Sign in to follow this  
lucilk

Nuclear Test

This is a Arma 2 Nuke test

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Amx2cdi0Vg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Amx2cdi0Vg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(sorry about the music...)

1. it will not be an addon so anyone can use it everywhere.

2. Nuclear Range:

500 m = Total Destruction

700 m = Aprox 0.7 damage

1000 m = Aprox 0.5 damage

1500 m = Aprox 0.3 damage

It will probably be included in US Support Script pack.

Tell me what you think.

Is this the same as the ACE nuke? Either way, it's lovely. Just get an M203 round that does that and we'll be set!

Oh man Kylania you just gave me such a disgusting idea. Lol... I'm gonna make my M107 that fires guided bullets fire guided anti-air nukes. lol... if I can even finish it so you can aim it.

Is this the same as the ACE nuke?

No, not the same as my nuke for ACE2 - mine are B-61 bombs. Not bad though.

Getting the effects not to lag is a huge deal, you are really pushing the game engine on clouds this big. There is a trade-off between awesome effects and FPS that takes a lot of tuning - so anyone who masters the art of creating a smooth-running nuke deserves hearty applause.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Oh man Kylania you just gave me such a disgusting idea. Lol... I'm gonna make my M107 that fires guided bullets fire guided anti-air nukes. lol... if I can even finish it so you can aim it.

Just make the old Genie nuclear Air-to-Air missile then. Though you should know the blast radius was nearly the same as the range. :eek:

Or go with a Starship Troopers mod ( the book, not the lame movie ). Troopers had tac-nuke grenades - RPG style of course.

@Evil_Echo are u saying that the nuclear bomb that has just been released few weeks ago with a device that you need to activate it and all,, and has a some kind of red fire as a animation..... is yours?... well i know mine is laggy but hey .... you dont launch it everyday day, no?.

There is only 1 nuclear bomb i found for arma 2 (the red fire thing) and ques what.... i dont like it..

Mine is the B-61 bomb. You fly into the target area and drop it yourself. Takes a bit more skill to use than a scud . Not hard once you master the basics and use the proper delivery mode. I've flattened the harbor in Elektrovodosk a number of times during testing. :D

Check the teasers in the ACE2 thread for a pic of mine. It'll come out when ACE2 does. The code was written from scratch with performance a priority.

But as I said earlier. Grats to anyone who can master the art of the nuke, including lucilk.

This is the best looking nuke I have seen, and it's great that it is not an add-on. You mentioned it would be released in the Support Pack. Has this been done yet? Also, I would like to use this in a single player campaign, any way to get the script stand alone yet?

looks beautiful and very managable in a game enviornment. I can assume you need a beast of a pc to work with it. Would love to see it in a campaign or even a single mission. "locate the missing nuke before the 1 hour countdown ends. you have some leads to follow etc..." Would be nice to see a clip of ground zero and even have some good destructive fx like trees and buildings being wiped out in the smoke blast

any update o nthe nuke script yet? I'm busting to add it to evolution

ok guys the nuke is allready for 1 month in Us Support script but i will extract it and make a single script pack for you guys to use it.

in couple of days....

Thanks lucilk. I downloaded the US Support but I can't find anything related to a nuke anywhere. I am assuming it might be the tomahawk with the large explosion. Can you, or perhaps someone else that is more advanced than myself (about 4 days in of playing with the editor - getting good fast but still novice) help me get the nuke setup somewhere on the map that is activated by a simple trigger?