Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

PMC Character/Weapon Replacement [CO]

So, here's a small replacement for the PMC DLC/PMC Lite.

It'll replace the PMC units with Schnapsdrosels great Merc units :bounce3: . Also in a second pbo the M8s will get replaced by other weapons (from OA/ArmA2).

This is modular, so you can replace only the weapons, just the characters or both.

Faces (for PMC Lite) are not replaced yet, might add another pbo for that soon.

PMC Replacer V 1.0

============================

by Icewindo

This replacement package will replace the PMC units with units from Schnapsdrosels great Merc package and/or replace the weapons (modular).

This file includes 2 pbo files. One to replace the characters and one to replace the M8 weapons with G36s, M4s, Scars and M16s. Chose both or just one of these.

replace_pmc_units.pbo

-> Will replace all PMC units

replace_pmc_weps.pbo

-> Will replace the M8 weapons

Credits

=============

Thanks to BIS for a great game.

Thanks to Schnapsdrosel for his nice units

Thanks to Mr Burns for config help :)

Download the replacement package V 1.01:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13097

Thanks for the Mirrors :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1rbpmh05sw11pj

Updated:

V 1.01

- added more variety to special characters
- some wound rvmats entry fixed
- removed not needed cfgidenties entries

Requirements

Schnapsdrosels Mercs + BlackOps + Insurgents V 5.0

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80944

Screenshot

(click)

Clipboard02-38.jpg

Edited by Icewindo

Nice! I was just thinking that someone should do this today, especially the weapons.

Is there something wrong with Asano's mouth in that picture, or is it just me? :D

Just to point out - people who own ArmA2 don't need a weapon replacement config (unless they want mercs being armed with M4s/SCARs/etc right away) because all XM8s are high-res by default.

Just tried this out, is there a reason all of Team Sword, aside from Dixon, have the same shirt? Is there also a reason Dixon doesn't have the right face? Otherwise, it's pretty cool - like PMC 2.0. :D

Thanks for the Mirrors :bounce3:

I agree. Is it possible to add more variety to that little detail?
Just tried this out, is there a reason all of Team Sword, aside from Dixon, have the same shirt? Is there also a reason Dixon doesn't have the right face? Otherwise, it's pretty cool - like PMC 2.0. :D

Ok, I added some more different models to the special characters now, initially I gave them just individual headgear.

I also removed all but Reynolds cfgIdentities entry, so face errors shouldâ„¢ be gone now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1rbpmh05sw11pj

V 1.01

- added more variety to special characters
- some wound rvmats entry fixed
- removed not needed cfgidenties entries

Edited by Icewindo

thx

cool would be a weapon replacement with the R3R Famas for the XM8`s

i tried to edit the weapon replacement that u added, but it doesnt work, no idea what i did wrong :confused:

a general weapon replacement for the XM8`s with R3F Famas would be nice

thx

cool would be a weapon replacement with the R3R Famas for the XM8`s

i tried to edit the weapon replacement that u added, but it doesnt work, no idea what i did wrong :confused:

a general weapon replacement for the XM8`s with R3F Famas would be nice

Did you include the cfgPatches name of the R3F Famas into the "requiredAddons" entry of the replacement pack?

I had the same problem with the non-appearing replacements, but after Mr. Burns suggestion to include "CACharacters_PMC" (the central pmc character file) it worked all well :bounce3: .

Do the back packs work on these units?

Yep, backpacks can be used, but will not appear visually on the models.

That would require editing the models, an unlikely task, since afaik all the soldier models in the merc pack are ArmA2 models.

So wait, this replaces the weapons with the PMC DlC ones?

So wait, this replaces the weapons with the PMC DlC ones?

tencharsofthefollowing

So, here's a small replacement for the PMC DLC/PMC Lite.

It'll replace the PMC units with Schnapsdrosels great Merc units :bounce3: . Also in a second pbo the M8s will get replaced by other weapons (from OA/ArmA2).

This is modular, so you can replace only the weapons, just the characters or both.

Did you include the cfgPatches name of the R3F Famas into the "requiredAddons" entry of the replacement pack?

jea but i think i may know the problem.

i think i also need to define the paths to the textures and models and stuff.... since the weapons r no default ones like in ur replacement and arma doesnt know where to take the data from...

i have to ask a friend for help, i dont want to clutter this thread with OT, but thanks for help anyway :)