Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

75th Ranger Regiment

lol, well ive been thinking and i think the way its going to go is like this:

Rangers ~2010 = multicam and ucp, that would be the first pack released, sort of a current day ranger pack.

Rangers ~2003 = DCU and woodland, now im not sure how much the gear changed in the last 7 years or so but hopefully not much lol, as id really just keep everything the same but the cams, which i would change to the older sets.

and THEN hopefully a Ranger weapons pack, will need lots of help with that one but lol.

I have also been thinking of making some 2010 guys in Multicam/UCP mix :) It looks pretty neat. The camos don't fit at all but at the same time, it's kinda' cool :D

Rangers ~2003 = DCU and woodland, now im not sure how much the gear changed in the last 7 years or so but hopefully not much lol, as id really just keep everything the same but the cams, which i would change to the older sets.

Quite different, actually:

th_017049177final.jpgth_04a375025jd9.jpgth_04a375027if4.jpg

They used OD green SPEAR Ranger Body Armor

damn... lol, well i might just do a 2nd ranger pack with those 2 cams lol. also as to not to confuse people i ment ucp and mc seperate, as in a set of units in ucp, then a set of units in mc, same goes for woodland and dcu.

Blegh f the camo's. Do what you wanna do man, I think they look grand.

its coming along, slowly, currently working on some things for it that i wont mention, but what i do need from you lot is the name (and type) of some of the helmet kit the rangers use (ie flashlights and so on, and other helmet configerations, pretty much just a shitload of helmet pics that point out whats what, i haev a strobe and that so yer, but yer, thats what i pretty much need most atm.

oh also any good refs (with names of types) of the backpacks often found with the rangers.

im away all day today and most of tomorow but if i get time i will post pics of the new MC.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

I did post some pics a few pages back, but here's some more.

Rhino Mount Swing Arm

AS1548.jpg

SureFire HL1-A-TN

http://www.armyproperty.com/Equipment-Info/SureFire_HL1_A_NSN.htm

operator-hat-with-light.jpg

Helmet velcro

100_2008.jpg

VIP IR Strobe

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2190/2378727385_791b26205a.jpg

ittvip.gif

Norotos NVG Shroud and mount

N1841010-2T.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i73/justin_kovacs/Picture014.jpg

I'm working on finding more, hope these help for now. Also, YAY for pics!

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

damn... lol, well i might just do a 2nd ranger pack with those 2 cams lol. also as to not to confuse people i ment ucp and mc seperate, as in a set of units in ucp, then a set of units in mc, same goes for woodland and dcu.

I was hoping you'd do a PCU set, which some units in Full PCU and some in mixed PCU and UCP. Obviously it's your choice, its just I really love the look of PCU. You already showed me a WIP pic you made in 5 mins and it looked awesome, I'm sure you can pull it off.

well like promised heres a screen of all the units in MC, spent the last god damn 5 hours geting them to this stage to show, pretty much at a beta stage (playable and looking OK) on the todo list is more helmet stuff (more kit for them + custom paint jobs for them), refining of the MC and few uniform tweaks. and addign a slight dust later over the vest and kit, as it looks pretty new atm.

groupshot.th.jpg

ALL CREDIT for the multicam textures go to ardvark as they are straight from him (with permissions) all ive done is a few tweaks here and there.

also when i was asking for refs of helmet shit was more talking about actual torches straped onto the helmet haha, i got pretty much everything else (including the surefire light). but yer work goes on, bit quicker now since i got the next 4 days off work :D.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

I guess i misunderstood what you needed for your reference pics! :) A lot of the older pics on this thread have pics of rangers with the gear on the helmets. Regarding the pics of the multicam, nothing personal, but the camo looks a bit blurry and compared to the vest and helmet looks kinda out of place. Keep up the good work though! Excited to see the finished product!

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

Yeah the MC seems a bit low quality compared to the rest of the unit

Maybe some closer pictures? I'd be happy to take some screens for you if you'd like.

Really looking forward to the UCP versions and (Hopefully) PCU versions!!

Also, I think Tan helmets would go better with MC. Those Dark Green ones look a bit out of place.

Also, I think Tan helmets would go better with MC. Those Dark Green ones look a bit out of place.

I don't think they need tan helmets. I think they need OD green helmets, maybe with randomized overspray of brown/tan camouflage.

Edited by akd42

I think the tan helmets would go well with the UCP. As for the multicam i think any dark colour would work nice, like black, dark grey, or a dark green.

ACU - tan and black (yes, i've seen few) helmets.

Multicam - OD (with snake skin) and... Greenish/greyish camo (also) with snake skin.

guys if you had of actualy read my post insted of JUST looking at the pic you would of noticed i said quite clearly that i will be redoing/working on the helmet textures... i know what they look like, i have put a shitload of time into researching for these guys, i know what most things should look like, so please stop and just wait to see what i come up with, THEN you can start pointing out mistakes...

So, something like this?

That's a nice pic! Might i ask what mod that's from?

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Found these interesting pics. They are not rangers but i just noticed the weapons and helmets looked pretty cool. These also show some helmet attachments but just not on rangers. Bonus multicam goodness included!

http://i37.tinypic.com/ejs80k.jpg

28i2pus.jpg

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

I do believe those are rangers, they're using ranger green eagle industries kit. Army SF, SEALs, PJs, and all other SOF use tan kit mostly.

I saw those pics too, and while the captain reads "Afghan international security forces" i'll bet my new altama boots those cats are 75th.