Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Vote your best contributing fellow poster in 2002!

2002 was a year of strong growth for the Flashpoint forums. An influx of new members early in the year, and the release of Resistance saw further growth. And this has contributed to the richness of discussion and debate here on the forums.

And so in the spirit of rewarding the contributions of our members, the moderators have decided to hold a vote for 'best of' in four categories.

While there are many, many people deserving of recognition, Ikonboard only allows 10 entries for each poll. And so after lengthy discussions, the top 10 members in each category were decided by the mods, and shall be voted on by the forum members.

This poll is for:

Best contributor: the category recognizes the members who contributed to the forum in other manners, by supplying numerous intriguing materials, as well as perspectives, and  informations that enriched contents of the forum.

Why did we choose the above choices?

USSoldier11B is probably the best proof that US grunts are not mindless robots, but humans like you and I, always providing an interesting point of view on issues.

With his background in the German military and love for the game, Balschoiw is a welcome addition to the forums.

Tex[uSMC] is very popular with a lot of members, a master of sarcasm and a spokesperson of a very succusful OFP clan. Add to this his wit and cheek and you have a person that would be welcome at any forum on the net.

Oligo, whilst coming from a very cold country, certainly isn't a cold individual and his conduct on the forums and his manner of speech are all well regarded

SpaceAlex usually keeps a low-key profile on the forums, but his contributions are always of very high quality.

When bn880 isn't participating in a debate in OT, he helps around in the Mission Editing forum where he gives invaluable support for both scripting gurus and newbies.

Major Fubar is a prominent figure in Off-Topic and Addons+Mods mostly, his enthusiasm for the game and the community are encouraging and very welcome.

Akira is known in discussions to choose his own ways against the main stream, and he does it very well and is a well respected member of the community.

Mister Frag is an inexhaustable source of interesting materials and his knowledge and expertise is more then welcome on this board.

Tovarish has always been a source of interesting posts and is held in high regard by all forum members.

and me ? tounge.gif j/k

i vote for balschow , nice fellow german army man smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 04 2003,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i vote for balschow , nice fellow german army man smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i'm refraining from making a comment here....can't help laughing..... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 04 2003,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 04 2003,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i vote for balschow , nice fellow german army man smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i'm refraining from making a comment here....can't  help laughing..... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

bn880, for taking Mission Editing to a whole new level IMHO (The Working Mission Novoga, that new unit stack, ect)

"major fubar" resounds in my head whenever the words flashpoint/ofp and community are mentioned.. luckily my dreams are still safe

wink.gif

4 categories and not one nomination.

Nobody loves me. icon_cry.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean, thanks for the votes. <span id='postcolor'>

Oh, don't thank me, I didn't vote for you. icon_wink.gif

I gotta vote Fubar although b88 [the one with Einstien pic] is a close runner up. Yes AsualtCan was robbed probably. sad.gif Oh but Swiezer in that Stuntman thread and other threads was a luagh riot. Fubar's constanly changing picture at the left hand side of my screen cause me cunvulsions of laughter wondering what next. BTW. Is that robot from the Terminator movies? LOL. Fubar gets the vote. Sorry everone else. It was a tough choice though. biggrin.gif

Renagade, you are obviously not having a good day, judging from your negative comments in every poll. That is however no reason to ruin things for other people. If you have nothing to say, then don't because you are only making an ass of yourself.

Oh yes. I am somehow allergic to comments such as: "tell me more" or "tell us about it", "write a book about it", "dont care" and "who cares". They lack a certain politeness and I consider "open ears" as one of the major preconditions to participate in a forum.

Balschow is one of the few germans who is capable to see the world with the necessary percentage of optimism and surely lacks the bad old german arrogance. Just like Fallen Paladin he is a good compangon to represent my country! Especially since those germans are rare, normally germans are the grunt faces you see in movies! smile.gif

Yep RMATICH, thats the Terminator all right.

Thanks to RMATICH, cassandra & SKULLS_viper, and everyone else.

Nice to know you're appreciated, makes coming here worthwhile sometimes. This is the first forum I ever joined, and I have made some good friends through this board.  biggrin.gif

Also nice to discuss topics with others who are into militaria and such...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 05 2003,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice to know you're appreciated, makes coming here worthwhile sometimes. This is the first forum I ever joined, and I have made some good friends through this board.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I would just like to say how overwhelmed I have always been by the qualities the members of this community have. Perhaps the reason is that a game like OFP requires certain intelligence and good taste to be appreciated wink.gif

I would like to stress the point that these lists of members that have been nominated and that you can vote for are about ten or twenty times too short to make justice to all those that post here. I have a very bad conscience for not including so many that truly deserve to be included. Unfortunately practical technical reasons are in the way. Those that didn't make the lists should know that they are as well very appreciated by the community.

Being a part of this community has been an invaluable experience for me. I have learned so much on these forums. A lot of it from direct input from other members but also from induced inspiration to seek out information and facts so that I could participate in discussions that are on a remarkably high level. I have met people here that I agree with in almost everything. I have met people here who I entirely disagree with and they have often through intelligent arguments made me rethink my position.

In all, I would like to say that we truly have a remarkable collection of interesting, intelligent and dedicated individuals in our community. They all deserve to be recognized.

This thread is not just a tribute for those that are on the lists. This thread is a tribute to every single member of this community that has contributed and made this forum what it is. smile.gif

I'm most pleased to see my name there.

Most new members don't really know me, because i was very busy with other things, and didn't have time to post much. I will try to contriblute more in the future. I'm not planning to leave the community anytime soon.

I hope this community will last forever. I'm sure BIS and mod makers will provide us with great new products. That's why i know this community will never die.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 05 2003,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Being a part of this community has been an invaluable experience for me. I have learned so much on these forums. A lot of it from direct input from other members but also from induced inspiration to seek out information and facts so that I could participate in discussions that are on a remarkably high level. I have met people here that I agree with in almost everything. I have met people here who I entirely disagree with and they have often through intelligent arguments made me rethink my position.

In all, I would like to say that we truly have a remarkable collection of interesting, intelligent and dedicated individuals in our community. They all deserve to be recognized.

This thread is not just a tribute for those that are on the lists. This thread is a tribute to every single member of this community that has contributed and made this forum what it is. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's something i was planning to write. smile.gif

Woah, this was a toughie..

Bn880 you my vote though, because you've helped me.. uhh.. twice tounge.gif

Voted BN880.

Who s picking these names anyway ? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 05 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who s picking these names anyway ?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wobble wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 06 2003,00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 05 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who s picking these names anyway ?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wobble wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i remember him smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 06 2003,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 06 2003,00wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 05 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who s picking these names anyway ?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wobble wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i remember him  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'd vote for him! biggrin.gif