Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Because they are going to fuck around in base the story in an actural country which have a similar name to the OA fictional one, not that the story looks interesting to me through, and through out the trailer i still play "america fuck yeah" to cover the bgm. ;)

Dude none of it looks interesting.

The game has good voice acting :rotfl:

Read it again, I think you missed the point of what I said. I said CM has the potential to create a great OFP game. I didn't say they will, due to that exact reason. Consoles.

No, i missed nothing. Judging by the way you put it, seems only CM has that potential, which is NOT true: every other developer out there has the same "potential" atm as CM.

From where i am standing, CM has not advantage besides owning the brandname. Looking over what games are developed now, you could easily state (without someone contradicting over the potent part) that Activision, or EA or Dice have the potential to create the true successor of OFP. And you would be true there (as in they have the money, they have the manpower, the technology etc), but we all know that won't happen due to a number of reasons, the main one being the target audience and the hardware limitation of its said target

Why half of this was never in DR, is unknown. If they only had put in more effort making the game. Dragon Rising could have been one hell of a game.

You should really get over the DR episode. It is old, it is dead, and, for most of the real OFP fans, it was a big fail.

You should really get over the DR episode. It is old, it is dead, and, for most of the real OFP fans, it was a big fail.

Enough said...

I really wanted BI to have some competition but McPuffy Rising was so bad it actually hurts to write about it.

I don't have any hopes for this one,when BI people aren't involved there is simply no magic.

No, i missed nothing. Judging by the way you put it, seems only CM has that potential, which is NOT true: every other developer out there has the same "potential" atm as CM.

From where i am standing, CM has not advantage besides owning the brandname. Looking over what games are developed now, you could easily state (without someone contradicting over the potent part) that Activision, or EA or Dice have the potential to create the true successor of OFP. And you would be true there (as in they have the money, they have the manpower, the technology etc), but we all know that won't happen due to a number of reasons, the main one being the target audience and the hardware limitation of its said target

Ok, Letme rephrase what I said.

CM had potential with Dragon Rising, but missed the mark and failed miserebly.

I stay with Dragon Rising because i'm one of the few people that like to play it. It was a bit fail, but that doesn't mean theres still some fun left in it.

Anyway, Lets see whether RR lives up to its (very low) standard its set for itself.

Anyway, Lets see whether RR lives up to its (very low) standard its set for itself.

Why even bother with it. It's just a console game.

Looks like Operation Arrowpoint to me.

I mean, why not just name the map Takistan ffs.

If your going to rip off another game do it with some balls damnit.

Red River has been in the works long before Arrowhead came out.

Red River has been in the works long before Arrowhead came out.

You for real dude?

Oo! Insider knowledge!

Yeah that and CM said they were working on a sequel months before arrowhead came out. :rolleyes:

If they really have copied arrowhead they've done an amazing amount of work in such a short period of time.

You realize that OA was in development since before Arma 2 released, yes?

I really wanted BI to have some competition but McPuffy Rising was so bad it actually hurts to write about it.

I don't have any hopes for this one,when BI people aren't involved there is simply no magic.

Actually I think the competition helped. We got FLIR in the expansion pack for ArmA 2.

MOAR army games, bring it on.

Yeah that and CM said they were working on a sequel months before arrowhead came out. :rolleyes:

If they really have copied arrowhead they've done an amazing amount of work in such a short period of time.

Looking at your post history on those forums, i do wonder why you even spend time around here...

I see you are naive enough to get in the CM PR bucket yet again. Good Luck with that

Actually I think the competition helped. We got FLIR in the expansion pack for ArmA 2.

Yeah! So what could it be this time? I honestly can´t think of anything RR has that Arma CO hasn´t....well exept this giant Super Satllion chopper. So BIS, when will we get this new Toy? :p

Don't be surprised if the next thing BI released has the CH-53 super stallion in it. ;)

You realize that OA was in development since before Arma 2 released, yes?

Yes but whats that got to do with CM apparently copying BIS? Nobody outside BIS knew until a few months before release, which was still months after CM had started work on RR if i recall correctly.

Looking at your post history on those forums, i do wonder why you even spend time around here...

I see you are naive enough to get in the CM PR bucket yet again. Good Luck with that

haha what? I have stated on this forum DR was a big disappointment and that ill probably only get RR once the price comes down? Seems to me unless everyone jumps on the blindly hate CM bandwagon and laps up every bit of negativity without question certain users like yourself get your knickers in a twist. :rolleyes:

Guess what, different people have different opinions, deal with it.

Blind hate? I think what happened with DR is the main reason behind the hate. It's certainly not blind, it's entirely just.

No mate. It's just blind hate.

The only thing that happened with DR, is someone made a game hoping you would like it.

Well that and loads of lies misrepresenting the product... And BIS bashing on the part of the CM PR dept. Touting DR as an ArmA killer. LOLz. Only after that did BIS come out with their AAN news about the ping pong matches and such.

Yes but whats that got to do with CM apparently copying BIS? Nobody outside BIS knew until a few months before release, which was still months after CM had started work on RR if i recall correctly.

I had information about OA around January 2010. IRC, in January 2010, some were still hoping for fixing patches or DLCs for DR.

haha what? I have stated on this forum DR was a big disappointment and that ill probably only get RR once the price comes down? Seems to me unless everyone jumps on the blindly hate CM bandwagon and laps up every bit of negativity without question certain users like yourself get your knickers in a twist. :rolleyes:

Guess what, different people have different opinions, deal with it.

Listen, i actually couldn't care less about CM. One way or another. I don't hate them, but i will never be bullshited by them either, or any other game company for that matter.

The only game i have pre-ordered in my life was OA (and the DLCs) and fallout 3. For everything else, i wanna test it myself before spending money.

Maybe i am a bit biased about BI.

I like the scope of their product, and the fact that they support their player base and community.

Their game is far from perfect, it has a lot of flaws, and let downs when looking into small details. But taken as a whole, there is no other product (or company) going after the same things as arma franchise.

So please, don't take me with the blind hate thing. I would be more than pleased with a competitor to BIS title, whoever that might be. I just don't see it happening for at least a few years more.

You still haven't answered: why are you still around those forums. Most people here have a common denominator: they own a BIS product. Do YOU own A1/A2/OA? Or you're waiting for BIS to port their games to consoles?

Edited by PuFu

The only thing that happened with DR, is someone made a game hoping you would like it.

You missunderstod something.

The sentence should be

The only thing that happened with DR, is someone made a game hoping you would BUY it.

No mate. It's just blind hate.

I take it it's perfectly acceptable to promise free updates and perhaps even some good DLC post-release, and then get a couple sub-par DLCs adding hastily thrown-together maps that no one played more than once, plus, I think, what, two patches? The first one locking out all forms of modding all together, the second one causing severe system usage for everyone using it. Not only that, but they never fixed that bug with the latest patch for DR, they just dropped support for it entirely and moved on to the sequel - Red River which, wouldn't you know it, has no ability to create community content what-so-ever. They got all the money they figured they could out of DR, so why should they continue supporting it? That certainly showed their true colors. Not only that, but they showed such abysmal community support with a brand synonymous with dedicated post-release development and improvement.

You think it's blind to dislike CM after they pulled crap like that? What, do you need to literally have a CM representative come, steal your wallet and kick you in the nuts before you can dislike them? :p I didn't like the game itself, and I thought it was not a true testament to what OFP stood for, but what irked me the most about DR was how terrible CM supported it, and how fraudulent they acted. Supposed "fanboism" to OFP aside, I will never stand for developers who treat their customers like dirt. I will also not stand people who defend such actions as well.

Edited by Zipper5