Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Symphony Of War

Symphony Of War

A Professional Sound Modification For the game Armed Assault

By ANZAC SAS Ron And Steve.

Hi all,

We have been working on this sound mod for awhile now and have gotten to a point where we are happy to release it .

I have many years experiance in the field of sound recording etc and was very unimpressed with the "dirtyness" of the Default Arma sounds.So like in OFP, we have made our own soundpack to use.

There has been alot of effort gone into making the distant sounds to give more ambience to the Battlefield.

Even more effort went into making the guns sound lifesize and strong.

Alot of time has been spent on making the game sound cleaner and nicer to the ears.It also has been designed with large battles in mind, so you will find the game will sound cleaner when large amounts of vehicles etc are being used in a mission.

The mod replaces the sounds of the Vehicles,Weapons and explosions.

As usual, we still would like to do more, but i am busy at the moment working with some Mod teams on various things.

So there may be an update to it at a later date.So without further delay ,here it is.

The Link-:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1783567

ANZAC SAS Steve.

First impression, firearms in general sound a bit low frequent, with a real punch, but missing the sharp high frequent sound I like about Fromz, Chammys and HIFI.

I really like the reload and fire in the hole taunts though, they are proper nice smile_o.gif

Imo the best sound mod so far. FDF sounds good but not real, Chammy's demo is still bugged, HiFi has high pitch crackling, FROMMZ' sound mod is way too loud (compared to VOIP - Direct Speech).

The only glitch is that the A10 is VERY loud anywhere, i would advise re looking into that one because its annoying.

Thanks a lot for sharing that one, i've found my "religion".  notworthy.gif

If the a10 had realistic soundvolumes, the you would hear it anywhere on sahrani, because the island is so small and the a10 is one LOUD mofo biggrin_o.gif

HUH That's weard my A-10 isn't like that, it ahs normal sound volumes confused_o.gif

I think the Reloading Taunt should be romoved and add good reloading sounds + M240 doesn't have reloading sound but only has Reloading Voice

I love the chopper sounds (especially the UH-60 and MH-6), very Blackhawk Down like and i LOVE IT!!!

I also like the fact that it's a small file, most are 100MB but yours is a nice 14.8MB :P, would like to see the hand eld rockets changed more instead of the slight changes, more specifically the M126 and Javelin but they all have that default sound in them still. Great sounds mate!!!

NEVERMIND....i never had it activated properly haha. i was hearing my XAM sounds.

Yeah man great mod. just louden the 50. cal alot more. wiht much more Bass added to it. i cant wait to see later versions  smile_o.gif

Note:

-M16 needs a makeover it sounds like a paintball gun

-M240 needs a makeover and i dont have a description for that

-.50 Cal Machine gun needs more kick. increase bass!

-Ak/m4 sounds great.

-sonic cracks are impresive, how about add some more POP! n CRACK! in the mix too.

-the Jets needs to me ALOT more louder. (su34)

-over all great mod!  wink_o.gif

The sounds seem great.

But I'm not a fan of the voices you added for reloading and throwing grenades confused_o.gif

They just don't fit IMO, they are repetitive and it's too obvious that it's part of the reloading/throwing sound. That's the only thing I don't like here.

But good work, don't stop now smile_o.gif

I made a video to show the sound mod, find it here at youtube..., might need to wait for it to process.

Regarding the mod, it's very good. Nothing else to add since it's already been mentioned by other people. But it's definitely my new favourite sound mod. biggrin_o.gif

I'm using fdf sound mod since it's release, but this is also very good.

If there will be no fdf update in the near future, I will use this mod for some time now.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Heya 's

Thank you all for your positive feedback and kind words. biggrin_o.gif

We'd also like to thank the various websites for the mirrors etc.

Thank you Very Very much for the Excellent video displaying the sounds.Really very much appreciate the time and effort you put into this.Thanks:D biggrin_o.gif

Kolt,

-M16 , paintball gun! C'mon its not that bad lol

-M240 ,I agree needs a litlle more TLC

-.50 Cal ,I worked this over and made it 100% better but forgot to drop it in...It's in VTE though...lol

-su34 ,Ill look into.

Thanks for your feedback and if/when there's an update I'll look into these things.

We are very happy that for the most part everybody is enjoying it.

Steve.

biggrin_o.gif

Explosions too low. 200 meter away and i didnt hear anything.

Hifi sounds like gravel hitting under car when driving is cool, but i dont like the loud wind noise when flying helicopters. Becomes too much with heli engine, battle, wind and TS. But thats just imo, maybe lower wind volume in helos. Bullet cracks are not really bulletcracks and would be nicer with pops, again this is just my opinion.

Much of the sounds were really in nice quality like stated and that was nice. Just some changes here and there and this soundmod will be great. wink_o.gif

Keep it up!

Regards

Alex

The M4A1 sound is just a little bit off.

you may need to lower the bass a little bit and make it more in line with the HiFi 1.5 M4A1 sound.

the explosions too, they need a massive overhaul, they sound good, but real explosions echo and create enourmous shocks that can be heard from great distances. a 250 LBS bomb for example could be heard from 20 miles away.Albeit at a great time after impact. small explosions should still be heard, and not just scoreted out of existance if you are more than 250 feet away.

Other than that, great mod and good work, I really like the AK74 sound, best yet.

M136's should be deafening when they fire. I mean an enourmous amount of bass. When an m136 fires, you know it.

Realy love some of your bullet distant sounds and incoming sounds, as regards explosion is it just one used on everything? I think its a tad bland to use overal.

I understand realistic sounds and not "hollywood" etc but that said I find the rifle sounds too muddy and "gated". Eg there is no reverberation tail after shot in the sounds very blunt and too short as if your firing in a small box room with sound dampening without any reflection, not that feeling of firing in the open air.

It doesnt have enough for me to be a keeper, but interested what happens later after feedback, I hope thats constructive than just negative only.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

I 'll explain a little regarding reverb/echo.

reverb/echo make the soundfile longer and therefore will overrun when multiple shots are fired with a hi firerate weapon.This causes FPS loss .It really becomes evident when running large scale battles.I designed the mod so it would run smooth when running arma like its designed to be ran.

long soundfiles are okay for corridor fighters but for large unit battle simulators there has to be a sacrafice somewhere and this is one of em.

Afew have said the guns etc sound a litlle "bassy".The mod has been mixed down using two types of studio qualtit montiors so the eqaulitsation side of it is fine.I would suggetst getting some qultiy speakers and by that i mean not pc monitors.As stated it should be ran theu a hifi or something more thatn just pc speakers if you really wont to hear the eq properly.

The explosion sounds not travelling far enough, I am pretty sure has something to do with hardware acceleration.The mod has been mixed more towards not having hardware acceleration running cos after asking around ,only about 5% of ppl i asked run soundcards.So once again a sacrafice had to be made.It should still work fine.But I'll look into it.

The ppl that are experiancing very little travel on the explosion sounds ,are you's running EAX?

Very interested to know.

Steve.

very nice sound mod, small too.

Regarding EAX I always use it. I didn't see much difference with it enabled or disabled

Quote[/b] ]A few have said the guns etc sound a litlle "bassy".The mod has been mixed down using two types of studio qualtit montiors so the eqaulitsation side of it is fine.I would suggetst getting some qultiy speakers and by that i mean not pc monitors.As stated it should be ran theu a hifi or something more thatn just pc speakers if you really wont to hear the eq properly.

This is a hard one anyway always down to personal pref. In all honesty this is a game/sim for a pc and to be honest that request is a little hard to ask seeing as a larger percentage will not be using stereo speaker, will be using some kind of pc monitors or even headphones.

I tested through actual music/studio monitors (K-ROK rokit 6 powered) and rather than "bassy" I would say the levels are lower than feeling your shooting a gun near your head and some top end wouldnt go a miss. I understand the reverb thing that realy should be an EAX/engine thing so I guess thats a trade-off so to speak. The "sound" itself isnt the issue though.