Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

75th Ranger Regiment

^ biggest difference you will find is the vest... anyway enough argueing in this thread :P, hope to have an update later this arv.

Correct. Another thing to consider is muti-cam. It's being used almost exclusively now.

Especially now since the rest of the joes are using MC, and the British with their own version of MC.

Well i hope you keep the ACU because its my favorite camo!:) Also, i think there are already tons of other addons with multicam already.

Well i hope you keep the ACU because its my favorite camo!
God only knows why. It doesn't blend in with anything. The biggest mistake the US Army ever made was switching from DCU/Woodland camo to ACU.

I agree the ACU is pretty much useless unless your in a super rocky environment. However, the ACU to me is more of an icon than a camo.

I agree the ACU is pretty much useless unless your in a super rocky environment. However, the ACU to me is more of an icon than a camo.
When im in the bush or the sandbox I'll take camo over an icon any day.

guys please please do not start a mc (or any other cam) vs UCP arguement in this thread... its nearly worse than the dreaded 5.56 vs 7.62 arguement... i for one do like UCP, and do find its effective in some areas, HOWEVER i have already stated several times that i will be doing MC aswell, along with DCU and woodland later down the track...

Especially now since the rest of the joes are using MC, and the British with their own version of MC.

Rollin' out on mission everydaywhen deployed (in RL), I've only ever found ACU's to be effective between dusk and dawn. So, it's really only effective an hour and a half in a 24 hour period. I do hope he changes the pattern, so as to better reflect what is currently being issued.

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

guys please please do not start a mc (or any other cam) vs UCP arguement in this thread... its nearly worse than the dreaded 5.56 vs 7.62 arguement... i for one do like UCP, and do find its effective in some areas, HOWEVER i have already stated several times that i will be doing MC aswell, along with DCU and woodland later down the track...

Sorry, I must've posted when you did.

I really find it intressting how much people think UCP is ACU :D

You can get 3.col or wooldand with ACU too.

ACU is just how the uniform is stiched together, not wich color it has.

ACU = Army Combat Uniform, it only comes in one color and that is gray.. UCP is ACU for the US Army. MARPAT for the USMC, CADPAT for the Canadian Forces, etc. Each is different and with most you can get it different colors yes, but the US Army in it's infinite wisdom decided that gray and only gray is the color to go with. It's kind of academic now since the army has seen the error of it's ways and is switching to multicam.

Edited by Big Mac

ACU = Army Combat Uniform, it only comes in one color and that is gray.. UCP is ACU for the US Army. MARPAT for the USMC, CADPAT for the Canadian Forces, etc. Each is different and with most you can get it different colors yes, but the US Army in it's infinite wisdom decided that gray and only gray is the color to go with. It's kind of academic now since the army has seen the error of it's ways and is switching to multicam.

Not true. UCP is the Universal Camo Pattern, you're right about ACU = Army Combat Uniform. The first ACU camo was UCP, hence why people refer to UCP as the ACU. HOWEVER, the ACU is just how the uniform is tailored. The army doesn't call the new multi-cam duds "Multi-Cam," but OEF-FR-ACU for Operation Enduring Freedon-Fire Resistant- Army Combat Uniform. So the ACU is available in different camo patters. I bet the next pattern the Army adapts will still be the "something something" ACU (Because the Army is actually looking into new camo duds)

Hopefully they fired the guy who conned them into investing in ACU. BTW I referring to common terms. On paper the army may call the multicam fatigues OEF-FR-ACU, but in common usage I'm sure it's just multicam.

but in common usage I'm sure it's just multicam.

Agreed lol.

I think the biggest mentality behind UCP (other than the "universal" nonsense) was something that worked well in Iraq. It didn't seem to do too bad in the urban environments there (although I still think the old DCUs worked better). But I will admit, there were times where UCP surprised me in the field. One of my buddys went into the woodline to piss, and I couldn't spot him from 20 meters away. But more often than not the camo did stand out.

Sorry Rhodesy77, didn't mean to start an argument thread! Good to hear your going to be doing all the camos. Now everyone can be happy!:) BTW Rhodesy. Would it be too much to ask for a Multicam ACU instead of a multicam UBACS?

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

@AMS, there will be both combat shirts and acu cut shirts, however it will most likely be ubacs mainly cus thats what ive seen in most ref pics of rangers in MC.

ok completely reworked the PCU, new pockets, cuffs, colour and collar. also reworked my UCP. you can also see the tan MICH2000 aswell.

t1tl.th.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

now that's more like it.

is it just me or do i see some stretching below the knees ?

The PCU looks a lot better! But the thing under looks a bit weird. Is that a tan shirt under the PCU or am i just retarded? Also, i was wondering if you had any plans for selectable headgear or just preset ones for all the models?

yer its ment to be just a shirt, its a defualt part of the model, ill most likely add a ucp collor under there when i get the time to be assed to do ir lol. but it also has to be there otherwise you see through some parts, cus the neck only goes so far with the head model.

lol was waiting for that question to pop up lol, while id LOVE to beable to offer that sort of feature configs/scripting REALLY is not my thing, hell i strugle with simple config edits lol. however i wont rule it out but will say it wont be in first release.

Well that's what I'm here for, to ask all the important questions lol. BTW, did you see the new MOH Linkin Park trailer? It's awesome! Got some good ranger and game play footage as well.

yer seen it, but not lp's best song :S

It's no hybrid theory but it fits the trailer okay i guess. Now back to the topic of rangers, if your using preset headgear, I'm assuming there will be more than just a tan MICH 2000 right?