Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

Not at this stage, still a few things to be done.

maybe i'm missing something , but how do i change the uniform? running CO , but can't seem to find out how to do it in CO.

go to a ammo crate and you will get the option to change appearance

If you want further info on how to control them look at the _infantryFunctions.rtf in the mod folder

Do you mean the Bushmaster's ACR rifles? That would be great.

durp..

EDIT: Extending this so it doesn't sound trollsworthy; as Australia does not use the ACR, and this is an Australian Forces mod, it wouldn't make any sense to be there.

Hey fellas, I'm working on making the Bi-pods on the ONS LMGs fold able. I know you guys have this feature in your mod. Any tips?

send a PM to norrin Ohally he will be able to point you in the right direction.

Do you mean the Bushmaster's ACR rifles? That would be great.

The Bushmaster ACR Rifle is already released by RobertHammer, i just can't remember in which of his execellent packages it's in...! :yay:

Also the Masada Magpul is there...!

Feels like i've come out of retirement as a ghost to post this!

Anyways, firstly gentlemen, thank you for your wonderful work with the AAW units and weapons. You've given this old bloke some fantastic shared moments playing coop missions with these great addons and we all are keenly looking forward to the inclusion of the vehicles in some future release. Take your time, theres no rush for release. We respect the work that goes into even the most basic of addons, let alone a mod of such quality and standards as AAW.

The second reason for my post - Would there be any way you'd find the time to possibly include a Bushmaster with Dutch markings? An example here.

Have been doing a load of combined Dutch/Australian ops with a mix of Aussie/Dutch players and the addition of a resold Bushmaster would make these missions feel a little more 'complete' as it were.

There is some further info on the Bushmaster in Dutch service here, though you are no doubt well aware of this vehicles success in international sales.

Hi para

Unfortunatly no we wont be making any other countries variations of weapon or vehicle that the ADF uses. After I made the NZDF variations of the F88 people started hitting me up asking for C9 minimis and NZ infantry. I decided after that point I wont be making any other countries variations of equipment as I just don't have the time and if I do one country people expect me to do others.

Also it wouldnt be just a simple variation of markings. The dutch bushmaster is significatly more up armoured. Compare how far the window frames stick out of the 2 and you can see the differences.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Dutch_Bushmaster_with_remote_turret_2008.jpg/800px-Dutch_Bushmaster_with_remote_turret_2008.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3608/3356281760_a73528aa08.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the mod as we do appreciate it and very glad you have enjoyed playing it.

-sX

Hi guys, where can I go for updates on the progress of additions to this mod? I don't want to bug you guys with questions - "Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet??" like the donkey character in Shrek.

I decided after that point I wont be making any other countries variations of equipment as I just don't have the time and if I do one country people expect me to do others.

-sX

I hear you 100%. Same thing happened when I used to make islands. You make one, you get asked to make 30 others! Appreciate your focus, thats what brings the quality and you fellas ooze that stuff.

Hi guys, where can I go for updates on the progress of additions to this mod? I don't want to bug you guys with questions - "Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet??" like the donkey character in Shrek.

Hey mate, we usually post our updates here and also at our 'home' forums hosted over at www.ausarma.org.

Our updates arn't as frequent as some others might be, but don't worry were still working hard on our projects.

The Aussie voices would be good but I think it's a pretty large job to do it and its not really a priority given the scope of things we want to achieve. Never know though may look in to it and enlist XDF members at the next XDF BBQ.

Should you end up putting together a voice pack, I'd be happy to contibute, as I'm sure would other HC members (what's left of us these days, anyways!).

Hey mate, we usually post our updates here and also at our 'home' forums hosted over at www.ausarma.org.

Our updates arn't as frequent as some others might be, but don't worry were still working hard on our projects.

Thanks mate.

I'm looking forward to the updates as they come out. I'm still learning the basics of ARMA CO especially things like commanding a tank and a section. Man, it's hard work commanding a section, you tell the machine gunner to go to a specific point only to realise that it's literally in the enemy's hands. :o

In the meantime, the BAF DLC voices could be a substitute. Some of the voices in there sounded like they were done by Aussies.

In the meantime, the BAF DLC voices could be a substitute. Some of the voices in there sounded like they were done by Aussies.

Ahh... The untrained ear :p

So just how hard would it be to make a replacement voice pack? Is there a list of the required lines? If I came up with the various ogg files how hard is it to write the various configs and make a pbo out of it. Just for a laugh I'd love to record my own voice and use it in place of the pommy ones.

Sorry if this is getting perhaps a little off topic/going in a direction other than intended! One video example of Aussie troops in action, which I think clearly indicates our 'broad accent' is really quite different from UK accents: here.

The accents are quite different but I think he was basing that idea on the connection Aus. had/has with the UK. Even today you still get people from the UK moving to Australia and it's certainly not uncommon to spot Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders and even South Africans (read Sniper One) in the UK forces. I actually just finished reading an account of a Canadian RAF Pilot about his time in Afghanistan. I guess it's the same vice versa.

Nevertheless it's not a huge deal. The addons are great either way.

Edited by Snafu
Added sentence

I have a little issue when using the mod together with ACE 2, it has something to do with Inko's disposable launcher script; whenever I fire a one-shot launcher, the character drops two empty tubes, one of them might start bouncing around the map like crazy. It seems one is dropped by Inko's system and the other by ACE's own disposable system.

I remember there was an ACE config for previous releases (for A2), is there a possibility of a compatibility config for the OA version?