Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Ahm, can please post the whole class loop2 code, from beginning to the end, i somehow get critical errors/crashes when i copy and paste the lines above.

Install the FSMEditor from the BIS tools package and open RespawnGroups.fsm from the dev folder with it and use that one.

Not the best idea to fiddle around with a text editor in FSMs if you don't know what you are doing.

And immediately FSMs will make much more sense in a WYSIWYG editor ;)

BIS tools: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/Tools/BI_Editing_Tools_2_5_1.zip

The FSMs in the mission pbo files are "compiled" with editor information removed to reduce the size, that's why you can only open them in a text editor.

Xeno

And immediately FSMs will make much more sense in a WYSIWYG editor ;)

Xeno

lol, a whole new world appears ;)

thx for the tip, got it working now.

So after several test in Mp on our R3F_server we have create a random to set the ground reinforcement.

In fsms/RespawnGroups.fsm

In addition to this post, the entire class Loop2 from line 83.

class Loop2
   {
     name = "Loop2";
     init = "private [""_onegrpar"", ""_grp"",""_tempo""];" \n
      "_onegrpar = d_respawn_ai_groups select _counter;" \n
      "_timenow = time + 3.11;" \n
      "if (typeName _onegrpar == ""ARRAY"") then {" \n
      "	_grp = _onegrpar select 0;" \n
      "	if ((isNull _grp || (_grp call d_fnc_GetAliveUnitsGrp) == 0) && (time > (_grp getVariable ""X_CREATED""))) then {" \n
      "		_mg_array = _onegrpar select 1;" \n
      "		_resp_mid = _mg_array select 10;" \n
      "		_rpos = [_resp_mid select 0, 600, 400, _resp_mid select 1] call d_fnc_GetRanPointSquare;" \n
      "		_mg_array set [1, [_rpos]];" \n
      "		d_respawn_ai_groups set [_counter, -1];" \n
      "		_mg_array spawn d_fnc_makegroup;" \n
      "		if ((count playableUnits) < 13) then {" \n
  "			_tempo = 1500;" \n
  "		} else {" \n
  "			_tempo = 900;" \n
  "		};" \n
      "" \n
      "		_timenow = time + (_tempo + (random _tempo));" \n
      "	};" \n
      "} else {" \n
      "	d_respawn_ai_groups set [_counter, -1];" \n
      "};" \n
      "" \n
      "_counter = _counter + 1;";
     precondition = "";
     class Links
     {
       class ___counter____count
       {
         priority = 1.000000;
         to="_";
         precondition = "";
         condition="(_counter == count d_respawn_ai_groups) || (X_JIPH getVariable ""d_mt_radio_down"")";
         action="";
       };
       class Delay
       {
         priority = 0.000000;
         to="Loop2";
         precondition = "";
         condition="time > _timenow";
         action="";
       };
     };
   };

I am really dissection MR. XENO DOMINATION mission trying to teach my self how things really work in the wondrful world of scripting:bounce3: Is there supposed to be multiple side mission markers with the same name or copies on the map for example d_sm_31_1, d_sm_31_2, d_sm_31_3 ect all around the same location on the map. Thanks AVIBIRD

Best report crashes asap to the CIT: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

Also recommended to try with the latest v1.60betas; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Basically a mission/addon should never cause unexpected gamecrash, even if the mission/addon later is fixed to workaround the issue,

the underlying issue in the engine really should be solved, so that it cannot occur elsewhere etc.

Quick question..is their a way to only have one squad availible to use for players...where they have to pick from that squad (8 open slots) instead of from 40 open slots? Thanks..think I am slowly getting the hang of this..lol

JC

Hello, It is not many times that I can help with a scripting question:bounce3: but that is easy to do mate. Just go into the editor and make the units or other squads not playable it is simple as that. You can have all the units in the same squad or just the team leaders. You can set it up anyway you want:yay: Take care Avibird

Hello, It is not many times that I can help with a scripting question:bounce3: but that is easy to do mate. Just go into the editor and make the units or other squads not playable it is simple as that. You can have all the units in the same squad or just the team leaders. You can set it up anyway you want:yay: Take care Avibird

Thanks for the reply..I know how to delete items in the editor but how do I make them non-playable if their on the map already..I see how to add new groups and move stuff by left clicking on them til their green holding left mouse and hit delete but how do I bring that squad up in the ditor I want to make unplayable? Also you probably know the answer to this question too..is their a way to rotate objects Ive already placed on the map? I find myself setting them and then deleting them then rotate a little bit to get them where I want them then putting them in again..thought their was a way to rotate them..anyway..Thanks for the reply..much appreciated!

JC

doubleclick on the unit and where it says control -> select non playable.

You might get some errormessages in your rpt, because dom is made for 30 players (playable units), so you need to adjust the description.ext. After that you can just delete the unnecessary units. Be advised, some slots have special roles which needs to be adjusted too (arty op for instance).

you can rotate objects either by double clicking on them (new window appears) and set the azimut (right side of the window, some sort of compass) or by single click on the unit/object + hold down shift + rotate with your mouse

Thanks for the clarification Noricum..much appreciated.

JC

I am really dissection MR. XENO DOMINATION mission trying to teach my self how things really work in the wondrful world of scripting:bounce3: Is there supposed to be multiple side mission markers with the same name or copies on the map for example d_sm_31_1, d_sm_31_2, d_sm_31_3 ect all around the same location on the map. Thanks AVIBIRD

Does anyone know the correct answer or better yet the reason for multiple markers with the same name for side missions.:confused:

It's normal. I switched them to markers for my own versions awhile back but I guess Xeno had the same idea. Many side missions have multiple position requirements for a variety of reasons. Vehicle spawns, flags, etc.

Im having little trouble with markers. I added MV22 Osprey but cant get marker to show up in game.

i_client.sqf

#else

switch (true) do {

case (__ACEVer || __OAVer): {

GVAR(choppers) = [

["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","CH-47F","CH-47F Chinook"], ["HR2",2,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","UH-60M","UH-60M Blackhawk"],

["HR3",2,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","UH-1Y","UH-1Y Venom"], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","UH-60M Wreck Chopper","UH-60M Blackhawk Wreck Lift"],

["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","MH-6J","MH-6J Littlebird"], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","MH-6J","MH-6J Littlebird"],

["HR7",2,"chopper7",307,"n_air","ColorWhite","MV-22","MV-22 Osprey"]

];

};

case (__COVer): {

GVAR(choppers) = [

["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HR2",0,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2","Lift Two"],

["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"]

];

};

};

#endif

d_init.sqf

#ifndef __TT__

if (!__ACEVer) then {

// editor varname, unique number, true = respawn only when the chopper is completely destroyed, false = respawn after some time when no crew is in or chopper is destroyed

switch (true) do {

case (__COVer): {

[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"

};

case (__OAVer): {

[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,true],[ch4,304,true],[ch5,305,true],[ch6,306,true],[ch7,307,true]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"

};

};

Osprey is kinda a plane maybe i need to edit some lines in another file.

Finally got the hang of editing what I wanted in Domination...one problem 2 days ago I had to re-install my ARMA2/OA/BAF/PMC..(an issue with six-updater) got that all squared away and working..back to editing..I can no longer unpbo or repbo after my re-install..the pbo files look like small webpages instead of how they used to look and said PBO in larger letters on them..unfortunately I removed everything that had anything to do with arma before I re-installed...but did save copies of the 2 Domination maps I had started editing..I tried eliteness and cpbo as well and neither will work correctly..they make the pbo but it doesnt show up in MP or even look correct...hard to explain..but if anyone has any ideas that would be great..Thanks.

JC

Well just for the hell of it I took the cpbo tool and the dll and the edited mission folder and transfered it to my laptop(win7) from my game machine(winXP) and ran it...it works fine on the laptop but not the game machine....odd...xp isnt recognizing something apparently...I hadnt updated xp for quite awhile and finally did all the updates in the last 2 days so maybe its an xp issue..anyone heard of this at all? Thanks.

Edited by Diesel Tech JC

Any idea how can i make already added vehicles in editor when they got destroyed to show up on the map as wrecked vehicle, then you will be able to pick it up with wreck chopper ? I know i can add them in sm & mt bonus array but i dont want to cuz i already have them placed on map. Ive been searching on this topic for 2 days and other sites and still nothing, well someone already posted that kinda problem here and i dont think that was given right answer.

I recently upgraded the mission on my server to Domination 2.60r. While playing on the server by myself I wanted to build a FARP to repair a tank I was driving. I was unable to because it said "You need to be near a Salvage Truck to build a FARP" Is there a way I can change that without having to be near a Salvage Truck? I know in older versions of Domination anyone could build a FARP when running the AI versions. I have tried messing with the code in x_farp.sqf but can't get the FARP built.

I recently upgraded the mission on my server to Domination 2.60r. While playing on the server by myself I wanted to build a FARP to repair a tank I was driving. I was unable to because it said "You need to be near a Salvage Truck to build a FARP" Is there a way I can change that without having to be near a Salvage Truck? I know in older versions of Domination anyone could build a FARP when running the AI versions. I have tried messing with the code in x_farp.sqf but can't get the FARP built.

In x_farp.sqf

change

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["Truck", 20];

_notruck = true;

to this

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["Truck", 20];

notruck = true;

Any idea how can i make already added vehicles in editor when they got destroyed to show up on the map as wrecked vehicle, then you will be able to pick it up with wreck chopper ? I know i can add them in sm & mt bonus array but i dont want to cuz i already have them placed on map. Ive been searching on this topic for 2 days and other sites and still nothing, well someone already posted that kinda problem here and i dont think that was given right answer.

simply add null = this execFSM "fsms\Wreckmarker.fsm"; in the vehicle init

It shows on the map when it gets destroyed but i wasnt able to lift it.

*EDIT*: Fixed

Edited by matosinec

How can enable saving in Domnation? I run it as private game using LAN to play Dom in "singleplayer", but I cant save the game with makes it pretty much pointless. I CAN save in other missions I run as LAN games. This means that Xeno may have disabled this, the question is how to reanable save function

Please do NOT dismiss me with "it was disabled for a reason" BS. I want to try it out myself even if it meas breaking whole mission. And I dont want to set up permanent server either.

enablesaving in init.sqf.

Have fun. I believe loading a save pretty much breaks every running script and Domination has plenty of those.

enablesaving in init.sqf.

Have fun. I believe loading a save pretty much breaks every running script and Domination has plenty of those.

It is very simple to get it to save with all script functions to work right in Sp however when trying to save as MP some things get messed up but still playable. The load time is a bitch after a few saves. I have a edit with almost 300 playable units and team switch function:) The mission plays out great only getting around low 20 FPS but it works for me.

i made a base at outside of map, but Teleport flag doesn't work. what should i do?

and i want to make a two teleport flag, at base, at fob.

i need some help x_x

Edited by MacmillanINC

i made a base at ou

tside of map, but Teleport flag doesn't work. what should i do?

and i want to make a two teleport flag, at base, at fob.

i need some help x_x

Hey in my edit I have multiple FOB around the map just copy the teleport file from the teleport folder change the name of the flag that you want to use within the code and the file name to match. Place a flag at the FOB and the add the same name to it then you need to add the name to the to other flagpole at the airport so you can use it. Then you need to place the new file back into the teleport folder and you are done:)