Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

tweaked lighting cfgs for AiA (give feedback)

all of those screens look much better. it seems much more soft and blends in better with the environment. i guess just describing it as blue isn't very accurate. while especially the first screen looks kind of blueish in it's own way it doesn't have that agressive almost lilac/purple tone that makes the default look so strange.

i think you have great results just by changing the colours. so far i see no need to mess with the lighting. the sun is bright when the sky is clear. why change that? ;)

all of those screens look much better. it seems much more soft and blends in better with the environment. i guess just describing it as blue isn't very accurate. while especially the first screen looks kind of blueish in it's own way it doesn't have that agressive almost lilac/purple tone that makes the default look so strange.

i think you have great results just by changing the colours. so far i see no need to mess with the lighting. the sun is bright when the sky is clear. why change that? ;)

The lilac tone is a bit of a plague on Stratis. I'm hoping they do some work on colour correction and remove that from the water and fog.

fabio will this be intergrated with AiA so we dont have to download 2 files? if that makes sense :)

It will be once Fabio is happy with his result - giving him feedback will help him greatly for this.

From my side, you have a greenlight, from what i think and from the feedback i got, the cfg called "chernomist" is 100% an improvement from stratis default, i would recommend anyone to choose it over stratis default at least for chernarus and utes :-)

I think the chernomist needs more greyness. It's still too blue without overcast. The chernomist fits Stratis very well IMO. In Arma 2 it's more grey/white and that's what you should aim for. With overcast chernomist fits Chernarus well.

Please do not consider cherno mist, a 1:1 remake of the original arma 2 lighting, but an addaption of arma3 lighting, its something completely diffrent! Eventhough i would like to see how such a remake would look like, chernomist makes perfectly sense on its own, not because it does lookexactly like a2 lighting looks but because lighting settings are never an absolute representation of a ultimepate reality... its highly subjective what one could consider "reality like" since you have something like 24*365 different lighting settings irl and perception is subjective to begin with... also i did not try chernomist on stratis but unlike some people i do not perceive the stratis lighting as off, i think its well within the spectrum of how you will encounter small mediterranean islands.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

And btw the greyness vs blueness you are refering to, i suspect, is not really a question of colors but actually of light intensity, and i think thats a good example for how hard it is to quantify what people actually see or believe they see. I was mentioning earlyer in this thread that i was considering doing an authentic a2 style config, but that would be much more complex and also not automaticly "better" than an a3 style lighting for cherno imho.

I like it as it is right now Fabio. Cherrnarus is playable at sunny weather without being overbright. Good job and thank you.

Fabio one question can we run chernomist and dry/wet haze together or do we have to run them separately.

EDIT: Nvm found my answer on the first page.

Edited by Denco

@dry_haze reminds me very much of Takistan/Zargabad and would probably improve the look and feel of Stratis (although that may be a little biased as I prefer dusty/desert maps over mediterranean maps). I've messed around before using "ppEffects" to try and give the classic Arma 2 feeling to Arma 3's maps but with no luck. Looks like this mod hits that sweet spot.

Very much looking forward to trying this :)

Is there any way this can be released without being dependant on AiA? For our guys that don't have A2 I'm sure they'd very much enjoy an A3 only version of this mod.

Edited by GDSN

Looks great Fabio Chavez :)

How about a 2-3 minute 24h time acceleration video?

Or 2-3 for the different weather conditions :P

stop doing drugs and get this finished! we need it in AiA. or is it in there?

its a trippy business indeed ;)

im still working on another (final) lighting rework, this time including water and cloud tweaks but foremost i would like to create a new sunrise for chernarus but im really struggeling with that one, but i am getting there.

it will be finished in time, before the upcomming a2 porting stuff will take off.

i mistakenly uploaded this video, but i post it anyway, gives a glimpse at the sunrise stuff (which is subject to ongoing changes)

which sunrise is better the first (1) or the second (2), please give opinion!

Oh you terrific German you. You made the already impressive lighting for Arma3 loads better for Chernarus Fabio. Amazing job on the water as well.

Also that second sunrise is a lot better. Do you have any examples of how it would look with certain weather?

Wow, the atmosphere is fantastic! Reminds me of

terrifying mission. I can't believe how different Chernarus feels. Great work.

Do you make a version where the AIA is not needed?

Alduric is coming close to finish with is @A3CM, and it would be cool to have the possibility to use your mod with his ports.