Sign in to follow this  
Auss

Frigates, Weapons and Waves Addons By Gnat - OGN Exclusive

you already have oa' date=' ray..[/quote']

But I want to use it for Arma 2, all my addons are in arma 2.

What is the "waves" addon? Does it add Waves to the water? Or as an animated Object? Or Changes the Water Texture?

Its a 41km x 41km island/terrain.

Something different to "float" the ships in.

Also, I somehow crash when I change my position to gunner position.

sorry to bump, can we get an Armaholic mirror for this plz, I checked last night and there was none, thanks :)

Hey, is there a way to get the camera angle the same as the Russian ship when in 3rd person mode? with the Russian Ship the camera is above the ship allowing you to see everything, but with the American ships the camera is low and does not allow you to move above the ship for a better view... hope you understand what i mean by this... :S

Hey, is there a way to get the camera angle the same as the Russian ship when in 3rd person mode? with the Russian Ship the camera is above the ship allowing you to see everything, but with the American ships the camera is low and does not allow you to move above the ship for a better view... hope you understand what i mean by this... :S

8 on the numpad....

Passing by my home briefly :(

..... seeking feedback on MP performance.

I expect theres some bugs ..... but what?

Hi Gnat;

All my testing is on MP Dedi use CO. I have found the weapons work well on ships, both land Enemies and Air. I won't comment about Subs as you probably know all that already but I do use both in my missions.

Bugs: Island Isla Duala

1. BLUFOR (playerside) Ships piloted by AI with waypoints seem to move jerky, sometimes in a Nose Down position. This could be FPS if other also see it I could do further testing in empty missions.

2. OPFOR ships do not seem to display above for some reason do move jerky but very little (again could be FPS client runs 25-35) and follow waypoints well.

3. I do use your Subs in missions as well, do you think the Subs affect the Ships performance?

4. Helos attached using your recommended scripts seem to not show up in MP but do work fine in Editor.

These tests are using a modified Dom mission 2.28 and Mando Missile stuff, I have created several SIDEMISSIONS using the ships/subs, no waypoints and they always work just fine.

I really enjoy these ships, a absolute must for Islands with water.

Particularly in the forms of interior space and cargo?

No, unlikely. Those sorts of spaces are not all that useful for typical ArmAII game-play. Might be good eye-candy, but thats about it.

Excellent work and a lot of fun to play around with! Thankyou for your all your time and effort on these.

Last but not least *thank you* for actually including a useful "README" with creative commons licensing and your contact information in it! If everyone did such things squabbles over who had permission to use what and where would be more quickly resolved instead of turning into pages of arguments and accusations.

I tried using them in the editor. I had one russian and one us ship face off against each other.

They pretty much fired missles into the air away from each other. I guess it's because they kept throwing flares. When the flares stopped, I might see a random missle that went a mile or two to the side end up turning around and coming back to hit the ship.

My question is why don't they fire guns at each other? only missles. And i'm guessing you used flares due to Armas targetting structure. But can't you make them use smoke screens like real life? Something that blocks the heat signature and can allow ships to escape if need be.

It was hard to tell how well they took damage. It was hard to figure out how much smoke came from flares, and smoke from firing weapon, and smoke from impact of missles. But having them face off they both last less than a minute and both keep sinking at the same time. So unless they are outnumbered, you pretty much end up with 100% casualties (unless an actual person is in cantrol) so that's AI at least.

So maybe there is a way to sort of randomize damage or something. I think i read somewhere that AI pretty much target one single part of the ship, so there is no choice but to have them take on the same damage. Obviously in real life different parts of the ships will be hit, changing how they sink or not.

And the other thing, since you are pretty much the authority on ships around here. How does their damage compare to other shps? Like your subs or like sigma, or some of the new carriers coming out or even the LHD. I don't think the LHD is sinkable, but how about the addon LHD or Frigates or Destroyers? I think Mando has made those a little more useful allowing them to fire, but can they be taken down? Or a script you may have that will allow that?

Bu I love these ships. Everything about other ships I mentioned pretty much is out of your control. So just using your ships is fine for me but thought I'd ask.

been away 3 weeks ....

@victim

Suspect you placed them too close to each other. Have you tried the demo mission?

Its awesome to stand back and watch the 2 fleet pound each other. And the end result varies.

Yes, they fire guns.

"Smoke" ? You sure youre not talking about the tinsel ?

"target one single part of the ship" Thats the ArmA2 engine, not me.

Sink LHD? The LHD is NOT really a ship in ArmA2, hence can't be sunk.

Thanks for a great addon! I am using your scripting option to LASH UH-60D and it is great. However, I do have some weapon creates in the hanger area and vehicles how can I get them lashed down as well? Is that even possible?

I do use the following script this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 5], but as soon as I move the ship the item/s are left behind.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?