Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

cheers for the update. Just got OA in the post today so will download your mod tonight! :D

Hello guys great addon, but, I cannot get my trackir to work with YOMA, it does not recognize it in the control section either? any clues why or what I may need to do.

@terror, dunno mate i just deleted out my @aawwepat_t.pbo file and redownloaded it and it worked fine. Maybe if u have a file in there try deleting it and redownloading it.

@blackpulpit: try set up a mod short cut the manual way. If you are unsure how go to the termsOfUse_Credits.rtf in the mod folder and look under installation.

I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but anyway, why did you choose Yoma Addon Sync for the AAW mod?

Don't take this the wrong way, I mean what are the Pro's and Con's of Using yas?

Because we have done it to save on download sizes and such, especially for out beta testers who download more then a few variations of the addons as we squash bugs. As the mod gets larger as it is set to become the benefits will be more obvious.

If you go in to the mod folder you can see we have completley restructed the mod. EG for the f88s. If I needed to update just 1 textured all I would have to do is update aawWepRifle_t.pbo. With the old system you would have to redownload the entire thing.

And on that note

Updated to 005

-Weapon Config sound fix

-Alice packs now able to carry a weapon

Sounds ok, Better than the normal system, by the way,

i am having an error with the F89, there is no recoil for the weapon,

is this because one of the files did not fully download or does it need to be fixed?

Did you update to V005? working fine for me. Maybe if worse comes to worse try delete out aawwep_c.pbo and re sync off the server.

Finally got it to work! I just need to be a little more patience and read a bit more lol! Got to say that I'm enjoying it heaps. Now all I have to do is stay alive a little bit longer...

I got a bug, each time if I deploy the handgrip by "H" key, then I have to bend down(Same act like plant a satchel) and lose some ammo clips.

Downloaded 005 last night (very painless using Yoma once I realised I needed to use the Beta 2009 version and not the old version).

I'm very impressed with the attention to detail and the character and weapon models are excellent. I have a couple of questions:

1 - AAW units seem to sporadically call out "Check it out", even though I have "novoice" enabled in ACE, which silences any other units. Is this intended?

2 - I'm not aware of the ins and outs of the ADF, but what sights do they use for nighttime engagements? In AAW none of the sights are compatible with NV.

You guys have done a great job and it's great to be able to run around the Arma2 world as an Aussie. I really look forward to future updates (hint - Aussie voices possible?).

@Lao Fei Mao

Yep, what MS said.

We've changed the way that the scripts operate - so that if you are standing or kneeling you have to bend down to change the bipod or hand-grip position.

If you are lying down/prone the animation change doesn't occur so you can change bipod position for instance without kneeling.

This was done for a couple of reasons - firstly, in real life the change in position is not instantaneous, secondly the previous way we did the bipod change auto-reloaded the magazine. As this occurred instantaneously it really gave the user a huge time benefit in a firefight - just by spamming the H key the user was reloading.

You'll notice now that when you change the grip/bipod position you have the same number of rounds in the active mag that you had prior to changing the grip position - if you want to reload you have to do that as a separate action.

You'll also notice that although you lose your non-active "remaining" mags from your inventory after a second or 2 they are replaced, containing the same number of rounds they had when they disappeared.

@TPW - never noticed the voice thing with the AAW units - I'll keep an ear out for it.

TPW: AAW_OA isnt currently configured for ACE

Night time engagments are done using night aiming devices (IR laser). There is a night weapon sight but its usually mounted on the F89 though it can be mounted on the F88. Will look at it later on but at the moment I'm concentrating on vehicle stuff.

The Aussie voices would be good but I think it's a pretty large job to do it and its not really a priority given the scope of things we want to achieve. Never know though may look in to it and enlist XDF members at the next XDF BBQ.

If you want to see what we are working you can check out the AAW WIP thread or our official forums on ausarma.org

Edited by [XDF]Kanga

TPW: AAW_OA isnt currently configured for ACE

Night time engagments are done using night aiming devices (IR laser). There is a night weapon sight but its usually mounted on the F89 though it can be mounted on the F88. Will look at it later on but at the moment I'm concentrating on vehicle stuff.

The Aussie voices would be good but I think it's a pretty large job to do it and its not really a priority given the scope of things we want to achieve. Never know though may look in to it and enlist XDF members at the next XDF BBQ.

If you want to see what we are working you can check out the AAW WIP thread or our official forums on ausarma.org

Thanks for that Soldier_X.

Re the voices. I've been mulling over trying to make a DIY Arma voice editor. If I could find out what the actual complete list of unit dialogue is, then I could make an editor where the user selected each line, recorded their voice saying the line, and the program then automatically cropped and saved the relevant ogg sample. The associated configs and pbo stuff is beyond me though.

First I planned on sending a PM, but I can just as well toss this out to the entire AAW team since there might be several people that want to have a say:

Greetings!

I am working on a new version of INKO Disposable, and I was merely wondering if the AAW team has anything special they'd wish was done with the addon.

I have already made it more modular with a 'core'-PBO containing the scripts, and separate PBOs for ArmA2 and OA configs (since 1.3 needs CO and doesn't work with OA standalone), and moved the Russian language for the RPG-18 into a separate PBO.

On top of that I plan to include a more proper editor's readme for creating disposable launchers, even though I guess your team already has figured it out.

There are no major functionality-changes yet though (partially since I still haven't figured out how to make the RPG-18 and M136 stop bouncing). Just some work on displayNames.

I am also pondering to add in another optional PBO or two for improved ballistics and stuff, so that the weapons actually shoot more like they should.

If there's anything the AAW team wishes for, no matter how small, please let me know one way or another!

PS. You shouldn't need to worry (much) about the requiredAddons-entries. The OA-PBO is still called inko_disposable_oa. However the new A2-specific PBO is called inko_disposable_a2. Just wanted to give a headsup for future releases. :)

Edited by Inkompetent

Ok,Norrin, I got it. But the ammo clips lost after I deployed the handgrip, that's annoyed.

IMHO, even in real practise, I don't have to bend down when I get my rifle handgrip down. It's like gilding the lily.

Ok,Norrin, I got it. But the ammo clips lost after I deployed the handgrip, that's annoyed.

IMHO, even in real practise, I don't have to bend down when I get my rifle handgrip down. It's like gilding the lily.

Sorry I'm a bit confused Lao are you saying that the magazines don't re-appear in your inventory?

Unfortunately, there are certain constraints within the game engine that I don't know how to get around - the reason why the unit bends down is because it is performing the drop magazine - drop weapon actions.

These are linked to the bending down animation - this was the only way I could come up with that ensured that the unit (when it changed grip/bipod positions) would have the correct no of rounds in the magazine - its also the reason why the inventoried magazines disappear for a second or 2 (but as I said they should reappear - unless you are encountering a bug of some sort). So please understand I'm not intentionally "lily gilding".

The ASC weapons addon are getting around the problem by forcing the unit to do the reload animation when you change attachments and hence that's why there's always a full mag when you change the weapons characteristics.

Anyway, I thought that it would be better and more realistic to put up with the bend down animation and have the same number of rounds you started with than to be able to spam the H key to reload instantaneously (without an animation).

Ultimately, I don't care which way we go - units can either bend down when changing grip positions or play the change mags anim - if enough people feel strongly about this I'm happy to change it or if you know of a better way to get around this limitation please let me know.

Edited by norrin

Yeah,yeah, the game engine lack the animation of depoly a handgrip or bipod. Really bad. For me, I prefer your the instantaneous depoly, but give it a deploy sound....

Anyway, appreciate your hard work for this high quality MOD.