Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

75th Ranger Regiment

@AMS, there will be both combat shirts and acu cut shirts, however it will most likely be ubacs mainly cus thats what ive seen in most ref pics of rangers in MC.

ok completely reworked the PCU, new pockets, cuffs, colour and collar. also reworked my UCP. you can also see the tan MICH2000 aswell.

t1tl.th.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

*sniff sniff* Its sooo beeeaaaautiful! :cryy:

Damn... Looks perfect. Great job!

Indeed this color matches the colour my PCU Level 5 jacket has great paint job :), but still one thing is there no hood? because the pcu jacket has an hood too O.o

It's no hybrid theory but it fits the trailer okay i guess. Now back to the topic of rangers, if your using preset headgear, I'm assuming there will be more than just a tan MICH 2000 right?

yes, along with the tan theres a dark/grey green (seen in other screens) along with several other painted jobs. some with goggles on face, some up on helmet, IR strobe in diff places, also plan to make a few more things for the helmet, but i kinda need to know what they are first lol. so if anyone knows what half of the stuff haning off rangers helmets in alot of the refs are, please let me know lol.

Indeed this color matches the colour my PCU Level 5 jacket has great paint job :), but still one thing is there no hood? because the pcu jacket has an hood too O.o

well from alot of the refs ive seen some dont, or atleast you can "fold" the hood into the collar, may get into contact with some people to try and get a hood for some other versions to.

work on these may be slower than expected due to ideas growing in my head lol, which will lead to more work... but better rangers lol. also my job is picking up pace in the next few weeks so that wont help things either.

Well from what i can tell most helmets have an IR strobe, NV mount of different varieties, flag patches(sometimes), Taclights, ID tape, and cat eye bands.

9256_big.jpg

operator-hat-with-light.jpg

work continues on, slowly lol

all today ive been slaveing away on a face mask for the RTO of the Rangers, mainly cus it just looks so cool :P but it will also help break up the look alikes.

its all working atm with onyl a lil bit of clipping that is easily fixed, HOWEVER i did find out that units with the african american heads theres ALOT of clipping, they seem to have a diff head model that has a much larger nose (not a racial remark btw....) so if any1 knows how to limit head models (not faces, just the model) to a certain unit PLEASE contact me as it would help alot. otherwise i may have to look at scraping the mask :(

anyway heres a very small preview of the mask

maskwip.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

The mask is a good idea, but maybe not for RTO? :p

Imagine him trying to mumble behind that mask :D

lol didnt actualy think of that :P good idea, will change to the M240 gunner or something.

I don't see it that bad, I've seen quite a few images off crewman/soldiers with them and the radio/mic equipment. Maybe its just a situational thing, But in all I really do love it Rhodesy. Don't give up on it, keep working its looking really good now.

Rhodsey I think you can config it so the unit only uses white faces, that would fix the problem.

I don't think any one would care if one unit that was using the mask was always white.

Not to be rasist, but it seems they didn't redo the Black faces since ArmA 2 and they are pretty ugly. :/

But i think he wants to use African American faces as well.

yeh we talked it out over steam, just for that head it's gona be an american/white face

@Rhodesy77: just a suggestion but maybe make a few units more adapted to the desert like maybe give them tan helments and the coyote brown vest? it just seems more practical to me

Tan helmets - yes, CB vests - hell no!!! Rangers use only vests in RG (Ranger Green). And I mean only... ;)

@Rhodesy77: just a suggestion but maybe make a few units more adapted to the desert like maybe give them tan helments and the coyote brown vest? it just seems more practical to me

More practical maybe, but Rangers don't have much say in what they get to wear unless their issued it. They are mostly issued Eagle plate carriers with cummerbunds in Ranger Green and/or paca low vis vest in Tan (worn under the plate carrier). However:

;1716288']Tan helmets - yes' date=' CB vests - hell no!!! Rangers use only vests in RG (Ranger Green). And I mean only... ;)[/quote']

Not true, there is one or two pics I've found of a Ranger with some kind of tan vest. It doesn't have MOLLE though, or at least I don't see any, and the guy is wearing a Ranger Green chest rig over on top of it. Could be a Delta guy or someone special whose running around with the Rangers, but who knows ;)

th_211711.jpgth_091119a5713f8151.jpg

Rangers do wear Tan MICHs, but mostly OD, sometimes with a light tan camo paint on it. But I've recently spotted a few pics of this guy:

th_e79c0d63.jpg

Not true, there is one or two pics I've found of a Ranger with some kind of tan vest. It doesn't have MOLLE though, or at least I don't see any, and the guy is wearing a Ranger Green chest rig over on top of it. Could be a Delta guy or someone special whose running around with the Rangers, but who knows ;)

Guys on the pics are "Assistance something Teams" (can't remember the damn name). Those teams can have Rangers, SF, ANA SF and SEALs mixed up. So I'm pretty sure it's not a Ranger...

Back on topic: any chance of seeing few new pics Rhodesy?

if you look on the previous page i got a guy with a tan MICH, will also hope to have alot of variation when it comes to the helmet, as they seem to like to do their own pait jobs. tan vest will be a no, as most likely (as already said) those guys arnt rangers, maybe SF, or a FAC operator or something like that, who knows, i may include a FAC guy that has a tan vest just to mix it up a bit.

pics should come in the next day or so, currently considering pushing back the UCP to second on the list and moving the multicam up (no farking mc vs ucp posts!) simply becuase i may have a very good multicam texture to work from, which will make my life alot easier, and allow me to go back and rework the ucp textures, as right now im not happy with them. but i promise the UCP will come eventualy.

also they got new NVG mounts, the face mask is up and working nice, few model tweaks here and there and im soon to start modeling alot of bits and peices to put on the helmets, so if some1 could identify some of the things on the rangers helmets (with proper names so i can get refs) would be great.

also cheers binkowski, couldnt have happened if u never gave me the mlods :P

Cheers

Rhodesy

I was really looking forward to the UCP but i guess ill just have to wait a bit longer.:k: BTW the guys in the previous photos are from the Afgahn international security force. Also, anyone else think that the facewrap reminds them of MW2?

well if all goes well i should beable to pump out the mc skins pretty quick, allowing for a release soonish, which means it would give me more time to get the ucp done in the detail i want while u guys get to play with it :)

well if all goes well i should beable to pump out the mc skins pretty quick, allowing for a release soonish, which means it would give me more time to get the ucp done in the detail i want while u guys get to play with it :)

And then after UCP comes PCU and DCU. :D