Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

ah ok thanks

Could I make a suggestion though.

Some times in the heat of battle you may mean to get into the passenger seat but accidentally hit pilot not good because you get no time to cancel action and then ya loose your weapons.

Any chance say maybe give the person like 5 seconds to get out before he looses his primery gun?.

Thanks

Ola,

are there any plans on implementing the infamous and long waited for "Vig Javelin" by Vigilante? I read somewhere some time ago, that he asked Nouber_Nou to finish his work and implement it to ACE2

Early Arma1 Preview:

6X7L7cRS_hw

Immersion Preview:

uXA9AkzR29k

Latest Vid Arma2 Proof of concept:

qRatFycVmXE

Togehter with the CLU+Tube Option it would be awesome :-)

Very nice infos on his Website, including To-Do list and whats already done:

http://www.vigilante-systems.webs.com/#VIG_Javelin

Edited by mr.g-c

Having some issues with the new grenade throwing modes.

Select the precise move, hold down LMB to charge the bar to full and let go - grenade drops at my feet! AAHH! *boom*

Shouldnt it fly a little... well... farther away?

I can see no difference between "precise" and "drop" mode.

Am I missing something here?

Wow new grenade throwing how I use that whats the keys please

holy crap thanks I thought this was removed permanently I knew about it months ago then it was removed or so I thought woot of to test :)

@mr.g-c:

I was unable to catch Vigilante so far unfortunately. I think unless we get contribution from external source, we won't apply anything that would work outside BIS locking on system (cursorTarget or incomingMissile EH).

ACE 1.12 Update 2, normally scheduled for Friday next week, will probably be delayed, either a couple of days, or a full week.

There's a small chance we'll release it early instead, e.g Wednesday next week.

@mr.g-c:

I was unable to catch Vigilante so far unfortunately. I think unless we get contribution from external source, we won't apply anything that would work outside BIS locking on system (cursorTarget or incomingMissile EH).

Thats toooo bad actually... I think to remember that Nou received something about the Jav and other of Vigs systems in the past with the please by Vig to finish it and integrate it into ACE.

Damn, if i could find that statement by Nou again where he was telling that... maybe it was over on Dev-heaven?

Maybe you can ask Nou about it?

I cant find any server that have PVP with ACE mod ;/

Only those shitty Warfare and Coop ....... playing against sitting ducks and feel proud ...........

I think most people who play PvP are on Project Reality now or something.

I think most people who play PvP are on Project Reality now or something.
For the few people left, they might be.

I don't think there have been many (ACE) PvP servers ever,

but there's often 100+ people playing on Russian Arma Tushino servers though.

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/queryservers/show/86785

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/queryservers/show/305076

Edited by Sickboy

For the few people left, they might be.

I don't think there have been many (ACE) PvP servers ever,

but there's often 100+ people playing on Russian Arma Tushino servers though.

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/queryservers/show/86785

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/queryservers/show/305076

Yeah but try to sync with their mods using Yuma.......

After numerous failed attempts ( always files more than 50 mb are corrupted ) i manage to download em straight from the ftp but the surprise was that the " Serious Games Mod " was not there for any download ... And that was a Serious Joke

Someone must show them your magnificent tool ( six updater )

Other than that its so sad that ACE is not in a any PvP server , i really cant understand if people trying to find realism through a war simulation at least try to fight with a real opponent and not some sitting Duck . Im new to Arma2 and watched many youtube videos that have guys playing with ACE ACRE etc all this hardcore Realism mod that you participate in , with a Task to kill an Enemy that is sitting there to be killed ( Please give me a Break ) So much hassle and tactics and shouting in the radio so that you can go to the hot zone form here to there and this waypoint to the other ........... Like if you go straight you will find any resistance ( from the rocks .. ) .

I think ACE a very nice mod about realism played 99% by players that don't like realism or they have a very different definition about it .

Sorry for my bad taste but i was so happy to find the best FPS out there followed about how unlucky i was to find that most servers fighting with dummies....... Except Project reality (TackticalGamers Server)

Edited by zzecool

Anyone know how to get the ace revive system going for one side only?

What I am trying to do is make it so only a small squad of BLUFOR can go incapacitated and have a long respawn timer, whereas the OPFOR has regular ARMA respawn. I want to do this to establish a feeling of the players getting overwhelmed by the enemy.

Yes I could just add a lot of AI, but I do not necessarily want to kill the players throughout this training misson. At key points I will have the OPFOR take out 1 or 2 players and see how the BLUFOR squad reacts to this.

biggest problem is updates.Players cant join server and map makers pissed off trying to make maps due to weekly updates.Even when everything fine always something wrong with this mod - last time we tried use this map to play rolling thunder battle with 70 players and server crashed several times and battle which was prepared for 3 months was cancelled.Previous battle used FDF mod and even mod sux we played like 3 hours battle.

To many features and too many bugs.Nice mod but really sad that it unplayable for public games.

biggest problem is updates.Players cant join server and map makers pissed off trying to make maps due to weekly updates.Even when everything fine always something wrong with this mod - last time we tried use this map to play rolling thunder battle with 70 players and server crashed several times and battle which was prepared for 3 months was cancelled.Previous battle used FDF mod and even mod sux we played like 3 hours battle.

To many features and too many bugs.Nice mod but really sad that it unplayable for public games.

The update frequency has been reduced long ago to every two weeks, and updating through the official update method usually only takes mere seconds, minutes at most..

Besides, stable releases are coming out every 1 to 2 months, so if every two weeks is too much for you, you have still plenty of options.

For one you can host the mod yourself and decide when to update. (E.g Six Updater, AddonSync, or otherwise).

The updates should always be backwards compatible. If they are not, you failed to report it to us, and then yes, bugs don't magically go away.

If there are many bugs, which I doubt tbh, you failed to report them: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Bugs are often nearly faster fixed than you're able to report them, and hotfixes are often made available before the next official update, so you can enjoy them already.

If Tushino servers can host 100+ players without crashing, you should be able to do 70 just fine, depending on server and network connection obviously.

If there are crashes, you failed to report them, besides crashes are generally bugs in the game rather than in the mod: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

For example, v1.60 betas solve a lot of issues.

There are also several ways to improve stability, one of them is forcing equal mods by e.g Signature protection, etc.

Linux servers might need specific configuration once you reach a certain number of Mods / MPMissions, again nothing to do with bugs in ACE.

Lastly, you can always ask for support re issues, questions, etc; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support.

All in all, if you want to blame anyone, look in the mirror.

Actually I'd go even as far as saying that our Mod has a rather high technical quality, good performance (script wise at least), and is designed from the ground up to work flawless in MP.

Edited by Sickboy

you like to play with not fixed Bugs?

stay on the last used version...

you want make events? TEST the maps BEFORE the event and skip if needed updates

--

its on the server admin to make things like this not on the Devs

problem solved *BIG grin*

PS how you get the weekly update think?

The update frequency has been reduced long ago to every two weeks, and updating through the official update method usually only takes mere seconds, minutes at most..

Besides, stable releases are coming out every 1 to 2 months, so if every two weeks is too much for you, you have still plenty of options.

For one you can host the mod yourself and decide when to update. (E.g Six Updater, AddonSync, or otherwise).

Got to agree with Kotov12345 Yoma thing is always going tits up:mad: Then again this mod and all the work is free so thank;s for it. Just a pain in the arse all the updates

I personally think ACE team have done a bloody awesome job its not just a mod its like a whole new bloody game I love it.

Keep it up.

Got to agree with Kotov12345 Yoma thing is always going tits up:mad: Then again this mod and all the work is free so thank;s for it. Just a pain in the arse all the updates
The bigger question is why you are naming and using AddonSync.. (I don't see Kotov referring at Yoma either btw)

The official distribution method is Six Updater - well supported, active development, differential updates (delta patching - saving a lot of bandwidth on update) etc.

Large mirror network world-wide, updating should be flawless.

And you can report issues to the Repo Hoster, and or Software author..

So again, I'd refer to the mirror :)

Edited by Sickboy

Nothing personal it is only opinion of serious gamer and IT support for 10 years.

Players who actually play online will never write you anything on forums and not gonna report anything.They download and try play and if it not work they not try again :) Amount of such facts vary but average behavior stays same.

I'm not gonna make discussion here about I'm right or not.

Facts is here.Almost not servers and even some of them but difficult to play due to different reasons.

About Russians servers.They play organized game you need to be Russian or at least speak Russian and read Russian to play here. (may be changed now but not sure - not checked last year).You need register on forums and attend training and mostly maps designed to imitate real life.If you got bullet in head you cant re-spawn or speak on ts :).

It's your / their problem kotov, not ours. We offer plenty of options and solutions, that you / they do not use them, that's too bad for them.

Until a Mod becomes a job and payment is involved, that's how it is.

Free Mod, Free distribution (bandwidth), and free 24/7 support, and a report is too much? - Sad world.

I suppose you prefer ruining a 3 month long planned mission ;)

And I would beg the differ, there's plenty of people who report issues and want to be part of the solution instead of the problem.

http://dev-heaven.net/activity

Besides, as a server admin you can take on that job too, so really the ball is in your court. Not ours.

And yes of course you do not wish to discuss this, many of your arguments are false/exaggerated for starters :D That makes it pretty hard to win.

Valid / True arguments very welcome and willing to listen and improve where we can ;)

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

For stats, currently there are 278 servers up that are running @ACE. Out of 815 currently active OA servers that makes for about 1/3rd of the servers!

270 ACE servers are dedicated servers.

149 ACE servers are passworded.

Stats taken from a clean refreshed Six Updater Server Browser.

More stats are available at the Six Updater Portal too, but they include cached servers (cleaned up after 5 days).

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/nested/a546d346-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d?_method=get&associations=queryservers

http://stats.six-updater.net/queryservers

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods

Are they all crazy, or are you doing something wrong? :D

Edited by Sickboy

lol you continue arguing with me :)

Sorry you not understand me or you out of reality :)

I'm not battle organizer not map maker and not coder :)

I'm standard player and due to my experience and work able to look on problem by eyes of other standard player.

I don't need to know about solutions and methods or other issues :)

Personally I can fix any issues with any mod due to my knowledge and can help other people to fix but only on user level :)

Edited by kotov12345