Tomb Addon

I ported this over today, quoting the readme here:

arma22010-03-0421-00-50-15_small.jpg

Tomb Addon v 0.5

a tileset for creating a catacomb and egyptian temple

ported from ArmA1 and created by Icewindo

=========================================================

Introduction

This addon was nearly a direct port of my first addon, so it might fail some quality standards.

If you would like to improve this addon or add other tilesets to it, drop me a PM at the BIS forums and I will send over the MLODs and/or add your textures to the package.

Installation

Copy the pbos to the modfolder of your choice.

Copy the example mission ("Example.cata_world") to your ArmA2/Missions or

ArmA2 Other Profiles/Profilename/Missions folder depending on which profile you use.

Usage

To use this addon, you will need to open the included CataComb Island. This island contains a ground texture for the normal tomb

and for the egyptian style in the northwestern corner.

You can place the objects at other islands, but they normally are not suited for that, which is why I created Catacomb World.

The addon is to be played from the inside, it will look strange from the outside.

The included example mission contains an example setup for the egypt temple style and for the normal catacomb, click "markers"

in editor for a description.

To create your own tomb/temple, I advise to use a 3D Editor, such as the RTE or the BIS internal one.

Be advised I created the tombs in the example mission some time ago when there was no 3D editor avaiable (I hand placed

every single item and made use of copy-pase, which took quite some time) so the whole scene is subject to "overlapping" and sometimes resulting artifacts, which can't be removed without

a proper reconstruction, of which I lack time and nerve.

Requirements

The example mission needs Mapfacts EU upgrade

Download it from ArmAInfo:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=967

Or Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194

Credits

Some Textures by cgtextures.com

Icewindo

========================================================

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15740919/Catacomb.7z

Screenshots/Video

edit:Youtube tags dont seem to work... link:

(click)

arma22010-03-0420-57-21-70_small.jpg

arma22010-03-0420-59-30-28_small.jpg

Edited by Icewindo

Nice, but very DOOM like lmao.. Liked the egyptian textures..

Thanks Foxhound :) .

Doom? I must say I've never played it besides the 3rd title :p .

Here's a video on exploring the tomb to give some idea of it' size, it's very large, I would need like 20 minutes to explore the whole place at slow pace. Also, I think the egyptian structure looks best at daytime, while the tomb looks the best at night.

i remember this addon. didnt know that it is from you! it was very useful for me to make my stargate missions :)

nice video mate.

Loved it matey, cheers.

I wonder a bit about AI managing movement in such a closed space, but still, lots of nice possibilities in this one :cool:

Could be used for a hollywoodish version of this little operation, which occurred back in 2003.

I actually had something like this in mind for a future project of mine. Not ideal for public MP because of the addon requirement and the usual CQB tactics players apply in game but has good SP potential.

Icewindo, your tomb addon is so awesome that I have spent 8 month (1000+ hours) on a single player mission based on your addon, now that I am finished I realized when I save and continue the mission ground disappears. I want to upload this mission on all ArmA2 sites. In one of your Youtube videos you have mentioned that you have the fix. Please update the Tombs addon. Thank you.

Edited by K1_BI
Forgot to add a line