Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

[CAMP] John - A Rambo Medley

Hi love this campaign and love the setting. However I have one question, will you be relesing the new weapons(the bow) as a standalone as whell? And in that case will you be sending a readme with the code/name of the bow and the ammunition for it?

It's not working for me - when I select the campaign the 'loading bar' gets all the way to the right hand side but that's all - no mission entry screen etc.

Any ideas?

Im having an issue when mission 1 starts up and the colonel starts to talk it crashed to desktop. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, same problem, as soon as the guy says something about it being easy, it instantly crashes for me. Any ideas?

same for me:

"it's really easy son'' and then CTD.

You managed to fix this?

Just tested it and I have the very same issue. Maybe one of the latest patches have changed something important for this cutscene. I'll see into it and release the campaign once again but improved.

Currently I have no clue what could cause this. ArmA2OA.rpt says it's an ACCESS VIOLATION. So nothing specific and helpful. :(

So far, please skip ahead with the "endmission"-Cheat.

Edited by Mondkalb

Same CTD issue, when the guy in the back of the plane starts to talk BOOM CTD.

Shame was looking forward to playing this.

I managed somehow to view the intro and jump out of the plane but when that dude tells me about the car it crashes, I hope you find a fix for this Mondkalb

Good news everybody! I fixed it! :yay:

It assume that since an OA Update in September the way .pbo files are accessed has changed. Now, simply by not pbo'ing the file the CTD-Problem is fixed. While I was at it, I took the liberty of fixing several other issues, including:

• Bugged mission ending in Mission 3
  • Auxillary Codebook display (Just in case it is cluttered up)

John 1.57 (17 MB)

In order to play this campaign, you will still need this addon.

Installation:

Put the extracted John157 folder into your campaigns directory!

In-game you will see two John-Campaigns selectable in the campaign-screen. Select "John (OA 1.57 Fixed)" and enjoy.

Good news everybody! I fixed it! :yay:

It assume that since an OA Update in September the way .pbo files are accessed has changed. Now, simply by not pbo'ing the file the CTD-Problem is fixed. While I was at it, I took the liberty of fixing several other issues, including:

• Bugged mission ending in Mission 3
  • Auxillary Codebook display (Just in case it is cluttered up)

John 1.57 (17 MB)

In order to play this campaign, you will still need this addon.

Installation:

Put the extracted John157 folder into your campaigns directory!

In-game you will see two John-Campaigns selectable in the campaign-screen. Select "John (OA 1.57 Fixed)" and enjoy.

Still have the CTD error

Are you sure you launched the new campaign? I have the very same CTD with the original release, but the newsest version fixed it for me.

Are you sure you launched the new campaign? I have the very same CTD with the original release, but the newsest version fixed it for me.

yup..in my campaign folder I put your fix..and I still use the 'john' addon as you said in the readme.

I also can select the campaign 'john(fix)' or something similar but I still get the ctd.

I'm running a couple of mods though.

Just tested it and I have the very same issue. Maybe one of the latest patches have changed something important for this cutscene. I'll see into it and release the campaign once again but improved.

Currently I have no clue what could cause this. ArmA2OA.rpt says it's an ACCESS VIOLATION. So nothing specific and helpful. :(

So far, please skip ahead with the "endmission"-Cheat.

I was actually having the same in one of my recent missions, involving dialogue/FSMs. Appears to be a recent change.

If you figure it out, please let me know :)

Still getting CTD

I noticed that it's happening when the dude is talking

Sadly currently I have no Idea why the speech-files are causing a CDT.

Others missionmakers have reported this issue aswell, so it seems to be something more general. And the campaign was working when originally released, so I guess some patches must have interfered.

:(

Anyone figure this out? I tried to play it last night with 1.1 and CTD when the first dude speaks. Maybe the sound files need a little tweaking somehow. Seems a waste if it could be resolved by someone who knows how?

Ok...I have had a bit of a look. Seems a waste to have this unplayable.

I hope you don't mind Mondkalb but I unPBO'd your campaign. The problem comes about when the speech is called.

ie..

Trautman_Char say3d "Trautman_01";

playmusic "Trautman_01Mus";

titletext ["Okay, son. It is very easy.","plain down"];

sleep 3.5;

if I comment out the say3d line...the mission plays but you don't get the lip sync. First of all I wasted my time by resampling the sounds to 32khz thinking the sample rate may be too high. The rate is 48000hz on some of the files..I don't think thats a problem.

Could the .lip file cause the problem when it is called with the say command? Pretty unlikely. The only other thing is if it is declared wrong in the description.ext. It all looks ok for me. ie

class Trautman_01 : John_01 {sound[] = {"\snd\Trautman_01.ogg", 0, 1};};

Only thing I can think is that does the 'trautman_01' in the above line need to be declared as a string?

If you can live without lipsync I could provide a non-lip sync version provided Mondkalb agrees, but I would rather see it fixed properly.... hopefully we can solve it and restore it to its origional splendor : )

Thanks

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

I have found the problem. I will contact Mondkalb so hopefully he can re-release it fixed.

I am not sure what has to happen to the bikey files as some files of the campaign require modification.

I will send Mondkalb a PM tonight...I have to go out now.

Thanks a lot for this find! I'm going to get around re-releasing this along with a few more fixes.

:yay:

This sounds awesome.. I hope the fixes get fixed soon :)

Mondkalb thats great news i never play your campaign becose that crash after start, but now i will download the new version.

It's a pity this can't be fixed with a roll of duct tape : P

When you play the mission you will know what I mean...it totally cracks me up every time....The stuff is Gold!!!