Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Latest ver is all done by markers so you will only have to change a few other things. I have never ported Domi before so have a look at this post.

well that topic no longer applies to the new version of domination where it is as you said all done by markers! but I am not sure what still has to be changed! its fairly easy to miss one set of coordinates!

well that topic no longer applies to the new version of domination where it is as you said all done by markers! but I am not sure what still has to be changed! its fairly easy to miss one set of coordinates!

You can still use normal positions (like the ArmA 2 2.60 versions still do). In the end it doesn't matter if you use markers (markerpos) or normal position arrays.

Like some other changes in 2.60 those are preparations for something else...

Xeno

something being JAVA and take on helicopters? anyways this error pops up in the editor when I get into the driver's seat of a land vehicle:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _crewctrlFile C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Belgarion\missions\co@30_Domination_2_60za_ACE.isladuala\x_client\x_vec_hud.sqf, line 59
Error in expression <trl 9999;
if (!visibleMap && !ctrlShown _crewctrl) then {
if (!_ison) then {
673>
 Error position: <_crewctrl) then {
if (!_ison) then {
673>

thats because its not hosted on a dedi box right?

Edited by BelgarionNL

VectorDir is an array, so you can't just multiply it by -1 to turn it around.

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

I know how I'm going to do this though. :)

I'm going to create an invisible helipad atthe same location and direction as the mhq, then spin the helipad 180 degrees, then use that to get the vector and dir for the camo net.

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

XXAxJl.jpg

_spunmarker = createVehicle ["HeliHEmpty", position _mhq, [], 0, "NONE"];
_spunmarker setDir ((direction _mhq) -180);
_camo = createVehicle [_camotype, position _mhq, [], 0, "NONE"];
_camo setPos position _mhq;
_camo setVectorDirAndUp [(vectorDir _spunmarker),(vectorUp _mhq)];

Yey! :D

you can multiply each term of the vector by -1 ;)

Error Undefined variable in expression: _crewctrlFile C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Belgarion\missions\co@30_Domination_2_60za_ACE.isladuala\x_client\x_vec_hud.sqf, line 59
Error in expression <trl 9999;
if (!visibleMap && !ctrlShown _crewctrl) then {
if (!_ison) then {
673>
 Error position: <_crewctrl) then {
if (!_ison) then {
673>

this happens also with the vanilla ace OA version on takistan! so not a problem?

No, that's a bug, isnil check missing. Fixed, 2.60zc uploaded (final 2.60 version).

Xeno

No, that's a bug, isnil check missing. Fixed, 2.60zc uploaded (final 2.60 version).

Xeno

where can I download domi 2.60zc ???

Hello

Think you need to Derapify the mission.sqm

I use EliteNess v2.90 and in the options ,,When extracting a pbo Derapify content check box

Thanks mousetrap, that worked!

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

OK there is something else I used to be able to do in ArmA 1 Domination that I can't figure out how to do in Domination 2.60: modifying the on call artillery. How do I increase/decrease the number of rounds fired per salvo, increase/decrease the accuracy, increase/decrease the time interval between salvos?

Thanks again.

Is the time it takes to repopulate the RED ZONE broken? when we shoot a tank it sometimes respawn back right away in the red zone!!

where can I find the respawn timer for the enemy forces in the red zone so I can tweak it myself?

Sometimes I found these lines in rpt server

Network simulation, time = 21219.395

Network simulation, time = 21219.420

etc...

and another thing after being deconected and reconnected I was on boot hill, even if I change slot ....strange.

I'am using 2.60 z east CO, I44 addon without wound effects module

Edited by Titi

hi, I just added AH64D USA to xeno domination mission and started ranked game but anyone can enter apache at any rank. Only wreck chopper needs captain rank to fly. Does anyone know what I`m missing ? thx in advance, pawel

Is the time it takes to repopulate the RED ZONE broken? when we shoot a tank it sometimes respawn back right away in the red zone!!

where can I find the respawn timer for the enemy forces in the red zone so I can tweak it myself?

As i told you by Mp I post here what we have set on the new Dom for patch 1.6 where what we spoke about a few weeks ago have been added.

Has you know we find that reinforcement are to "heavy".

so even after the Dom's team has implemented the dom the timer is to short.

Here is our setting that seems allright for us : the good timing seems to be between 900 et 1500sec instead of {25 + random 10}; {15 + random 10 }

dom_west.chernarus\fsms\RespawnGroups.fsm

"	_pluc = count playableUnits;" \n
"	_addtime = switch (true) do {" \n
"		case (_pluc < 10): {1500};" \n
"		case (_pluc < 20): {900};" \n
"		default {600};" \n
"	};" \n
"" \n
"	_timenow = time + (_addtime + (random (_addtime/2)));" \n

in

class Loop2
   {
     name = "Loop2";
     init = "private [""_onegrpar"", ""_grp"", ""_dowaitfg""];" \n
      "_onegrpar = d_respawn_ai_groups select _counter;" \n
      "_dowaitfg = false;" \n
      "if (typeName _onegrpar == ""ARRAY"") then {" \n
      "	_grp = _onegrpar select 0;" \n
      "	if ((isNull _grp || (_grp call d_fnc_GetAliveUnitsGrp) == 0) && ((_grp getVariable ""d_gstate"") == 1)) then {" \n
      "		_mg_array = _onegrpar select 1;" \n
      "		_resp_mid = _mg_array select 10;" \n
      "		_rpos = [_resp_mid select 0, 600, 400, _resp_mid select 1] call d_fnc_GetRanPointSquare;" \n
      "		_mg_array set [1, [_rpos]];" \n
      "		d_respawn_ai_groups set [_counter, -1];" \n
      "		_mg_array spawn d_fnc_makegroup;" \n
      "		_dowaitfg = true;" \n
      "	};" \n
      "} else {" \n
      "	d_respawn_ai_groups set [_counter, -1];" \n
      "};" \n
      "" \n
      "_counter = _counter + 1;" \n
      "" \n
      "if (_dowaitfg) then {" \n
      "	private [""_pluc"", ""_addtime""];" \n
      "	_pluc = count playableUnits;" \n
      "	_addtime = switch (true) do {" \n
      "		case (_pluc < 10): {1500};" \n
      "		case (_pluc < 20): {900};" \n
      "		default {600};" \n
      "	};" \n
      "" \n
      "	_timenow = time + (_addtime + (random (_addtime/2)));" \n
      "} else {" \n
      "	_timenow = time + 1;" \n
      "};" \n
      "";
     precondition = "";
     class Links
     {
       class ___counter____count
       {
         priority = 1.000000;
         to="_";
         precondition = "";
         condition="(_counter == count d_respawn_ai_groups) || (X_JIPH getVariable ""d_mt_radio_down"")";
         action="";
       };
       class Delay
       {
         priority = 0.000000;
         to="Loop2";
         precondition = "";
         condition="time > _timenow";
         action="";
       };
     };
   };

Edited by killjoer3f

Hi, Can Someone help me with editing xeno domination mission ?

1. On the mission creation u can choose: delete vehicle wreck after / but when I choose never and heli no.1 or no.2 is destroyed it respawns afetr 20-30 sec.

2. I`ve added 4 more helis to xeno domination mission west 2.60u and was able to make markers for them (so it can be visible on map as white square with no.) ,someone has told me how to how to mark wrecks on map but when my heli is destroyed and once repaired, heli marker (white square with no.) on map is no visible anymore.

3. Is there any chance to mark deserted vehicle like wrecks on map ?

thx in advance

pawel

Dorph;2108036']Can some1 tell me where i find the intro-music in doomi.

In x_client\x_intro.sqf

#ifdef __CO__

playMusic "Track07_Last_Men_Standing";

#endif

#ifdef __OA__

playMusic "EP1_Track01D";

#endif

If you are going to use a different intro-music then remember to add it into the Description.ext :).

Some people asked for multilanguage support (for some time now).

Well, after writing a little tool which extracts 99% of the mission strings and converts them automatically to a Stringtable.xml file (and replaces the strings inside the mission script and config files with the correct localization commands) the final Stringtable.xml file is available here:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28475#note-10

1424 strings need translation. So if anybody is willing to help to translate them, please feel free to participate :)

I know, quite a lot of strings...

Xeno

So, this could be the only game in history that supports "gammalnorsk" (old/ancient norwegian) maybe? :D. How will user preference be maintained? I mean, I'm a norwegian but I'll take english any day no matter where the game server is hosted.

Btw, is there any reason behind fast time being active by default? It makes weather non existent and thus unplayable for me, except on our own server.

Lastly, and I haven't tried myself lately; is it again possible to set server preference on the mission options without repackaging? At some point this stopped working because of certain characters used or something.

Brigada_Spanish already translated all 1424 strings into spanish, really great job in such a short time.

How will user preference be maintained?

There's no command to change the current locale. But, if there is no norwegian translation then the fallback is the Latin or Esperanto translation.

Btw, is there any reason behind fast time being active by default? It makes weather non existent and thus unplayable for me, except on our own server.

?

Lastly, and I haven't tried myself lately; is it again possible to set server preference on the mission options without repackaging? At some point this stopped working because of certain characters used or something.

?

Xeno

Brigada_Spanish already translated all 1424 strings into spanish, really great job in such a short time.

There's no command to change the current locale. But, if there is no norwegian translation then the fallback is the Latin or Esperanto translation.

?

?

Xeno

I think he means setting the mission parameters in the server.cfg :).