Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Enb Series for ArmA 2 or OA [GFX Mod]

Ok, the first alpha of the Enb series contains HDR Bloom Effects, Sharper Image, Ambient Occlusion, Higher Texture Resolution at lower 3d Resolutions, Real-time lighting and shading for objects. What it does is gives the gama a curve for more intensive color and then multiplies the sharpness to a percentage to give it a more realistic feel that the game it self does not achieve alone with the Brightness up and Gamma down. Basically when you have your Brightness up at max and Gamma down at lowest the ENB Series mod will add more light to the light areas of the game and add less dark to the darker areas of the game. And then the sharpening tool embosses the image by 50%. First of all, if your computer has rendering speed problems where objects load extremely slow. I suggest you do not use enbseries, because it will look very bad with blurry unrendered objects and a extremely sharp image. Second of all, I suggest you figure out if you can play with the Ambient Occlusion aspect of the mod first. Ambient Occlusion takes up video resources very easily, therefor I am almost afraid to actually enable it. All settings are changable at your own will, so if you have any ideas you want to do to this mod. You can do them any way, any how. If you are looking for the best color brightness and darkness, turn your Brightness 100% max and your Contrast 0% [off]. It should bring out the correct color, and if it is too bright or red just turn off the mod. Remember people, this is the alpha version and I am absolutely not 100% sure this is really what I had earlier. Some things are a little sketchy like the text double imaging, thats one of the few glitches I know as of now. So enjoy guys, well hopefully you will enjoy it.

(You can config to your likings)

--Installation Directions--

1) Put all files in the ArmA 2 Main directory folder

2) Start ArmA 2 or OA

3) At any time you can hit Shift + F12 to activate or deactivate the mod

4) In order to get the correct specified coloration you need to turn the brightness 100% max and the contrast 0% [off] *This sharpens color out*

[Extra Steps]

5) To edit the files, go under the enbseries.ini file to mess around to your liking

6) Go to http://enbdev.com/doc_en.htm to get information on how to change settings

[Download Here] //**FileFront Link**

[Photos Here]

Edited by DeclaredEvol

a vid or screenshot of before n after could help

Yeah, I am planning on adding one soon enough. But right now my gfx card isn't rendering very fast. If I could get a beta tester of some sort to help get that done for me, I would be grateful. But if you guys are willing to wait for a while I can add one then.

Ok, I need to remove the download. I don't know what happened to the d3d9.dll... I will fix it and the download will be up again shortly.

Will it decrease the FPS sharply?

No, I am actually running on a Nvidia 9800gtx+ and that is half a gigabyte of vid memory. It is most likely going to run like a charm, the most this mod will do for you is sharpen video image so you can see more detail. And provide HDR Bloom effects for bright and dark objects.

Will it decrease the FPS sharply?

Let see how it runs...

Where did it go ?

Edited by gonk

Let see how it runs...

Where did it go ?

Haha, I had a problem with the download... it will be up shortly.

This sounds realy nice so i hope you can fix this ASAP if it does what you say it does i wil even make you a before and after video and some screenshots, just keep us posted ;) BTW im using the latest guru3d (google) 259.32_win7x64 driver so i hope its suitable for this new driver aswel?

Ok, then I can't wait for it. There are many great sound mods there. So a great video mod is highly welcomed. Thus ArmA2 or OA would become more and more yummy!

Cool. Will definitely try this out.

Ok guys, the mod is now released once more. I have more plans for changes in the future, but this will do for now. Btw, the main thing you should see from this is the sharpening and embossing of textures. The main idea is to give a less cartoonish video game and turn it a little more real life. I am not the creator of this mod, but I done a lot of work fixing it up for ArmA 2. Since it was never originated for it at all...

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Looks very interesting.-Will try it after work.

Just downloaded the package to take a look for the enbseries.ini.

Are you able to create a description for some of the parameters? It would be easier if you want to configure some of them.

Edit: Something like this would be useful, especially the possible range for the different values are important.

Besides, are the screens in the package for comparison between default and modded status?

Edited by WillaCHilla

Sorry about English, but it is not my native language.

Without an explanation about "enbseries.ini" is very difficult to tweak to your liking,

because this file is very technical, difficult even to guess...

Thanks for your efforts, but the lack of documentation is a weakness.

May you be so kind to explain more?

Cheers

Edited by fideco

Enb for ArmA2 W00t!

Loved Enb in GTAIV as it looked so much better that way and still seemed to run better... until Steam just patched and it was useless and as it seems there never will be a nother update :(

Anyway, cant wait for a new version to check it out for ArmA2 :)

Edited by Shadow NX

A question.

After the game starts is the mod activated by default?

I suppose is yes, as i see UseEffect=1 in ini file...

Shift + F12 does not do nothing for me.

Cheers

For those interested here is the link to the ENBseries (documentation):http://enbdev.com/doc_en.htm

Thanks to Google..

Edited by fideco

I like the looks of this, but is there anyway you could release a Pbo version?

I'm not really sure to do with what I downloaded. It would be easiest if you uploaded a pbo version.

I don't think it's possible, at least from what I've seen in other games. It's meant to be a multi-game thing, and it needs files to be in certain places... It's not being read by the game engine like a .pbo file, it's more of a plugin.

Anyone get this to run?

-Tried it several times ingame + main-menu, but no visual difference or any noticeable effect for me.

Edit: -stupid mistake by me. Don't forget to paste the files in the right directory if you're using a beta-patch.

Edited by WillaCHilla

I like the looks of this, but is there anyway you could release a Pbo version?

I'm not really sure to do with what I downloaded. It would be easiest if you uploaded a pbo version.

Yeah, just look at the readme... I have it on the thread and on the download... otherwise it might be a little hard to work with. If your game still hasn't changed and you put all the files in the arma 2 main directory... I want you to put delete all the files you put in the main directory and put them in the dta folder. That should most likely fix it, but MAKE SURE to not have both files in the main directory and the dta directory or it could cause your game to mess up.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

A question.

After the game starts is the mod activated by default?

I suppose is yes, as i see UseEffect=1 in ini file...

Shift + F12 does not do nothing for me.

Cheers

For those interested here is the link to the ENBseries (documentation):http://enbdev.com/doc_en.htm

Thanks to Google..

Yes, I actually set it up so you don't have to hit F+12... which is for people who just didn't really read all of the instructions or doesn't understand things to well. Most likely I figure people will catch on to it, as long as you are seeing Enb Series at the top of your main menu you are fine.