John - A Rambo medley

MBG_John_Poster_V2_Thumb.jpg

DOWNLOAD (v1.2):

MBG_John.7z @ Mondkalb.org (100MB)

Download Contains:

• mbg_john.pbo

[/Quote]

STORY:

Your name is John and you're being sent to Chernarus to find and destroy enemy SCUDs. But soon everything comes the way least expected. (Okay... the average Rambo-Fan may know what is going to happen.)

This is not a recreation of any of the Rambo-movies.

ABOUT:

This Addon adds a new campaign to ArmA2: Combined Operations. Along with that, it adds all the needed objects, items, weapons and sounds required to play this campaign.

This is an "All-in-one"-Addon.

The campaign focuses on stealth and solving little riddles, although violence is always an option.

Besides that it features many new things never before been seen in a campaign or even ArmA2 at all:

CONTENT

- 4 Missions

- 3 Cutscenes

- Voice Acting

- Compound Bow

- Duct Tape

- New Character Models

FEATURES

- Very unique missions

- ambient sounds and fitting music

- Cracking safes

- Operating Satellite-phones

- Reuse arrows

- Punch out people

- Underground Levels

- Simple First-Aid system

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know... the story might not be very credible, but it serves it's purpose to frame the campaign.

This campaign is created mainly with addons/scripts I had already done years ago, so the quality of the content may vary.

And don't worry, the black map screen when starting the campaign is wanted.

SCREENSHOTS

John_Pic_2_Thumb.jpg John_Pic_3_Thumb.jpg

John_Pic_4_Thumb.jpg John_Pic_6_Thumb.jpg

Pic 1 Pic 5

INSTALLATION:

This addon belongs into some Modfolder's Addon-folder!

CREDITS AND THANKS:

Helpers:

• BigX's Rambo-Face
  • Mikero's PBO-Magic
  • Rommel's sqf2sqm
  • Freesound.org
  • Clayman's AnimViewer
  • CG-Textures.com
  • Freshman for his details about compound bows
  • Mondkalb - Duh, I made the campaign...

Voices:

• Rico
  • Placebo
  • Jopo
  • MadDogX
  • nuttex
  • Mondkalb

Edited by Mondkalb
Updated to v1.2

F'in sweet! Man looks like you beat me to the punch mechanic. I have a similar one implemented in my upcoming campaign. Glad to see more people making quality campaigns!

THis doesn't work for me. I tried the mod folder route but the campaign wasn't selectable in the game campaign menu. Moved the files into the addon folder and that made the campaign selectable in game.

Edited by nuggetz

THis doesn't work for me. I tried the mod folder route but the campaign wasn't selectable in the game campaign menu. Moved the files into the addon folder and that made the campaign selectable in game.

Did you have a addon folder within the mod folder? Did you add the mod folder to the command line or select it with the launcher?

seems like you did a great job ! Gonna try it right now!

I've played this campaign till the radio part in mission 3. The mission concepts are pretty cool but I have the urge to give some feedback on some things.

Good:

• The all-in-one addon concept is ingenious and convenient
  • Mission 2 is something different
  • The movielike story is refreshing

Bad:

• The bow isn't useful because of its odd trajectory and lack of punch (more power, an aiming device and little to no zeroing would help)
  • Despite the means and extra scripting, stealth doesn't work very well in Mission 1 because staying hidden requires inhuman situational awareness and intimacy with the AI's psyche
  • Mission 2 suffers from object clipping issues (invisible walls stop player's body and bullets, AI crawls and shoots through actual walls, some see-through spots) and the AI's tendency to go prone takes away the coolness factor
  • Mission 3's starting situation was a bit vague and I made the mistake of killing everyone because the first guy looked like an enemy waiting for a punching and he didn't have time to establish his intentions

In mission 3 I encountered a bug where I can't open the codebook or use the punch. I looked at the mission files and it seems that the "Beating" variable somehow got stuck to true since both actions require it to be false.

Edit: I recreated the bug in a new try of the mission. Before the drive to Rahman I got the punch action but when I reached the town, the action was gone. I noticed a "beating=true" trigger in the mission.sqm that might be related.

Edited by Celery

In mission 3 I encountered a bug where I can't open the codebook or use the punch. I looked at the mission files and it seems that the "Beating" variable somehow got stuck to true since both actions require it to be false.

Confirmed and fixed. A simple trigger was set from "Present" to "Not Present". Update soon to follow...

(A release without some kind of release-patch would be just too good to be true...)

It would be nice if you lower the difficulty (don't put many patrols) of the first mission because it was almost impossible to accomplish.

Any NVGs in the first mission that I missed? It's dark and I can't see a thing! ahh!

I managed to get the files but then I spent a good 2 minutes trying to get out the tent.

Edited by Dead3yez

Try using the flashlight on your glock if you need light that's what I did, there was a glock on the table where you pick up your bow.

Great Campaign so far mate , very nice presentation although I might also agree its very difficult so far (I'm on the second mission). But that might have been what you were going for, If so mission accomplished. Thanks a bunch mate :cool:.

don't forget our johnny boy only does the impossible missions like fighting a complete russian army (including tanks and choppers) in afghanistan

i like it :yay:

Bit of trouble in the first mission. I punch the colonel in the back for a silent takedown, but I can't pick up his stuff. I could shoot him with my pistol but that makes getting out a real hassle. There a fix for that weird behavior, or did you intend for me not to be able to ransack him if he's unconscious?

Any NVGs in the first mission that I missed? It's dark and I can't see a thing! ahh!

I managed to get the files but then I spent a good 2 minutes trying to get out the tent.

The guy in the tent has NV on him ;)

The campaign seems broken with this code book bug, unless the maker just tells us the radio code? :)

Update released:

Changelog

Mission1

- Changed time of day: You should now have 20 minutes more of daylight

Mission 2

- Decreased amount of enemies

Mission 3

- Fixed codebook-issue

- Moved safe to a more obvious position

- Added autosave-point

- Exchanged green Skoda for a Takistani Landrover

Mission 4

- Added missing "BowAwesomness"-script

MBG_John.7z (107MB)

Update released:

MBG_John.7z (107MB)

Right the codebook works now, but the words are overlapping and are now unreadable.

Edited by Sky999

Hmm... Might be an aspect-ratio issue. Since I worked with safe-zones, this should not occur. :(

Try setting your aspect ratio to 16:10 as a test and try to open the codebook then.

Great Campaign so far mate , very nice presentation although I might also agree its very difficult so far

Yes... that was intended.

I hate to see the "Go there, do that, make this"-Campaigns of today's Egoshooters. So I wanted to challenge the player in two disciplines: "Trigger Finger" and "Brains".

Although I made things a bit easier now by moving the safe to a more obvious position...

Edited by Mondkalb

How can mission 3 be completed? I reached Feruz Abad after the radio call but it's empty. Couldn't find the ordered equipment either.

Forgot to mention earlier and I'm not sure if it got fixed, but in mission 1 I got a script error mentioning a whistle script when I was noticed by the enemy.

Edited by Celery

Great story and settings !!! Love it very much!

I am in mission 3, how do I know the correct freq and channel with the Satelite Phone?

Did I miss something???

Any update on getting this codebook issue fixed?

It's really a pain to aim with the bow because the back of the arrow hides your target. Also, its range is just ridiculous, I used to practice bow shooting and even with some crappy bow, I could hit targets further than that.

Apart from that, this campaign is really great and original ! Thanks a lot !

You have to give it the credit it deserves!

The best usermade campaign/mission I've played in ArmA/ArmA2 and that says a lot!

And I tell you why:

Spoilered the other parts!

Tunnel levels? I had the same idea one time but you made it before me and it turned out well!

I've played it made it, but not through yet. The first level is the easiest of all of them I think (I play on the highest difficulty) and I love the dialoge the characters tend to speak out!

Edit: Now I made it. Great end. Was undiscovered until I rammed the fence with the truck.

Great campaign!

Any successors planned?

Edited by Takko

Any update with getting this campaign, codebook problem fixed?