Sign in to follow this  
ZuluXray

O.t.w andy release m249!

U.S.A Soldier & M249 MG

New unofficer addon : U.S. M249 machine gunner

Now released ! It's made by new p3d model.

weapon name: M249

magazine name: M249mag

unit name: M249soldier (M249 MG soldier)

Free Download NOW! smile.gif

OFP Taiwan Workshop

Nice! As in new you mean Oxygen new?

I dont understand much of the page so I cant tell biggrin.gif

"¤w¸g¸ËąLTW2002 1.1ˇB1.2Ş©ŞşŞB¤ÃˇA­Y·QĹéĹç1.3Ş©Şş·słć¦ěˇAËĦܤU¸ü°ĎˇuľÔ§Äˇv¤@­¶ˇA¤U¸ü1.3Ş©ŞşľÔ§Äˇ]Addon¤w¤ş§tˇ^ˇA¦]¬°Addon©R¦WÅ‚W«h¦łĹܰʡA·sAddon¬O¤Å¬Ű®e©óÂÂŞ©ľÔ§ÄŞş"

Lets see... Something... Something... Addon... Something...

Sorry, just being sarcastic biggrin.gif

I klicked no for getting the language.

Ok i downloaded the full pack with campaign roc + pla, excellent work my friend Thumbsup!

I cant read Taiwanese but i can sort myself out on the site smile.gif

Nice work, don't know how it will behave in-game, though.

Regarding that page: why not consider to deliever a multi-language version? By seeing so much potential its a shame many people are getting scared away cuz there is no english version of it.

Keep up that good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ April 26 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice work, don't know how it will behave in-game, though.

Regarding that page: why not consider to deliever a multi-language version? By seeing so much potential its a shame many people are getting scared away cuz there is no english version of it.

Keep up that good work!<span id='postcolor'>

You could translate it for them confused.gif

Seriously though, do you know how much work that is, even just keeping it up and live in Taiwanese, never mind English??

Nice addon. Good sounds and modeling, but there is something seriously wrong with the muzzle texturing. I took a screenshot for you: (this is not a joke)

muzzle.jpg

muzzle flash bug can ruin a good addon for me sad.gif don't ask i guess i like things to be nice and pretty

So I have to de-PBO the file, find that bin file and edit all that code ?

Ahhh screw it, I'll just wait till someone comes out with a non-boggy M249.

Me so lazeh biggrin.gif

Just downloaded and tried it. Everything is changed except for the model. It's still an m60.

I downloaded the full campaign-pack too.

It really rocks and the models and weapons and the weapon sounds are just great!

(Btw. you can stop that muzzle-flash thingie by deactivating HW T&L, didn´t even do anything to the framerate at my pc..)

@ ZuluXray:

Are you maybe one of the developers of this campaign?

Because I have a problem: I can´t play any further than mission Z002 of the campaign because there´s an addon missing in the "full pack" I downloaded, it´s "rocOicw".So, if you are part of that campaign-team and not just reported the news here could you please tell me where and how to get it or E-mail it to me? Because I don´t understand a word of that campaign-homepage biggrin.gif

My E-mail address is: wolf-kaiser@gmx.de

Keep up the good work, if you did those weapons without Oxygen you should ask BIS if they give it to you, you could do incredible things I believe !

duh, i think i am repeating someone ^^^ oops! Really should read posts properly biggrin.gif

I've got the same rocOicw problem sad.gif Is it just a missing pbo? Maybe a solution could be posted here.

Great fun otherwise!!!!

Tim

this one also seems to give you the missing island names bug sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 27 2002,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I have to de-PBO the file, find that bin file and edit all that code ?

Ahhh screw it, I'll just wait till someone comes out with a non-boggy M249.

Me so lazeh  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

DOH. I meant the mod team could fix it lol.

For those people who see the M60 model/sound when selecting the M249 Soldier....

Try deleting any other AddOn items from the OFP Taiwan Workshop and see if it works correctly. That worked for me.

Specifically you have to delete "weapon_us.pdo"

I fell in love with that fire sound. Could someone please upload the .wav file of this sample, so i can use it in other games, too?

Don't get me wrong with reading the below, I really love that model but I think the following improvements and tweaks might make the whole model more attractive.

1. Give the gunner only 2 spare drums. Afaik, SAW gunners carry 600 rounds as basic loadout. Maybe give them 1-2 grenades instead as 3 full boxes should do.

2. Maybe do a second version of the SAW (not replacing this one), which has the PIP (product improvement program) stuff visible. Might be hard to accomplish, tho.

3. Yet another idea is to include an deployed bipod, just for visibilty.

4. Perhaps increase the spread (inaccuracy) of the weapon while standing, moving a bit. Overall I think its pretty balanced but a tad less accuracy could make it perfect. This is my opinion, though, other´s may vary.

5. Make every 5th round a tracer. (dunno if you can even do something like this but if not, just take the values from the m60 for that)

6. The most innovative point: Allow saw gunners to pick up m16 clips from their teammates and use them. The saw is capable of either being belt-fed or using m16 clips. Dunno about handling this via the .cpp but perhaps its possible to either fake a secondary firemode which basically is the same like the primary just with m16 clips. It is a shame, that BIS hasn't made the m16, xms and m4 use the same sort of ammo clip.

7. Rework the scope template (when looking through iron sight) so that the grip for the barrel exchange blends in the view.

Perhaps some of these ideas sound a tad nerdy, but most would indeed improve this superb addon even more.

original SAW:

m-249-dvic536.jpg

PIPed SAW:

m-249-dvic537.jpg

Great points Nyles. Being able to use M-16 magazines in the SAW in OFP would be great and realistic. (although in real life it works pretty shitty, jams alot. Can't use a full magazine because spring tension jams gun.) I'm going to wait to download it until bugs are fixed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ April 26 2002,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The muzzle flash bug can be fixed!

Check more info at:

http://www.natosoldier.com/<span id='postcolor'>

No, that is a myth. The bug they are talking about is the fix for the visibility of the shadow of the muzzleflash.

Your US M249 soldier is EXCELLENT. It is probably the best weapon mod Ive seen yet. And I agree with Nyles, a PIP version of the M249 would be nice.

Also, have you submitted this addon to OFPEC yet? If not, would you mind if I did for you?

1) Thanks, I did not summit this weapon onto OFPEC, It will be nice if you do it for me, but PLS don't forget to put our team name OFP Taiwan workshop on it. by the way thank you again.

2) Another thing that I need to tell everyone after I ask Fliper how to remove the Muzzle flash bug, the answere is they are still working on it, Please wait for the solution come.

3) I tried many times to modify a new PIPed SAW, but always failed. Because of the model are limited that I cann't find enough points or shapes to make it into all I want. I will make a brand-new SAW and PIPed one if I got the Oxygen tools. So far, Plase wait.

Thanks for everyone again.