Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

Finnish Coastal Jaegers

Hello!

We have long been waiting for FDF mod :) And so I have slowly been working on these units to try to ease the wait for the mod. Since I am a swedish talking Finn I wanted to make this addon as a tribute to the only swedish speaking unit in finland. Nylands Brigade. So these represents the Coastal Jeagers of the Finnish defence forces. They can be compared to the USMC. They do almost the same thing. I have tried for many hours make the vest as authentic as possible. My conscription time will start in January 2011. So I have no idea what they look like, so I have only used reference pictures.

To add, Backpack, legbag, pouches, canteen, shovel, equipment, radios, helmet camo net and so on.

Screens.

arma2oa2010072819540815.th.jpg

arma2oa2010072819533498.th.jpg

They wear the old m/91 camo, with a vest that I have only seen in pictures with coastal jaegers, so I have no idea what the name of it is.

Release

Version 1.0

Finnish Coastal Jaegers

Addon is not signed

Requires Robert Hammers AK pack

File is about 39mb packed with 7z.

Download:

Multiupload: http://www.multiupload.com/V8MZ8KTQDA

Armaholic: Finnish Coastal Jaegers v1.0

ArmedAssault.info Armed Assault.info

ArmA2Base.de Finnish Coastal Jaegers v1.0 by Nixo

Required Addon

Robert Hammers AK pack

RH Ak's Pack[/

Edited by Nixo
Release:

nice work.

If i get around and make the G-boat i will donate it to you (fdfmod will ofcourse also get even if i doubt they want my low quality shit).

nice work.

If i get around and make the G-boat i will donate it to you (fdfmod will ofcourse also get even if i doubt they want my low quality shit).

Thanks granQ :) That would be so awsome :)

nice work, I think these will combine pretty swell with the upcoming FDF mod :)

More WIP images :)

Do you think the camo is too dark? Sometimes it looks just right and sometimes too dark... Depends on the lightning

Legbags are attached properly to the legt ingame. OTK animations messing up the model :)

IMAGES REMOVED

as you can see, legbag, canteen and shovel has allready been added. Textures still need some work tough

Edited by Nixo

Its all good! :)

Edited by Ville89

Ah guys this is above & beyond! brill, cannot wait!

Nice! Now we only need the Jurmo boats, and we can conquer the archipelago.

Excelent work!

Nice! Now we only need the Jurmo boats, and we can conquer the archipelago.

Excelent work!

Yes, would be nice to see someone working on those :)

In one of the screens they have a kind of neat rimlight effect going on. It's visually interesting but probably not realistic. This might have something to do with your fresnel settings.

In one of the screens they have a kind of neat rimlight effect going on. It's visually interesting but probably not realistic. This might have something to do with your fresnel settings.

I believe it is the super shaders fault. I really have no idea what to do when it comes to making the .rvmat file

I believe it is his smdi texture in combination with the rvmat. Nixo, I would be willing to help you on the rvmats.

Also a bug, when you turn the head left or right in third person, the helmet strap clips into the head.

Thanks, I will try to get the updated version out before christmas :)