Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Do better researchs first before you say all guns have 5 secs. thats bullshit.

He never said that.

Marksman deployed and lmg deployed have 5 secs.

Sniper rifle 8 secs

Assault rifles 1.5 secs

LMGs have 8~10 when deployed for the first time IIRC.

Assault Rifles = top accuracy at 5 seconds IIRC.

You got the sniper part right.

And the "deviation" was added because there was no such thing as weapon sway (accurately descripting the deviation, at least - ie. your weapon could sway left but you actually fire to the right...). Since ARMA 2 has real sway... :)

I posted before that deviation(slight)added in with a reduction of weapon sway would feel sweet.When the sway is gone the deviation is zilch.Reason for this is that the extreme erratic sway when running for a long time just throws me and pulls me out of the game instead chasing the cursor.

One thing that I do not see mentioned here is that sway does go away.Prone/fully rested has no sway and aiming on to a target is not instantaneous as it is when in this situation....of course I could be wrong since my A2 has not been reinstalled yet.

About some features in general.

Differences between ArmA engine and Bf2 are huge. Main reason why PR going to ArmA is the possibilities that engine is giving so some features what Bf2 don’t have. For example deviation is made in Bf2 to simulate ballistic and make more realistic shooting as only possible solution because of engine limitation.

In ArmA we have real ballistic system combined with stamina creating completely different environment so there is no need for deviation.

For better aiming without huge sway you have to think how you are moving. In Bf2 you have sprint fast walk and walk stamina is measured with meter and it is dropped and recharge and it is effecting only on movement.

ArmA have more way of movement than Bf2 and it is also affecting completely different on player.

So we have sprint run and walk in stand position and also in crunch position it is 3 basic movements multiplied with 2 different positions is 6 and you losing your stamina differently.

Now we coming on different affecting than it is in Bf2. In Bf2 you are running as much you have stamina after you expend it you have to wait to recharge and run again.

In ArmA it is work completely different you don’t have meter but you could hear your breading and use it as meter. Stamina here effecting on aiming that’s the reason of sway and as much stamina you lose more time to recovery and reduce sway. To reducing this effect you have to take care how you are combining your movement. You don’t loos stamina when you walking in stand position so when you are in travel run in stand position and from time to time to recover start walking.

In this way you will reduce sway majorly and be ready to engage enemy soon after contact otherwise if you want come fast on some location you could ignore this movement advice but in that case be ware you have to recover your stamina before engage enemy if you want to be more efficient.

Remember in crunch position you loosing more stamina than in stand position.

Edited by wormeaten

Remember in crunch position you loosing more stamina than in stand position.

But if you are prone and holding still, it's like you're lying down ;)

Some time ago i saw a screenshot which revealed that PR uses a own Options>Controls layout.

Actually i'm researching on how to make this work for my own addon. Would you care to participate on a knowledge Base covering this aspect in the Editing section?

Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110642

Thank you for your cooperation.

At present its still WIP, however once we have it at a final version we can assist as required sure.

I am currently putting together a PR Update, which I hope to have out in the next week or so ..... things are going very slowly at the moment however ... but at least they are moving in the right direction.

Congrats on winning at MODDB! :D

Because they are the only arma 2 mod that you can vote for? I hardly consider that a win.

I know I'm looking forward to some PR PvP, I seen the 'Beta' server listed and gazed with envious eyes.....Can't wait for first release Force.

Because they are the only arma 2 mod that you can vote for? I hardly consider that a win.

Not quite, PR: ArmA2 made it into the top 100 of all the entries for "unreleased mods", over all the Mod's on all platforms within the gaming world.

Phase 2 voting starts soon, more to follow in the update for December

Lots of hate towards the PR team, i assume its from the arrogance present from some of the team, and that probably stems from the hate dished towards them. LOL - i dont care, I just want to see how the mod is - and from what ive witnessed it should be good, and i was quite impressed with what they managed to do with BF2:PR.

Slow progress is fine if its in the right direction, but id love to know what that direction currently is.

An Update is overdue indeed, and our initial release date is way over schedule.

However the reason for this, is quite simply because, what the team have started to create has far exceeded what my aim was for v0.1.

All of this is very good, and well worth waiting for what will be a great "PR Core", and something to take forward with more frequent updates from the team.

Don't get me wrong, I am itching to get this released myself, but I need to hold back until the time is right and things are doing what they should do.

I can't wait for Christmas and all that free time to play video games, all these gifts and good times with clanmates and...

Oh wait im on the PR's thread !

;)

UK_Force;1803971']An Update is overdue indeed' date=' and our initial release date is way over schedule.

However the reason for this, is quite simply because, what the team have started to create has far exceeded what my aim was for v0.1.

All of this is very good, and well worth waiting for what will be a great "PR Core", and something to take forward with more frequent updates from the team.

Don't get me wrong, I am itching to get this released myself, but I need to hold back until the time is right and things are doing what they should do.

.[/quote']

See, when people are waiting it's things like this that ease the burden of time. That wasn't direct info, but it's something- tidbits are even better. Cheers

UkForce,there are some awesome updates to the feel and CQB aspect of A2 with the truemods and the shacktac movement mod.Any chance some of these changes will be implemented?

UkForce,there are some awesome updates to the feel and CQB aspect of A2 with the truemods and the shacktac movement mod.Any chance some of these changes will be implemented?

Bumpo anyone know? I hope it is because they change the game for the better.

Why are you bothering these guys with the same question every day?

If you like the ShackTac Movement addon and the Truemods addon use them. :confused:

Why are you bothering these guys with the same question every day?

If you like the ShackTac Movement addon and the Truemods addon use them. :confused:

Because PR is about online PvP, and you cannot play online as well if everyone has conflicting mods? So it would be better to have 1 mod that had it all in?

Obviously, Its up the PR devs as its their mod. Not ours. We just get to play it as well. :)

Edited by Ben_S

ARMA 2 is simply a material for the skillful hands and clever heads. for a good game you need to properly collect PvP mission. the only hope for PR

Obviously, Its up the PR devs as its their mod. Not ours. We just get to play it as well. :)

They are not Gods and they are not perfect. We make suggestions as we are potential players.

In the end it is up to them, but people should be allowed to make suggestions.

The thing is that we already thrust the RDEV team because they have been releasing increasingly innovative and exiting updates for 5 years on the same old engine (Bf2) And with Arma's engine our expectations are sky high. thats probably why they are pushing the release so far.

The sidestep animation will go for sure. As for the weapon collision it is something that will have to be looked into a bit further. Current ShackTac implementation is not really ideal.