Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

BTW his documentary has now been renamed to Hell and Back Again. I will PM you when he returns.

Thanks.

Also, to anyone who's interested in these types of Documentaries:

The National Geographic Channel is broadcasting "Restrepo", which is about the 173rd Airborne Brigade in the Korengal Valley, tonight at 9.

/offtopic

After watching that trailer I couldnt believe how great it looked.

I don't believe it would be too difficult for someone to produce a similar style effect for a game trailer. When I get some spare time I might create one for Bohemia's upcoming PMC addon, just for a bit of fun.

Thanks.

Also, to anyone who's interested in these types of Documentaries:

The National Geographic Channel is broadcasting "Restrepo", which is about the 173rd Airborne Brigade in the Korengal Valley, tonight at 9.

/offtopic

Just watched it. It's very good.

If you are looking for serious combat scenes, it's not really that kind of deal. Lots of shooting, lots of shaking cameras looking at the ground, shots of people shooting over sandbags, but nothing more really.

What it does do is give you a vivid look at the politics the troops have to deal with in relation to the locals as well as the emotional ups and downs of being deployed in such a hot zone.

Sounds good.

One thing that would make an intresting documentary would be one of a insurgent soldier. Fighting for what he belives, how they live, friends, family and training of them. Would be, Intresting to see how peoples opinions would change with something like that.

Sounds good.

One thing that would make an intresting documentary would be one of a insurgent soldier. Fighting for what he belives, how they live, friends, family and training of them. Would be, Intresting to see how peoples opinions would change with something like that.

PBS Frontline did one. They have all their episodes online, so you should be able to find it.

EDIT: Behind Taliban Lines

Edited by Paplate

For those interested, Joao Silva, one of the most famous and experienced combat photographers of our time, stepped on a mine late last month during a foot patrol with US infantry in Arghandab district.

Surgeons in Khandahar were forced to amputate both of Joao's legs.

Whilst lying wounded in the dirt and bleeding profusely Joao had the presence of mind to ask a nearby Soldier to pass him his camera so he could photograph the medics as they worked on him.

Joao is currently healing at Walter Reed.

I realy feel sorry for him, and that he still had the presence of mind to photograph while Medics were treatening him is really outstanding. Well I surelly don´t want to sound like an asshole, but is this the right Thread for this kind of information?

I realy feel sorry for him, and that he still had the presence of mind to photograph while Medics were treatening him is really outstanding. Well I surelly don´t want to sound like an asshole, but is this the right Thread for this kind of information?

Good people deserve good threads. It does not belong here. ;)

Definitely. Please get back to the topic at hand (even with said topic being rather unpleasant :p ).

Definitely. Please get back to the topic at hand (even with said topic being rather unpleasant :p ).

Well, Theres not much anymore. It seems CM wants to tell us as little about the game as possible before throwing it into the public. :j:

Oh, and the machinma screenshot if you aint seen it.

150887_290255539986_9193179986_1057126_8049536_n.jpg

(img is 64kb, So don't worry. :))

As far as I'm aware, desert MARPAT is not high-contrast orange.

MARPAT.jpg

Nor is skin, for that matter...

Well, you never know - could have gotten a severe sunburn. :D

Pretty bad for it to go red/orange like that :D

And is it just me, or has the view distance reverted back to the 900m of OFP?

Yes it seems so.

Their ambient light stuff really ruins things. Now the enmy Soldiers will be something like Orange puppets jumping all over the Place. TF2 alike...

Nor is skin, for that matter...

Just take a look at the hand models and textures in arma 2 and OA not that much better. :p

Coops hand= ouch

Default dudes hand in OA= WTF major texture mapping bug or something

Oh, and the machinma screenshot if you aint seen it.

I see skybox... lots and lots of 2D skybox.

And something that looks like the AR15 from COD:BLOPS. Will Sion include a feature so I can easily port my player-card with the highly-detailed picture of male genitalia onto it?

Well, you never know - could have gotten a severe sunburn. :D

Given by the amount of light radiation from that sun that is a verily likely explanation :rolleyes: