I'm not at home right now, but it's exactly what you said. Look for asr_aiskill.sqf, there's a line there, within the {} forEach _units loop, that checks for something regarding TPWLOS or something. Within that If block you reference a variable by calling it "_unit". It should be _thisUnit. That's all. I'm sure you'll get there in a second, but if you can't find it I'll post more precise data when I get home (if you still need it).

I have uploaded an updated pbo for that, signed, please test and confirm the problem is gone (filename is asr_ai-1.16.2-update.zip, unpack into @asr_ai\addons, overwriting the existing files).

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/files

Thanks seba!

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Hi Robalo,

I've been using the latest dev version of ASR AI on the Arma 3 Beta (stable) and have run into a problem with AI rearming on the Combined Arms Showcase. Basically, in the last two times I played, my team makes it to the enemy's camp and defends against the reinforcements. At some point, however, my team leader will run out of ammo and try to rearm at an Ifrit (instead of at another soldier, for example). The Ifrits don't contain ammo, though, so he gets stuck in a kind of reaching animation loop (as if trying to grab equipment out of the Ifrit) and won't respond to the new orders to secure the LZ at the end of the mission.

Similarly, if I run out of ammo, the leader tells me to rearm at an Ifrit. Since they don't contain ammo, I usually have to grab ammo or a weapon off another soldier and then click Done Action Menu.

I don't know if these are A3 issues or ASR-related, but I thought I'd let you know either way, just in case.

The rearming code is very crude, nowhere as functional as the A2 version, mainly because the TAKEMAGAZINE/TAKEWEAPON actions are not working properly in A3. As noted in the changelog, my mod will only send the AI to rearm from dead bodies so far, so what you're describing must be caused by something else. To be sure, you could try testing with rearming disabled in userconfig.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Looking for a guide on installing this for A3

This is what i have

main A3 folder...@ASR_AI @ASR_A3

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\ASR_AI\ asr_ai3_settings.hpp

In game expansions enabled.... ASR AI-072602 and ASR Appendix-072101 and CBA.

I think disabling ASR Appendix-072101 makes the AI pick up ammo but they did not seem to pick up enemy weapons.

Any help ta

ASR_A3 (Appendix) has nothing to do with ASR AI, it's just another mod (so far tiny config adjustments to enhance gameplay or realism). For ASR_AI in A3 you need:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ASR_AI

Also make sure to have the latest version of asr_ai3_settings.hpp in your Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai\

I have uploaded an updated pbo for that, signed, please test and confirm the problem is gone (filename is asr_ai-1.16.2-update.zip, unpack into @asr_ai\addons, overwriting the existing files).

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/files

Thanks seba!

Don't mention it :). The problem is gone as far as I can tell. Thank you.

Robalo - I've logged a ticket on dev-heaven for your reiview (This is based on A2, using the latest Beta's)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/72306

File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_airearming\fnc_inventoryCheck.sqf, line 161

Error in expression <ountMags;

if (_p < _needmax select 5 && _freeslots select 4 > 0) then {_nc set [>

Error position: <_freeslots select 4 > 0) then {_nc set [>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _freeslots

Error in expression < _time > bdetect_bullet_max_lifespan

|| _dist > bdetect_bullet_max_distance

|| s>

Error position: <_dist > bdetect_bullet_max_distance

|| s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist

Edited by LondonLad

Robalo - I've logged a ticket on dev-heaven for your reiview (This is based on A2, using the latest Beta's)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/72306

Error in expression <ountMags;

if (_p < _needmax select 5 && _freeslots select 4 > 0) then {_nc set [>

Error position: <_freeslots select 4 > 0) then {_nc set [>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _freeslots

Thanks, update added to ticket for testing, let me know if it fixes the problem.

|| s>

|| s>

This one is not from ASR AI ^

Brilliant Robalo - I'll update my servers and get back to you once I've had a chance to get users to access the system and put it through it paces.

Please note that this could take several days (as I'm unavailable for most of tomorrow and some parts of the w/end).

Couple more I've found (also added to dev-heaven - https://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/issues ....

File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_AINet.sqf, line 103

Error in expression < "_lastupos") then {

if (!_incontact && _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error position: <_unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

"11.718 - TPWCAS mainloop started"

"11.718 - TPWCAS 4.5 Active - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

|| s>

|| s>

File tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 500

|| s>

|| s>

File tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 500

That ain't no ASR AI :).

Opps, my bad - To crazy with my cut 'n' paste :D

That one, I've already logged with Ollem (TPWCAS) :)

Couple more I've found (also added to dev-heaven - https://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/issues ....

Check a few posts back, it has already been fixed.

Ah I see the ticket has been updated - I'll go and install these files now and get back to you once I have more information - Thanks Robalo :)

Robalo,

Early tests seems to have resolved the 'undefined variables' and other reported issues with the updated A2 version.

Should I encounter anything new, or changes I'll make you aware.

Thanks for resolving the issues quickly - Much appreciated :)

Robalo - Seems I was to quick off the mark.....

Further errors seen in the RPT log files:

---

---

It would seem I've reported this one already :(

Just checked to see that I had updated the files from your update, and I confirm that I have.

Robalo - Seems I was to quick off the mark.....

Further errors seen in the RPT log files:

---

---

It would seem I've reported this one already :(

Just checked to see that I had updated the files from your update, and I confirm that I have.

Are you sure you're getting the file named "asr_ai-1.16.2-update.zip"? Because that one should have solved that problem.

I'm going to re-do it again but I can see the updated files in place of the 'older' files within my ASR_AI mod folder.

[Added after posting]

Replaced the required files again - They were already there.

New log file ready to catch any errors - Will report back once I gather more info.

I'm going to re-do it again but I can see the updated files in place of the 'older' files within my ASR_AI mod folder.

[Added after posting]

Replaced the required files again - They were already there.

New log file ready to catch any errors - Will report back once I gather more info.

Make sure you're testing with a new mission, because if you're loading a save then you'll still run the old scripts.

Hi, i dont know if its just problem on my side, but recently i ve noticed weird thing happening with asr ai. When i spawn myself as squad leader and divide my team to 2 small squads, i notice that they miserably fail to follow my orders. When i send each team to opposite direction they just cant decide which team they belong to, sometimes returning to formation without me ordering it. And they very often spam "standing by " comment, without any commands issued. I have the latest version, tried with and without the dev branch and tried with and without any mods, problem seems to be exclusive to asr ai. Anybody else with similar problem?

Hi, i dont know if its just problem on my side, but recently i ve noticed weird thing happening with asr ai. When i spawn myself as squad leader and divide my team to 2 small squads, i notice that they miserably fail to follow my orders. When i send each team to opposite direction they just cant decide which team they belong to, sometimes returning to formation without me ordering it. And they very often spam "standing by " comment, without any commands issued. I have the latest version, tried with and without the dev branch and tried with and without any mods, problem seems to be exclusive to asr ai. Anybody else with similar problem?

Try disabling rearming: either in userconfig or put this in your mission code somewhere at the start:

asr_ai_sys_airearming_run = 0;

Hi Robalo,

I found a weird bug with the August 17 version of ASR AI for Arma 3. Using the default config file (which enables rearming) causes teams to automatically return to formation after you tell them to Flank Left/Right, Advance, or Stay Back.

To reproduce:

- I set down a Blufor rifle squad with me as leader.

- I assigned 2-5 as team red, 6-8 as team blue

- I ordered team red to flank left and team blue to flank right.

- Each team started to move in the proper direction but then quickly returned to formation.

If I disable rearming in the config file, the AI behaves as expected and stays in their proper positions.

Thanks ebarstad,

Best to keep rearming disabled for now in the A3 mod, it's very limited anyway.

Hi, I would like to ask what values are recommended for AI skill and accuracy in arma 3, do the values from page 2 apply? After recent patches I get my head blown off repaetedly in manner even Im not capable of. Im not arma god, but i play pretty decent :) Or what are the values you are playing with? Thanks

Hi, I would like to ask what values are recommended for AI skill and accuracy in arma 3, do the values from page 2 apply? After recent patches I get my head blown off repaetedly in manner even Im not capable of. Im not arma god, but i play pretty decent :) Or what are the values you are playing with? Thanks

They still apply, they're actually default settings. You should try the latest with PWS, the zip file always lags behind a few builds. The last build actually has them so inaccurate that I'm watching AI vs. AI pistol fights because they run out of rifle ammo before they can kill each other. That's why I actually have to modify the aiming skill up a bit now.

Thanks, i will try the new version then. Though i have problem using PWS, everytime i try to download ASR_A3 there it will redirect me and say "The page you were looking for doesn't exist.". I will try to contact support over there.

Thanks, i will try the new version then. Though i have problem using PWS, everytime i try to download ASR_A3 there it will redirect me and say "The page you were looking for doesn't exist.". I will try to contact support over there.

Strange, should be as easy as 1. Click the repo link, let PWS open it (PlayWithSix preset – ASR Development) 2. Click on Update.

Changes for A3 posted on my site. I hope to get it properly released soon with it's own A3 thread and everything :)

The versions since Aug 17 have been really great -- the new findcover routines are especially good.

One thing I do notice when running the mod is that the AI tend to shoot their weapons before they've fully turned towards their targets. It's especially noticeable with grenade launchers, but also with bullets, and can result in a fair bit of friendly fire incidents. Is this intended behaviour?

At first I thought it was because I was running TPW LOS, but even with that mod disabled, the AI fire their weapons early, before they have their shots lined up properly.