killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

I have CBA newest version and jsut ran sixupdater and IM up to date on ACE but now every time I load a map it says that it needs @XEH and and that i Have to have version 3.?.? and that I dont currently have a Readable Version Or something. I have a ton of mods and they were all working fine until now. did I do something wrong. I barely know how to use sixupdater But I used it and IM up to date now nad then I synced everything I saw that you said to install CBA over sixupdater but I dont understand what you mean by that. I took CBA out downloaded latest version which then gave me another error that said I dont have the latest version. SO I put the old one back and now IM jsut getting XEH needed. How do I install CBA over sixupdater Im not getting this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have CBA newest version and jsut ran sixupdater and IM up to date on ACE but now every time I load a map it says that it needs @XEH and and that i Have to have version 3.?.? and that I dont currently have a Readable Version Or something. I have a ton of mods and they were all working fine until now. did I do something wrong. I barely know how to use sixupdater But I used it and IM up to date now nad then I synced everything I saw that you said to install CBA over sixupdater but I dont understand what you mean by that. I took CBA out downloaded latest version which then gave me another error that said I dont have the latest version. SO I put the old one back and now IM jsut getting XEH needed. How do I install CBA over sixupdater Im not getting this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Delete all versions of CBA addons, extended_eventhandlers etc, spread over your modfolders, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16949#note-1

also delete the @CBA modfolder, then let it install with Six Updater again. Grab the new six updater if you haven't yet; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_2_0_reaches_Release_Candidate_status

CBA 0.7.3 Released! (This release is equal to the dev version currently available at six updater).

CBA v0.7.3

This release is, like the v0.7.2 release, intended for users of all three variations of ArmA 2.

Key Changes

• Internal fixes and improvements

Full documentation is available at DevHeaven.

Issue Changelog is available at DevHeaven

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

Dedicated server problem:

We are using CBA v0.7.3 on our server. Copied the Keys to both Keys\ and \Expansion\Keys\ (don't think this is necessary)

it's a Win7 64-bit with A2CO.

I have downloaded CBA twice just to make sure the download is ok.

Most of my clients uses Yoma to download the addons from our server.

Addons is uploaded from our gameserver so that we "know" that they get the same as the server.

Using beta higher than 77159, some clients can't connect. They get kicked out of the game and have to disable CBA to connect.

Do anyone know about this or have the same problems?

I would like to solve this issue.

EDIT: Doubleposting, same message as NoBrainer.

Edited by Rawhide
Doubleposting

To solve the issue, we'll have to begin at the beginning, and that is; details.

What errors are the clients receiving, what is logged at the server?

Please provide the RPT files of both client and server to start with.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues

If only some clients cannot connect, but others with similair configuration / game edition can, then i'd say it's a client issue - not using the right versions/keys/etc.

It's said that "It seems 1.57 clients cannot connect latest beta server. (kicked off)" - unrelated?

Perhaps due to the changed Signature protection - so if server runs latest beta, all clients need to too atm?

Edited by Sickboy

The message I as a client receives, is "You were kicked off the server".

The problem has only occured when one or more are connected to server first. I am not sure this even has to do with CBA at all, but I can connect if I disable CBA completely (clientside).

I can provide a client rpt log by tomorrow evening.

Strange thing, however, after I placed the .bikey in \Expansion\Keys\ on my client, the problem seem to be gone. Might be coincidence(?).

I am running the same Arma2 OA beta version as the server, and CBA 0.7.3.

Should be unrelated - also - .bikeys are only read from arma2\keys to my knowledge anyway, not from mod folders.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I've tried reproducing the issue but cannot. Neither latest beta or vanilla.

Please make sure the correct BIkey is installed - CBA stable release keys are not the same as the latest on six updater (dev).

CBA_v0-7-3.bikey is latest stable.

Edited by Sickboy

Should be unrelated - also - .bikeys are only read from arma2\keys to my knowledge anyway, not from mod folders.

Thats what I thought as well.

There is no other record than the "player disconnected" in the rpt

Thats what I thought as well.

There is no other record than the "player disconnected" in the rpt

The client RPT should hopefully contain more info then, what about the server_console log?

ah, I was just talking about the server. Sorry for not specifying that.

I don't know about what's in the client rpt.

I can't reproduce it myself, it's others that have these problems

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Please make sure the correct BIkey is installed - CBA stable release keys are not the same as the latest on six updater (dev).

CBA_v0-7-3.bikey is latest stable.

hm

I have that key. But are you saying that I need another one or?

Using cba_b148.bikey and CBA_v0-7-3.bikey.

Ah... since I got you hooked

We're using CBA, Zeus_AI, CAA1 with OAC Core and a lot of other islands

Edited by NoBrainer

I have that key. But are you saying that I need another one or?

Using cba_b148.bikey and CBA_v0-7-3.bikey.

My recommandation is to only allow a single version of any mod - the code signed with cba_b148 (dev) and cba_v0-7-3 (stable) is equal.

However CBA dev updates every Friday (if there are changes).

The current build is 149; http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/973db6b6-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

(key also downloadable there).

This Friday it will bump to 150.

ah. So I don't have to use the dev version.

Will try without it.

If you wish to run the 0.7.3 stable, it's recommended to have the cba_b148 key as well as the 0.7.3 key (the addons are equal but the keys aren't).

However once a new Six Updater build comes out, the use of the b148 key becomes less useful - because those running the dev builds will probably move on to the new one.

Finally, the latest build is always recommended - but I can feel the pains that go with upgrading - especially if you run a public server.

Six Updater and Yoma AddonSync are the answers to these pains though.

Thanks for the help Sickboy!!

Love the effort your putting into helping us retarded....

I found a lot of other things in the servers RPT, so I will bring it up to those who makes our missions.

Np :) And yeas - both rpt's, client and server, are very useful - usually reasons for problems are listed :)

I have tested a bit now.

Since I only can trust myself I have done the testing.

Removed all addons and keys, then put one and one addons with key back again.

I don't get a lot of sh*t in the rpt of the server anymore.

I have tested:

beta 77819, A2:CO, BAF, PMC, CBA, Zeus_AI and stmovment without any errors.

Of course is stmovment just client sided.

I can't find any errors with CBA. I think this is client sided error all the way.

Sorry for wasting your time Sickboy, but you did make me test this.

Now I just got to find the time to test the rest of the addons for errors.

hm...

we can't use beta actually.

This works:

call "C:\A2CO\ARMA2OAserver.exe" "-mod=Expansion;common" "-mod=@CBA;@zeu_AI"

But this don't

call "C:\A2CO\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OAserver.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;ca" "-mod=@CBA;@zeu_AI" 

The last "code" is from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

I have removed all -cpuCount and other important stuff.

Seems to me that I startup the server in a wrong way. I would like to get the beta running though.

Does anybody else know how I can use the beta with A2:CO, BAF, PMC and other addons?

Quick question that my Google & def-heaven search did not answer.: Is it possible to disable the CBA version checks that appear on-screen?

Situation: I would like a "NoMod server" to only run CBA+ DooLittle's AntiCheat System. But i keep getting popups of users that dont run CBA. To disable this i tried to delete the cba_versioning.pbo and this seems to work but now the server reports the mission file at startup and i'm not sure if this is the right way or that the server is missing some important file. Sorry could not find this anywhere!

@No brainer: Hope you solved this problem by now as i have this problem also: One of our members sent me this info:

-=XTRA=- tox1m:

"Launch ArmA2 OA CO Mods.bat"

"L:\Pelit\ArmA II\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA -config=Server\CO_Mods\server.cfg -cfg=Server\CO_Mods\basic.cfg -profiles=Server\CO_Mods\ -name=OACO

"Launch ArmA2 OA CO NoMods.bat"

"L:\Pelit\ArmA II\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2309 -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion; -config=Server\CO_NoMods\server.cfg -cfg=Server\CO_NoMods\basic.cfg -profiles=Server\CO_NoMods\ -name=OACO

• Put these and the Server -folder to the root of your ArmA2 folder. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ was yours, right?)

• Modify them to your needs. (Game folder? Port? Mods? Other parameters?)

• Modify the server.cfg, basic.cfg and the associated game profiles to your needs.

o (These are just copied from Kelly's Heroes Dedicated Server guide and the settings are from my test)

o Or just replace them with your configs :)

• Launch server with the .bat files i provided. For easier access, make shortcuts to desktop for them :-D

o Make sure that expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe is ran as administrator

 If you also try to run the .bat as administrator, it will nag about default profile. (The error you mentioned today)

From now on, both CO+Mods and CO NoMods would have their separate config files and profiles

Also, the servers would have separate log and arma2oaserver.rpt files

If you only want to use CBA server-side, then it's fine to leave out the CBA_versioning.pbo.

@larsiano: Sorry - no, still got a lot of problems with beta from 78413 and earlier. I will wait until next patch to check it out again.

For weeks I've been getting this problem and I've been ignoring it but it's getting too much now. Whenever I start any game, about a second after loading I get an error saying "You have loaded CBA, but something went wrong with XEH; please report to authors!". I'm running a number of other mods and I can't recall when the issue started happening, I believe after I updated CBA or MMA, it was so long ago. I've googled but can't find anything from pasting in the error message, and I've tried updating CBA and MMA again to no effect.

Edited by Nosedive