Sign in to follow this  
Thats_Life 2.0

[Campaign] Operation Dutch

969457d7192ecc5b1050d8cea09b66f4.jpg

Description:

This campaign starts at Utes. You play as a US soldier named Johan Klaasen. Together with your buddy Henk Pietersen you work at your missions.

After two days your first mission begin at Takistan. The Takistany militia have control over different towns and villages in the middle of Takistan.

Your task is to clear this mean area. After a while the Takistany army get involved and fighting against them is necessary to keep peace in this area.

All the missions are made so they look and feel realistic.

ab1b4179fae0f5f458d56cc2687e4ab8.jpg1cac8e895b19e0348de1910ab4bdd795.jpg617c3ce6828f9b570e0942ec1d098fb2.jpg

Features:

- Story driven campaign.

- Full 2 player Coop.

- Infrantry combat.

- 5 playable missions (2 short intro missions).

- Story takes place on Utes and Takistan.

- Play as a US soldier.

- Start as a soldier and work yourself up to a corporal.

- Conversations in all missions.

- After some experience on the battlefield you get first aid.

- Instant respawn in COOP.

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Campaigns folder.

Requirements:

- Arma2

- Arma2 Operation Arrowhead

- No addons needed!

Download V1.03 hotfix:

Armaholic - Operation Dutch V1.03 hotfix

Filefront - Operation Dutch V1.03 hotfix

Changelog:

V1.03 Hotfix

- Fixed: Campaign picture didn't show up at opening campaign.

V1.03

- Fixed: Now the correct version number is showing up in the briefings.

- Added: the abbility to choose more weapons in mission Northwest.

V1.02

- Fixed: Various small changes/fixes related to version 1.57.

- Added: Settlement in mission Northwest.

V1.01

- Added: Mission Northwest.

- Added: Conversations in all missions.

- Added: NVGoggles at mission The First Fight.

- Added: Hint for taking Satchel Charge at mission Hunting on the Sanginakt (in conversation at mission start!).

- Changed: Changed some of the waypointspeeds at mission The first Fight.

- Fixed: At mission The first Fight, now you have rockets at start.

- Fixed: The briefing and markers were only showing up for one player.

- Various small changes/fixes.

V1.00

- First release

Alpha & Beta testing:

- Koen

- BIS Forum

Forum:

'>Armaholic forums

Feedback will be appreciated!

Not tested on a dedicated server!

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Tried your mini campaign it is nicely done, appreciated the efforts put into the scenery; no bugs so far. Enjoyed the fights, maybe it lacks some dialogs and cut-scenes, but this is a really good base to build upon. Sweet infantry oriented campaign, with dynamic infantry movements not just your usual MOVE waypoints, found the battles balanced and loved the urban combat.

On the minus point maybe too much music sometimes, keep up the good work cheers! ;)

Thanks man. The dialogs and cutscenes are new for me, but I can try something like that in the future. This is my first arma game and I love it. So everything a want to make is new for me.

I'm working on a next mission now. Don't know when it's ready. But I'll shall keep your feedback in mind ;)

Greetz,

Thats_Life 2.0

Just can qoute Katrician.It needs some little fixes here and there but I like the way you made it,like the first intro mission.

Very great ambiance.

:thumb:

Just can qoute Katrician.It needs some little fixes here and there but I like the way you made it,like the first intro mission.

Very great ambiance.

:thumb:

Thanks. May I ask what kind of little fixes need to be done?

Update: Thanks to Big there's also a armaholic mirror added...

Thank you for this - I'll try it out and let you know what I thought. I especially appreciate that it doesn't require extra addons.

looks good. problem -

but parked the car and all i am doing is running around airport stuck in 1st mission. mission does not progress even on superfast mode.

@ Twisted: There's a waypoint in a building on the right when you park the car. You need to enter the building.

Let me know if that works.. Because I don't have the same problem at this moment.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

this campaign so far, has been the best arma 2 experience I've had yet. THANK YOU!

And thank you.. ;)

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Great immersion, a lot of work! Congratulations!

Objectives missions are simple. Waiting for the next :p

Thank you!

Operation Dutch will stay addon free at this time, so its playable for a larger audience.

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Played this in coop the other day, love simple sweep and clear missions. :) Only had one problem, the briefing and markers were only showing up for one player.

looks good. problem -

but parked the car and all i am doing is running around airport stuck in 1st mission. mission does not progress even on superfast mode.

I had to order the AI out of the car and then it let me progress. Just gave the AI the "Next Waypoint" command and it progressed from there.

I don't suppose the campaign is still supported, but for what it's worth:

1. We are two Scandinavian guys, living on an East European island, being conscripted into the US Army for an abroad operation. OK, nevermind, we've seen worse in movies, like oil drillers being sent into space to save the Earth from an asteroid :).

2. The 2 "intro" missions are a bit lengthy. At least end the mission when I enter the C-130, no reason to make us watch the plane taxxing, taking off, turning, etc.

3. The first night mission:

Apparently the US Army hates its Scandinavian conscripts. We are the only ones without NV goggles. We both have M136 tubes but no rockets.

4. The first night mission:

Also, either you forgot to put in the "Night Movie Filter", or you intently put in the Day filter so that everything looks neon-blue-green, like in some drug-induced hallucinations. It is the first mission where I was eagerly awaiting for someone to get shot on our side so I can take his NV goggles. Green-black is still better than the psychedelic "normal" lighting ;).

5. The first night mission:

The unit commander gives orders to "move 500m". Then he proceeds to WALK on the first 300-400m, then rush to contact. The end result is that we come into contact with the enemy completely out of breath and can't shoot properly in the first crucial seconds. He should do the opposite, i.e. first run, then slowly advance to contact. Or if this behaviour is pre-programmed, have him give orders by steps of 100m, not 500m.

6. The 4th mission. I know you made it so the 2nd objective where we need satchel charges only appears after we finish the first one, just to annoy the player ;). No seriously, it IS annoying. When receiving an order to go chase a sniper, the last thing one thinks about is to take a couple of satchel charges to weigh him down while he rushes up a mountain :).

You really make me laugh.. :D

Yeah well on the most parts your right..

But The first Fight was my first mission to make. Damm, there was so much to learn...

The NVgoggles. I didn't get them off by the AI. Maby A bug in 1.54. I don't know.

Same with the launchers. No way I get a rocket in that stupid tube. But he, by the planecrash you can get the ammo.. ssst ;)

The waypoints were a bit off a hell. But if you shoot the ememy before he hit you and your team, there's no problem. :rolleyes:

I still want to support this campaign, but I don't have the time and didn't get much complains. But this all is noted. Someday there will be new version I think..

Thanks for the great read. :yay:

And sorry for my english.. :o

Edit: I'm sorry but The Netherlands lies on the left of Germany... But hey there is snow here at the moment..

I did not put in a filter. It is early morning! and not a night mission. Night = fight.

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Okay to let you all know who's interested.

The next update is coming up. Changelog below.

Bussy at testing :bounce3:

Changelog:

----------------------

V1.01

- Added: Mission Northwest.

- Added: Conversations in all missions.

- Added: NVGoggles at mission The First Fight.

- Added: Hint for taking Satchel Charge at mission Hunting on the Sanginakt (in conversation at mission start!).

- Changed: Changed some of the waypointspeeds at mission The first Fight.

- Fixed: At mission The first Fight, now you have rockets at start.

- Fixed: The briefing and markers were only showing up for one player.

- Various small changes/fixes.

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

looks good. problem -

Was having the same prob, and I played on veteran with no waypoint and no subtitles shown. Took quite a while to enter every available building just to get the mission ended.

Maybe add some recruiting officers or some kind of activity around that building will help player to better spot that building need entering?

Another question I have is..

1. When the player enters a copter it will get it's view "fixed" till the copter unload the player. Is this intentional?

Great campaign so far. Thanks

Operation Dutch has been updated to version 1.01.

Download links added at first page. Also Edited the first post...

Enjoy...

Hi!

In the 4th mission: Hunt.......

Not getting any ammo in the ammo crate, tanks nor trucks.

Using GL4, SLX and Zeus.

Will trying reverting mission 4 without GL4 this time.

EDIT:

OK, found the problem...............@ASR

This mod was allowing the AI squads to load up and hog all the ammo from the crate at start of mission.

Restarted back with GL4 and SLX

Hope this helps others................

Edited by Kommiekat

Nice campaign. Played it as Co-2.

- Dialog does not appear on the on the non-server member's screen.

- When its time to leave Utes, I board the C-130 for Takistan, but get kicked off the plane as the other squad members come on because it is overloaded, leaving me on the Tarmac. I cannot get back into the plane. I run and get into a white Mi helicopter, and then I receiving orders from the squad leader to get into the chopper. The chopper had a pilot, but he did not want to take off. I finished that mini-mission at the Utes Air Base with a Shift-Num(-)-endmission.

- Another major glitch I noticed was when the last mission was saved (close to the end, I think), the revert did not continue with the save point, but reverted to the main US Marine airbase in Takistan, with the dialog from the remainder of the mission playing on-screen. I'm not sure how it ends or how we all got back to base, but all in all, a nice play.

- Would be nice if you added a twist, like we get cut off by the insurgents and have to fight our way back to base, looting the fallen for weapons and ammo.

There should be more co-op campaigns like this!

Edited by MissionCreep