Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

High-resolution map of Sahrani

Hi,

I've made a big map of Sahrani out of small images, the result is a 6923 Pixels long and 5867 Pixels high map of Sahrani. smile_o.gif

Definitely "HighRes". But this map is 15MB big, quite a huge piece of image.

Anyway, you can use this map for planning missions, making wallpapers, add as a piece into your mission, etc...

SahraniMapPhysicalKLEIN.jpg

Fixed the downloadlink, <s>would be nice if someone else could find a second host.</s>

Quote[/b] ]anders^on:

Here's another mirror, direct and working:

http://dl1.armed-assault.de/screenshots/sahrani_hires_physical.zip

SahraniMap (HighRes&Physical) - 15,0 MB (@Uploadpower.com)

SahraniMap (HighRes&Physical) - 15,0 MB (@Filefactory (Seems not to work...)

Happy Use!

You'd think they add a map with the game disk.. Sort of like R* used to do for GTA. A nice relief map would have been nice.

Very well done, Mondkalb. smile_o.gif

Now I just need a A1 plotter.

Thanks,

Two Sahrani posters? Huh?

And by the way: Could you please fix the threadname? I didn't expect that blank character to be there in that "map".

The requested URL /armed-tactics/AT/SahraniMap(HighRES&Physical).zip was not found on this server.

and

---------------------------

Warning

No archives found

OK

well the download works fine for me.

Nice work Mondkalb. Good Idea quite usefull

This is just radical. When I go back to work this monday I'll print this map out in A0 format and hang it on the wall beside my computer.

Thanks for this. biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Come to think of it I'll kill two birds with one stone: I'll be able to navigate without having to switch to map view while in-game, and I'll also be able to practice navigation.

smile_o.gif Thanks a lot for your efforts on the map! I don't have a printer that can print it out in the size I want, but it'll be useful for planning out missions! thumbs-up.gif

Abs

I can't get the link to work either, but thanks for the effort Mondkalb I can see this being very usefull.   smile_o.gif

I'll host it if someone mail it to me to big @ armaholic.com

or use msn contact info

I guess your arcor traffic has reached it's limit, isn't it? I thought you had a traffic barrier of 1 GB... didn't access to my arcor webspace for a long time..

anyway, I'm waiting for someone to come up with another download =)

Now I just need a A1 plotter.

In most copyshop's they will be able to print it out for you.

Great stuff !! biggrin_o.gif, now i will need to plot it on my work, and use it as real wall paper @ home.

Nice! This is something really neat, you can now play in window mode and if you've drawn a plan on the map you can have the map with you at all times! No more waiting for the damn loading when going into map view.

Nice work Mondkalb, appreciated!

Quote[/b] ]No more waiting for the damn loading when going into map view.

I don't understand this problem? Myself have quite low loading delay going in/out of the map and don't feel it's a problem. I'm talking about a couple of seconds for me and if I stand still (i.e not fly/drive) it's almost instant but I undertstand that some of you experience much longer delays?

BTW, my current computer is far from a beast... an old AMD XP 2600+ with 1+ GB RAM and 6600GT 256 MB running ArmA @1280x960 mid/low settings, while not at blazing FPS it's good enough for me at the moment.

/KC

Got an AMD Athlon 2600+, 512mb RAM and ATI Radeon 9700pro. The map delay has been quite frustrating during online play, while getting back from the map I've been shot quite a few times. The delay can get as high as 7 seconds.

I asked my IrfanView a couple of things. Attention to everyone who is really planning to print this map:

The size of 6923 x 5867 px is:

244.2 x 207.0 cm; 96.2 x 81.5 inches

Perhaps you scale the image down before you hang the map into your room. whistle.gif

Well, here's a list of pixelsizes for a normal size:

2835 x 2402 px will result in

100.0 x 84,75 cm; 39,37 x 39,37 x 33,365 inches

4252 x 3603 px will result in

150.0 x 127,12 cm; 59,055 x 50,047 inches

5400 x 4576 px will result in

190,5 x 161,44 cm; 75 x 63,56 inches

3600 x 3051 px will result in

127 x 107,63 cm; 50 x 42,373 inches

Have fun when buying new ink... icon_rolleyes.gif

I made my own right away so I could continue to design PMC missions for Sahrani, it came to 4186x3737 resolution and was missing Rahmadi and few other small isles, also was having some seams not so good.

Your map is even larger with more detail and without any errors that I could see on quick overview. Very nice job, I'll start to use this now to design my missions and the next PMC First Fight mission will be designed using this image. Thank you very much, this is appreciated.

PMC Tactical - http://tactical.nekromantix.com

Yeah, ingame (editor) map is not good enough for mission design, many rocks/trees are not drawn, not to mention other stuff.