Hello Günter,

to answer your question: Yeah, one readme would be the best solution, in my opinion, because you have not to search in different sources...you know?!

What you have done is awesome, every single readme is clearly arranged and full of needed infos - nothing is missing - a lot of work, but great. (No one should be asking silly questions after reading the files, hopefully;))

Just now i finished a mission, where i used your mod for testing; i wanna give you a first impression. I´ve used the COWarMod on default without the enhencements.

No bugs so far! Everthing runs fine and the gameplay is so much different and so great,too. It´s simply an awesome mod!

I´ve got a new experience.

Thanks alot!

Your "German friend" :)

McLupo

Thanks for your review McLupo.

Ideally that is what i want to do with all of the WarMod series, just have one readme.

If i get one setup for v 1.2 here I will post a link for it.

perhaps this has been mentioned before, but something in the mod causes gl weapons to be replaced by m16gl's and ak74gl's in thirdparty addons.

Hi arkengel

Thanks for the report, it has been mentioned before a while back but it was never fixed or found out what it was,

but only addon, possibly 2 addons I can think of that might do this is:

gdtmod_under_barrel_grenade_launcher_sights

tgw_gdtmod_glsights_extension

remove those 2 addons and see if that changes anything.

go into the @COWaMod \ addons folder and look for those 2 they are spelled exactly as above.

Update

Gentlemen and fans of COWarMod

I have been thinking and realized that it would be best for me and the regulars, as well as new folks to have a regular full version of COWarMod.

The mod will of course still be customizable still but the main idea here is to release a regular version of CWM like v 1.1 was, basically what all you have played with before.

Now I have actually a few updates for the mod and as couple of mods that I actually just got permission for a few days after CWM v 1.2 released,

so this version will include the latest updates to any existing mods, as well as new mods maybe 1-2 that i have just receive permissions.

There will be not much im going to do with this full regular version other then add and do the following things:

-I will be updating the All features readme

-I will be adding the following mods to the CWM addons folder:

AI Enhancement

AI Dispersion for Mounted MG's

ai heli control

AIPistolUseFix

All Round Defence-ARD

ASR AI

Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills

JED_ESS

Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon

SLX AI

TPWC_AI_SUPPRESS

ZGB_Choppers

zgb_gunners

zgb_stick2gether

AI Shouts & Voices mods

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

Radio Discipline

SLX Voice -(SLX_Alpha_Numbers, SLX_Shout , SLX_Dialogue )

Optional Tweaks & Mods

AI files

slx_ai

slx_ai_diff_armor_balance

slx_ai_difficulties

slx_ai_dodge

slx_findcover

slx_ai_identify

slx_helicopter_ai_fix

slx_ai_noautoengage

slx_ai_spawnskill

slx_ai_steering

slx_aiskill

slx_surrender

slx_wounds

slx_wounds_ais

slx_wounds_heads

=========

AI Shouts & Voices mods

slx_alpha_numbers

slx_dialogue

=========

Player Movement Files

slx_anim_at_lying

slx_anim_crawl

slx_anim_death

slx_anim_grenadethrow

slx_anim_headbob

slx_anim_holdsprint

slx_anim_jump

slx_anim_movetransitions

slx_anim_prone

slx_anim_steeplying

slx_anim_swim

slx_anim_turnspeed

slx_anim_weapontransitions

=============

SMK Animations

Keep in mind that CWM is still customizable, I will need to test these added files with the current files already in CWM v 1.2

This new version will be called:

COWarMod Full v 1.2

I will have Foxhound on Armaholic adjust the title for the download page for the current version to add a customizable light version.

========================

reason Im doing this full version is because its 100 times easier for me to just throw all the files into one folder write a couple of readmes and be done,

the customization aspect is very tedious , time consuming and monotonous, as well as can be boring sorry to say that but it gets to the point where

its so boring I just dont want to do it, so i end up not working on the mod and take long breaks from it as it just kills my motivation to get the mod done and released.

Anyways thats basically it, any questions, reports, thoughts, and or ideas, please let me know, i will start to work on this full version today,

and it shouldn't take me long to get this out, only thing I can see taking time is what type of response I will get from testing, and of course updating readmes.

all for now.

Update

Alright Gentlemen

I have some good news to report on the COWarMod full v 1.2, I had added all the files, updated all the readmes except one

which Im currently working on, and have done various tests.

I got to say the mod is awesome!

Im getting features ingame working as they should at least what I have tested, performance is pretty decent even for my computer,

only thing noticed was that the RPT had some logged error messages, basically the same crap as usual from inf stealth recognition,

the usual SMK animation, and then something small with ASRAI, nothing bad.

I think i will finish up on this readme, pack it up and release it, you guys will love this, I was having a real blast playing this,

I was having so much fun I forgot I was supposed to be testing! :computer:

I'm also surprised that i got some good time out of it normally my game would freeze and that be it, but probably because the performance is

better in this version that its a less demand on the cpu, cant say for sure.

I'll post again when i had submitted to Armaholic (today!)

All for now.

Hi Gunter

I haven't had a chance to play with/test COWarMod 1.2 yet but I knocked up a batch file to copy all the mods you recommend below to the addons folder.

What I personally did was

1) Create a @COWarModAI folder

2) Move the Customization folder to @COWarModAI

3) Put the batch file in @COWarModAI and run it

The reason I did it that way is because then I can easily start A2CO with either only @COWarMod (i.e COWarMod-CL Vanilla) or that + @COWarModAI (which should be equivalent to COWarMod-Full) so if I run into any problems with any of the optional recommended mods, I can just restart A2CO without @COWarModAI, rather than having to move mods from @COWarMod\addons.

I wasn't sure whether the JED_ESS Optional (i.e. jedra_config.pbo) is recommended so the batch file doesn't copy that. I hope there's no mistakes in the batch file, as I checked it a couple of times but it's quite possible I overlooked something.

EDIT: Just realised I can't attach files here, so I've uploaded the batch file to http://www.mediafire.com/?o19fjyr1cqj58zq

Hi Günter,

thank you so much for doing all this work!

Your mod is awesome, that´s for sure and a piece of solid workmanship, because i have nothing to report about bugs, or something else.

I´ve played my mission "Gotcha" for hours again and again with your fantastic mod and it´s like you said - pure fun.

Note:

What i have noticed: If i run the COWarMod v1.2 with the J.S.R.S. - Soundmod, the GL sight disappears and the vanilla version takes place... - loading the ACE SM all run fine.

Did anyone noticed that, too?

All for now..., because i´ll due on the testing range... ;)

Thanks once again, mate!

All the best

McLupo

Update

COWarMod Full version 1.2 submitted to Armaholic

@Doveman

great idea but I just built a full version of the mod today it has all the stuff in the customization

folder except a couple in the @COWarMod addons folder, when Armaholic releases it it will be available for download.

So overall theres 2 version of COWarMod v 1.2

-COWarMod Customizable Light version 1.2 (already released)

-COWarMod Full version 1.2 (Pending release by Armaholic)

note both versions are customizable but the difference is what you download and start out with is the

light version has files removed, and the new one (full) has everything in it like all other versions in the WarMod series

@McLupo

Excellent! thanks for the feedback.

I have a Full version 1.2 with all the files already in the mod to be release on Armaholic anytime now.

What i have noticed: If i run the COWarMod v1.2 with the J.S.R.S. - Soundmod, the GL sight disappears and the vanilla version takes place.

Really nothing I can do about that, its the sound mod replacing, but if you want to fix it then remove gdtmod_under_barrel_grenade_launcher_sights

any questions, thoughts, ideas, and or feedback let me know.

When the full version releases, I will post a link here, as well as update the front page.

@Doveman

great idea but I just built a full version of the mod today it has all the stuff in the customization

folder except a couple in the @COWarMod addons folder, when Armaholic releases it it will be available for download.

Yeah, I saw you'd decided to release a Full version but figured maybe those who'd already downloaded the CL version might want to have the batch file to convert it to Full rather than downloading the whole thing again. Unless I'm overlooking something that you've added to Full that isn't in the CL download?

Anyway, it was good practice for me for making different batch files to try out various optional mods, rather than moving them manually ;)

Ya theres a a few things I left in the customization folder, one of which was ess mod, I think that should be up to the player to add as it

say in the manual you need to read through and understand what your doing before you mess with it.

The full version isn't exactly downloading the whole thing again, you are getting a new version, I updated all the readmes that needed to be

updated based on the full version, and then there are files left out, as well as files added that are from every folder in the customization folder,

not just the AI enhancement folder. Plus the mod in its new state has been tested quite a few times and its very stable with only 3 rpt issues from 3 mods

which is more of a spam log then anything. so the mod is reworked.

Unless some bad errors, or problems, or some new mods and such come out before Arma3 this may be the last time I update COWarMod,

but dont take my word on it things can change so, Im just stating, i really dont see the mod going any further then where its at now.

Currently Im working on the COWarModACE version, and then after I will be working on WarMod for Arma1, and then updating A2WarMod for the Arma2 only version.

Any questions, ideas, reports then let me know.

re: readme file - if you like I can convert anything you have to PDF (I have full Acrobat version at work). If you can do them up in Word with links, etc great.. if not I can create links when creating the PDF

I like the idea of the "Full" version, as the customizable one was a little overwhelming for someone new to the mod.

Hey guys sorry for the late reply.

re: readme file - if you like I can convert anything you have to PDF (I have full Acrobat version at work). If you can do them up

in Word with links, etc great.. if not I can create links when creating the PDF

Good deal, we'd have to create links, but my idea is to have a readme that has everything from start to finish, so basically a description,

installation, location of folders,the break down of mods, ect,. features, ect,.

and break em down into linkable chapters.

But for COWarMod as I said in my previous post v 1.2 may be the last version I build unless some new mods are released, some bugs,

and misc are found or reported so dont know, but I do have WarMod for Arma1 that needs a readme, and A2WarMod Im going to update,

and COWarModACE that needs readmes or 1, so we can do those.

I'll probably put something together for WarMod for Arma1 as Im pretty much finishing up on the next version for that, so maybe once I get a

mock readme put together you can pdf it and set that up, we can review make any adjustments necessary and then go from there, weird though

I was play testing WarMod last night for like it seemed a half hour, i was having so much fun, Arma1 with WarMod is freaking ausome!

Better then when i first released it and any update after, this new version Im actually really excited about.

If someone would be interested in making a trailer type movie for it that would be great, well back topic on COWarMod,

I like the idea of the "Full" version, as the customizable one was a little overwhelming for someone new to the mod.

Ya thats what i had figured there is alot to the Light version, plus the full version is easier to build believe it or not.

Full version news

Speaking of the full version, i been working with Foxhound at Armaholic, the release has or was been delayed a bit as I had to make a

distinction between the Light and Full versions, so Foxhound is writing up the news for both versions atm and it should be released sometime this evening.

The Version I had released before which i had coined Customizable Light or COWarModCL will have its own download page which had to be built on Armaholic,

So to make it clear there are 2 versions of COWarMod v 1.2

-COWarMod Light version 1.2 which was released 3 days ago

-CoWarMod Full version 1.2 which will be released today

and the new version which is the Full version releasing today will have the existing download page.

Look for the release on Armaholic!

Any questions thoughts, reports, ideas, let me know.

Hey guys sorry for the late reply.

Good deal, we'd have to create links, but my idea is to have a readme that has everything from start to finish, so basically a description,

installation, location of folders,the break down of mods, ect,. features, ect,.

and break em down into linkable chapters.

But for COWarMod as I said in my previous post v 1.2 may be the last version I build unless some new mods are released, some bugs,

and misc are found or reported so dont know, but I do have WarMod for Arma1 that needs a readme, and A2WarMod Im going to update,

and COWarModACE that needs readmes or 1, so we can do those.

I'll probably put something together for WarMod for Arma1 as Im pretty much finishing up on the next version for that, so maybe once I get a

mock readme put together you can pdf it and set that up, we can review make any adjustments necessary and then go from there, weird though

I was play testing WarMod last night for like it seemed a half hour, i was having so much fun, Arma1 with WarMod is freaking ausome!

Better then when i first released it and any update after, this new version Im actually really excited about.

If someone would be interested in making a trailer type movie for it that would be great, well back topic on COWarMod,

Ya thats what i had figured there is alot to the Light version, plus the full version is easier to build believe it or not.

Full version news

Speaking of the full version, i been working with Foxhound at Armaholic, the release has or was been delayed a bit as I had to make a

distinction between the Light and Full versions, so Foxhound is writing up the news for both versions atm and it should be released sometime this evening.

The Version I had released before which i had coined Customizable Light or COWarModCL will have its own download page which had to be built on Armaholic,

So to make it clear there are 2 versions of COWarMod v 1.2

-COWarMod Light version 1.2 which was released 3 days ago

-CoWarMod Full version 1.2 which will be released today

and the new version which is the Full version releasing today will have the existing download page.

Look for the release on Armaholic!

Any questions thoughts, reports, ideas, let me know.

I`m having a problem in COWarMod 1.2 full everytime i try to run the game it gives me this error and my game wouldn`t start .Error = include file @coslx\addons\SLX.hpp not found .

I`m having a problem in COWarMod 1.2 full everytime i try to run the game it gives me this error and my game wouldn`t start .Error = include file @coslx\addons\SLX.hpp not found .

Same here! Will check the readmes again.

Edit: I didn't find an slx readme in the COWarMod folder. (Don't know if I overlooked it or if it is not there.) Then I looked for the latest version of COSLX which I downloaded from Armaholic and the readme says that some features require the hpp file. I copied it and placed it in a newly created mod folder named @coslx\addons. This folder has to be loaded along with COWarMod and the CBAs. That's all, but there may be a simpler solution.

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Late reply just got home from work.

Error = include file @coslx\addons\SLX.hpp not found.

stupid me forgot to put the hpp in the addons folder.

thing is its just a folder address change in the configuration file of 3 files, I have it setup for

COSLX which is in CoWarMod, thing is I forgot to update the same configs for COWarMod.

remove the following files:

SLX_ace_fixes

SLX_aiskill

SLX_anim_swim

Dammit, i got to reuplaod the mod, I never got that error and have no idea why, i have the same files as you guys.

just remove those files, you should only have the bottom 2.

Any more problems let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Edit: I didn't find an slx readme in the COWarMod folder. (Don't know if I overlooked it or if it is not there.) Then I looked for the latest version of COSLX which I downloaded from Armaholic and the readme says that some features require the hpp file. I copied it and placed it in a newly created mod folder named @coslx\addons. This folder has to be loaded along with COWarMod and the CBAs. That's all, but there may be a simpler solution.

Thanks for helping me :)

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Late reply just got home from work.

stupid me forgot to put the hpp in the addons folder.

thing is its just a folder address change in the configuration file of 3 files, I have it setup for

COSLX which is in CoWarMod, thing is I forgot to update the same configs for COWarMod.

remove the following files:

SLX_ace_fixes

SLX_aiskill

SLX_anim_swim

Dammit, i got to reuplaod the mod, I never got that error and have no idea why, i have the same files as you guys.

just remove those files, you should only have the bottom 2.

Any more problems let me know.

Thanks Gunter it works fine without the two pbo`s.

Ok great.

Hpp can be found at this folder address actually:

@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\Working SLX Files not in COWarMod

once you find it just put it in your addons folder, if you still get the error then move the file SLX_ace_fixes to the addons folder.

Anyways Im uploading an updated version to fix the issue for those that haven't downloaded the mod yet or for those that

haven't seen the posts here and haven't solved the problem.

Again i have no idea why the error did not showup for me as i have the same file setup as what you all downloaded, and

I checked and rechecked that the hpp is not in what i have, I have what you have.

i always thoroughly test the mod before i release, I'd never release something with errors popping up or the game crashing, or what have you,

you guys should know that by now from my previous versions.

Anyways sorry about this small issue, let me know how the mod is running for you,

if theres any troubles, or questions, please dont hesitate to ask I'm here for you guys.

As expected the AI mods which are now in the addons folder, make a huge difference. I played the stock mission A March in the Hills a couple of times and it was almost a new game. The AI is now fighting much more effectively. So thank you again, Günter.

One of the addons places a kind of bubble above the head of the soldiers and most, but not all civilians. Friendly and enemy AI have a green bubble, civilians a dark one. Two questions:

1) Which info do these bubble provide other than giving the position of the AI away?

2) Which pbo do I have to delete if I don't want this feature?

By the way, I know that you shouldn't test a mod together with other mods but I couldn't resist and loaded Kronsky's SupportCall. This is basically a kind of cheat mode which allows you spawn additional weapons and vehicles, heal yourself, etc. It works well with COWarMod and can be useful in long missions where ammo is rare.

worked for me too, thanks again.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Ok great.

Hpp can be found at this folder address actually:

@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\Working SLX Files not in COWarMod

once you find it just put it in your addons folder, if you still get the error then move the file SLX_ace_fixes to the addons folder.

Anyways Im uploading an updated version to fix the issue for those that haven't downloaded the mod yet or for those that

haven't seen the posts here and haven't solved the problem.

Again i have no idea why the error did not showup for me as i have the same file setup as what you all downloaded, and

I checked and rechecked that the hpp is not in what i have, I have what you have.

i always thoroughly test the mod before i release, I'd never release something with errors popping up or the game crashing, or what have you,

you guys should know that by now from my previous versions.

Anyways sorry about this small issue, let me know how the mod is running for you,

if theres any troubles, or questions, please dont hesitate to ask I'm here for you guys.

Problem solved ,thanks for giving me the exact location of the SLX.hpp it works fine now :)

Its an AWESOME, AWESOME collection, but it kills every single one of my frames. I play at 60FPS the whole time I play, but with this mod, in a large scale firefight, I get about 15 all the way down to 9. I really like this collection, and would love to keep it, but I dont know if the performance issues are my problem, or the mods'. If you can let me know, here are my specs:

- Ivy Bridge i7 3770K @ 3.50

- Corsair 16GB DDR3 RAM

- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

- PCI-E Wireless N 802.11 adapter

- Barracudda 2TB HDD

- HAF 932 Full Tower

- Corsair Enthusiast Series 650 watt

- DVD+-RW 24x

- GTX 570 HD SLI Super Clocked

- Liquid Cooled CHCW60

- OCZ 120GB SSD (SATAIII)

One of the addons places a kind of bubble above the head of the soldiers and most, but not all civilians. Friendly and enemy AI have a green bubble, civilians a dark one. Two questions:

1) Which info do these bubble provide other than giving the position of the AI away?

2) Which pbo do I have to delete if I don't want this feature?

Sounds like TPWC AI Suppression which is anyway still not quite final. If it is that, you might keep it - rather, replace it with the latest version - & turn off debugging balls & text markers in the user config. See the thread for details. TPWC AIS is a great development, fire teams now become really useful - as they should be.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Thanks for the info, Orcinus.

I read a little bit about this addon and watched one of the youtube videos. I do agree with you that this is a very interesting project and I will keep it, at least when I play in SP mode.

Am I the only one effected in frame rate? I dont see any other comments about it, and my computer is DEFINITELY good enough to handle ArmA 2, as seen above...