Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Yeah, It wasn't a very good system. But at least it was there. :P

Swat 4's command system was pretty awesome, made commanding your entry team a real blast.

I agreed, and come to think of it, Rainbow Six 3 system isnt bad too

But in both games, you only have less than 30% of the number of commands that ArmA2 has. It would work as an addition besides the traditional menu though. One where you could have the most common commands listed, and the possibility to modify the menu to replace commands with your own preferences.

But in both games, you only have less than 30% of the number of commands that ArmA2 has. It would work as an addition besides the traditional menu though. One where you could have the most common commands listed, and the possibility to modify the menu to replace commands with your own preferences.

And thats the biggest downfall of the Command Radial. Unless they used a VAC style system as suggested, Along with all 'simple commands' within the Radial and the more complex one in a popup menu. it would mean everyone is happy.

The real question is, how can they afford make another flashpoint game? Dragon Rising didn't take well. I personally want all of the money back I paid for it, what a horrible dumb on the BIS name and products.

One thing BIS could take from DR though and this is pure honesty right now, the death animations. Sorry I had to throw it out there cause it honestly kind of breaks the fourth wall for me.

One thing BIS could take from DR though and this is pure honesty right now, the death animations.

Yeah the death animations were great, that sense of immense satisfaction and accomplishment when you literally blew the head or limbs off enemy infantry when sniping long range with the .50 cal.

It looks bloody stupid in Operation Arrowhead when you hit enemy troops with a hail of .50 cal rounds and they fall over like a wooden plank.

It looks bloody stupid in Operation Arrowhead when you hit enemy troops with a hail of .50 cal rounds and they fall over like a wooden plank.

Quoted for truth.

When I play Arma2/OA, while it's impressive with all the toys it has, but it plays like the original OFP:CWC. It just has better graphics.

I personally wish that BIS would just drop that engine and build something that plays smoothly like RO/DH/PR mod.

Dont know if its just me but half the time it seems like CWC has better death animations then ARMA does.

Dont know if its just me but half the time it seems like CWC has better death animations then ARMA does.

Could be, but not everyone would agree, I guess, seeing as that was one of the last things that got modded before ArmA came out. I, personally, didn't see the point of modding the death animations... to each his own, I suppose.

Death animations in the original Operation Flashpoint felt more believable, in some ways.

There is more power in those animations. Currently when you shoot somebody kneeling in ArmA 2, he usually gently turns over, as if he's floating. There seemed to be more force in the OFP animations.

there is also the problem that if you shoot someone they have to finish any animations they are doing before dying and it looks really weird.

Quoted for truth.

When I play Arma2/OA, while it's impressive with all the toys it has, but it plays like the original OFP:CWC. It just has better graphics.

I personally wish that BIS would just drop that engine and build something that plays smoothly like RO/DH/PR mod.

/facepalm

How is IR, JiP, more than twice bigger maps (and now infinite), real friction and kinetic energy on bullets, penetration, ricochet, leaning, modules like first aid, multi-turrets, FSM, and we're far from exhaustive, how is that "just better graphic" ?

BI could have made many things better, could have made wiser choices in their priority, but seriously, "just better graphics", this idiocy should not be told anymore... get real...

Quoted for truth.

If you like the gameplay of RO so much, you should go to their forums and tell them to make their game more like ArmA :/

If you like the gameplay of RO so much, you should go to their forums and tell them to make their game more like ArmA :/

Nice one! :cool:

/facepalm

How is IR, JiP, more than twice bigger maps (and now infinite), real friction and kinetic energy on bullets, penetration, ricochet, leaning, modules like first aid, multi-turrets, FSM, and we're far from exhaustive, how is that "just better graphic" ?

BI could have made many things better, could have made wiser choices in their priority, but seriously, "just better graphics", this idiocy should not be told anymore... get real...

But its all improvements to what feels like the same game. Not necessarily a bad thing but it is.

And im not sure if his point about "just better graphics" was meant to be taken that literally anyway.

And im not sure if his point about "just better graphics" was meant to be taken that literally anyway.

And how should it be understood :confused:

I also mentioned PR mod. PR and RO give their player base the same thing that OFP CWC used to, before it turned into this algebraic formula that we now play and know as Arma2.

I think that's why this thread is so popular. It really has nothing to do with Consolemasters, but that we all are yearning for that OFP CWC experience again.

Consequently, Arma2 is like this really hot chick you met, but she is so prude you can't do anything with her but hold hands and snuggle.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

ArmA II is great, but, its just not OFP. Replaying OFP:CWC, all aspects of it, They all have a weird feeling about them I can't put my finger on. It's almost, less robotic. More streamlined. More an experience over a peice-of-engine-cram-packed-with-features-we-called-ArmA

We all do want a new CWC, OFPRR isn't going to be it. I think, Everyone at heart just wants OFPCWC re-made, Newer graphics, better sound and a better editor.

Hopefully Cold War Rearmed for ArmA II will bring back some of the old feeling through setting, and gameplay. But It wont be CWC again. There will just be something missing.

I don't think anyone has actually put their finger on what made CWC so good. And if we, the players, can't do it. Neither can the devs. Theres just something about it that makes it so good.

Stop living in the past, flashpoint was great and now ten years later arma is great.

ArmA II is great, but, its just not OFP. Replaying OFP:CWC, all aspects of it, They all have a weird feeling about them I can't put my finger on. It's almost, less robotic. More streamlined. More an experience over a peice-of-engine-cram-packed-with-features-we-called-ArmA

We all do want a new CWC, OFPRR isn't going to be it. I think, Everyone at heart just wants OFPCWC re-made, Newer graphics, better sound and a better editor.

Hopefully Cold War Rearmed for ArmA II will bring back some of the old feeling through setting, and gameplay. But It wont be CWC again. There will just be something missing.

I don't think anyone has actually put their finger on what made CWC so good. And if we, the players, can't do it. Neither can the devs. Theres just something about it that makes it so good.

Big ben! I can't figure you out sometimes. OFPRR will not be anything like OFPCWC or in that fact like OFPDR (OFPDR only had a few good points sad to say). When will you see the light that codemasters does not care about the old community of OFPCWC they want the COD/BF players that is the target.

No game will be like OFPCWC and the reason is YOU NEVER CAN GO HOME AGAIN. OFPCWC was a great game and so far head of it's time. We are never going to have a Perfect game and that's life. ARMA2/OA is the best game of it's kind and nobody can beat BOHEMIA with this. Yes ARMA is not a Perfect game but BOHEMIA will never stop trying to make it. Just like what Codemasters did with OFPDR and will do the same with OFPRR. Take care ben see you around!

I also mentioned PR mod.

Some more forums for you to visit then!

PR and RO give their player base the same thing that OFP CWC used to, before it turned into this algebraic formula that we now play and know as Arma2.

You are out of your tree... way out.

I think that's why this thread is so popular. It really has nothing to do with Consolemasters, but that we all are yearning for that OFP CWC experience again.

Consequently, Arma2 is like this really hot chick you met, but she is so prude you can't do anything with her but hold hands and snuggle.

I think you're speaking for yourself there. This thread is so popular because people love to watch the fail brigade on parade.

Big ben! I can't figure you out sometimes. OFPRR will not be anything like OFPCWC or in that fact like OFPDR (OFPDR only had a few good points sad to say). When will you see the light that codemasters does not care about the old community of OFPCWC they want the COD/BF players that is the target.

No it wont, Thats exacly what I was saying. Did you not read it? :p

I know they don't care about the community at the CM forums, But I do care about them. I've made friends with them as you make friends here. And so I stay, a few gurus in the ME section teach me scripting, C# etc

So I stay there.

No game will be like OFPCWC and the reason is YOU NEVER CAN GO HOME AGAIN. OFPCWC was a great game and so far head of it's time. We are never going to have a Perfect game and that's life. ARMA2/OA is the best game of it's kind and nobody can beat BOHEMIA with this. Yes ARMA is not a Perfect game but BOHEMIA will never stop trying to make it. Just like what Codemasters did with OFPDR and will do the same with OFPRR. Take care ben see you around!

Yeah, No game will be like OFP:CWC, No game will top it. ArmA II is great, it just doesn't reach that standard. BIS will keep trying and keep trying. And thats all we can ever wish for. A company that listens to us, fixes for us, and changes the game for us.

OFPRR will not be a new OFPCWC, it will not be another OFP. And that, Was to be expected.

Anyway, We can always see what wonders lay behind the BIS doorway in the future. ;)

@Max Power;

Just because he, like many, likes the setup and control of OFP:CWC and RO etc, It doesn't mean he doesn't like ArmA or anything.

I like Dragon Rising, and will probably buy Red River once its cheap. But that doesn't mean I think CM's way of doing things is the best. I may think some parts are better than ArmA, and you may disagree. Like the voice-acting, AI and command system. For instance,

Edited by Ben_S