What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Don't know if it was reported yet but JSRS creates an unneeded dependency in the mission file "jsrs_m230" when there is any M230 bearer present, like Apache.

Don't know if it was reported yet but JSRS creates an unneeded dependency in the mission file "jsrs_m230" when there is any M230 bearer present, like Apache.

Yes it was reported, the issue is still there. It's just a matter of clicking OK to work around it, but it remains an issue, nonetheless.

I just needs a quick config edit to remove the dependancy, I am sure LJ knows about this.

Jarhead, 12gauge slugs from the Saiga shotgun have no impact sound. Other shotguns are probably the same. 7.62mm or 12.7mm sounds would work fine.

Edit: And about the AN-2 sound. The ingredients for a good effect are there, but they are put together wrong.

In first person, the engine noise is fine, but I faintly hear the sound of jet passing overhead! This is a prop plane, and there should be no sound like that, in the background or at all.

In third person, the engine sounds very weak, like an idling car. But if you freelook and see the plane from the front, you hear more of the propeller. That is the sound we should hear in third person from any angle.

Edited by maturin

Hey,

thanks maturin, I gonna fix the config for 12 gauge. The AN2 has this "wind" sounds like every plane in the game. On A10 you can hear this "jet-passing" sound too and I was just copying the sound as a placeholder to reduce RPT Spamming. Its a known bug and I just fixed it already, will come with the last patch.

For the last Patch, 1.3, I want to make an whole complete edition so you don't have to download RC1.0, patch#1 + #2 + #3. But only for those who want this. For all the others, there will just the Patch!

I also want to upload my file of the ACCN DLC as a first Beta so you can test it bravely and tell me about your opinions.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Can't wait for the beta.

Don't remember if I've posted this before, but the NSVT 12.7mm gun is on pretty much every Russian tank in the game. Just giving it a Kord or DShKM placeholder file would get rid of a lot of vanilla sounds.

So I don't understand. I am using your sound mod and decide that I'm going to start editing a domi mission. A friend tries to join me and he gets kicked out. because he cant edit mission which is dependant on downloadable content that was deleted JSRS-M240 or something like that. WTF!!!

Then i try to get rid of the mod, so I launch vanilla. Guess what!! I cant even start the domi mission that I just created.

I cant even remove the mission file without any script. it wont let me start the mission.

ARGGHHHHH. This is why I hate addons

@Specter

Just go into the mission.sqm and delete it from the addons or auto addons list, then you and your friend can both play it. Just don't save it as a pbo until you do that

PHEW!!! thank you. sorry for over reacting.

When editing missions, it's usually best to use no addons (other than ones needed for mission) to prevent such problems. A lot of stuff sneaks in there when you're least expecting it... ;)

Conflicting addon JSRS_C130 in 'jsrs_c130_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_c130e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x18_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->MGun, by x\zeu\addons\ACE_c_wep_dispersion\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Still got those .rpt errors. Don't know if they actually cause any problems.

Edited by maturin

Hey,

thanks maturin for this post. Yah, errors already fixed. The updating classes are fine, should be no errors. Without these updating classes I wouldn't bring my sound into the game. So, I guess I have everything together to bring the last patch, didn't I?

About that mission-editing thing I guess there nothing to say anymore... -.-

Jarhead

I have a question though - has the situation with Chernarus and Utes movement and environmental sounds improved since the initial release? Because on Utes I remember I was walking on rocks with rare grass and the sound was like I was on a grassy field and then on Chernarus there were tropical birds singing or something and there was no audible sound when crawling through bushes like it happen with, say CSM2.

These bushes sounds I have too but they are really low in volume.. they are there! I have seen no error or something strange like that when playing and I play nearly only on Chernarus! And I give an high attention to my footsteps because its an important part of my SM as well as the rest of it.

Yah, maybe there are some wrong sound-SFX's for Chernarus but I have only one config and don't want to work again on something big like CarlGustaffa send me, a whole config with several sounds for each region of the game, means desert, sea and so on. But its would a lot of work and I don't know, it would be bigger than 300MB just for environment! Guess that would be too big even for me (^^) so I keep my head down with that environmental things...

I can fix these tropical bids you heard, and gonna take a good look on Utes for the Fstp...

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

So, here I release the Beta 0.2 of the "Authenti'C~C'ompetitioN" DLC for testing and trying out bravely.

It includes only some weapons and most of them are not finished! Think about that while playing with these please!

Also there are some new or reworked Soniccracks included based on the Christmas Spezial gift, just a bit reworked! They are really better in my opinion.

Included weapons:

Ak74

Ak74Gl

Ak74/M

Ak107

DMR/M14

FNFAL

All G36 Models

LeeEnfield

All M4 Models

M16

M249

M240

MK48

RPK

PKM

SCAR (just a test sound!)

SPR

So, have fun with these and let me know if you have any problems or constructive criticism!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

I have to thank you once more for creating this mod. Since I installed the mod I enjoy the game much more then before.

:notworthy:

Thanks Mate.

There are new Soniccracks as I said, but they are just in the @JSRS-E folder... they should be in the @JSRS-E/AddOns folder... but should be no problem to do this by yourself hihi^^

Greetings.....

Jarhaed

Cool. Sonic cracks are always a pain to test, so what specifically is different about these beta files? If I know it will be easier to look for and give feedback on.

But about the ACCN sounds... I replaced my JSRS-W folder with the beta folder, and now all weapons have default sounds, even the ones covered by the ACCN files, such as the M16, etc. I notice that none of the .pbos in the download have 'C' versions. There is 'wep_ak74.pbo,' but no 'wep_ak74_c.pbo' like the full version of the mod has in its Addons folder. What gives?

Edited by maturin

Cool. Sonic cracks are always a pain to test. What specifically is different about these beta files? If I know it will be easier to look for and give feedback on.

Well, they are a bit higher pitched, just the "Far" Soniccracks they are sounds like low popping in the background. They are a bit reworked to fit more to some of the Afghanistan Video while soldiers under real fire. So now I was able to make a small step to RL-like :D

Make an backup of the old ones and just give it a try... well, its hard to try them in some minutes or so. I'm really used to play an whole mission to really test something like that, you cannot just set yourself under fire, you have to hear them when it comes, it has to go out suddenly! You shouldn't expect that it happened now. Then the effect is much greater!

Take good look on this one:

U.S. Army Soldiers Engage Insurgents In Korengal Valley

This amazing video shows very well what I mean. At the second minute it will get really intense sometimes. But the most impressive is still, if you listen ONLY!

Well, that is was I trying to copy with the Soniccracks making all the time. Should so extreme like this one!

Jarhead

OK I tried ACCN sounds. First of, when you are shooting a rifle, any rifle, from 1st person it sound like the gun is like 20m away.

I, personaly, like Woody Clear more. This may sound more like you tube but woody clear deffenitely sounds more "realistic" (as in volume and how it echeos) and immersive.

Thats my take on it. Thanks for all the hard work though. Oh and I think I will keep DMR/M14 sound from ACCN.

Hi Jarhead

This mod just keeps getting better and better. I really like what you've done with the BAF sounds. The Jackal in particular sounds absolutely massive - there's only a slight problem with the tyre/ground noises, when driving on dirt or gravel roads there's no real tyre noise to speak of. If you veer into the grass, the noise of the tyres on the grass is very noticeable. Not a major thing but while you're taking suggestions from everyone....

I have a few other suggestions.

Make chatter noise more silent (the one that goes on when orders are being given). VOs can be barely heard at times because of it.

On the other hand make radiochatter in vehicles louder because it can be barely heard.

Alright, got the ACCN to work.

I feel much the same as I did earlier. The weapons sound great, except for the M4, FAL and G36, which don't really fit in with the others. The FAL isn't too bad, it is just rather weak for a 7.62mm rifle, especially compared to the abrasive AK-74 (although the muzzle brake makes this an unusually loud weapon). It seems like you have taken a completely different approach with the M4, which could be improved by making it more similar to the excellent M16. The same goes for the RPK-74. The G36 just sounds really weak, which may be an accurate reflection of its muzzle blast, but it needs a little more "oomph" to make it fit in with the rest of the soundmod. Right now I feel like it comes from ACE_SM or something, which has a different style.

Edited by maturin

This soundmod is just freakin awesome!

But,-the A10!!! My ears ringing like hell if they flyby! is this a known issue?