7;

precisionFriendly=0.6;

precisionEnemy=0.6;

Does the Precision parameter have any effect at all? I think it doesn't since very long ago (Arma 2 patch)

I think after the dev Patch it works. Maybe it´s just imagination. AI Aiming skill is just really inconsistent. It´s a little bit better with this mod.

Can anyone help me out?