Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Latest Beta Patch: 72197

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[72189] Optimized: Frame rate stutter near complex walkable objects (like low rock walls) caused by grass computations.

[72188] Fixed: crew getting killed in vehicles driving from hill/slope

[72163] Fixed: Audio unsupported sample frequency error

[72132] Fixed: IRStrobe (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11852)

[72163] Fixed: Audio unsupported sample frequency error

[/url])

Can somebody explain this a bit more to me? is it the problem with realtek audio where you can just hear radio noise but no voices?

Edit: nevermind, I tested and still have to lower my sound to 16bits for it to work.

Edited by Cossack8559

The textures loading causes screenlag for me in this build. Gone back to 72107 for now. Ya know when you are in the iron sight mode and you zoom your look ahead? Laggggggggg. They gotta fix this so the transition is smooooooth. 72107 is loads better.

Edited by Shataan

There is some kind of "Black" Blur around objects as well as distant mountains,grass,bushes,rocks etc.

No problems for me so far. And no freezes like the 72107, been playing 2 hours or so with this build and it runs perfectly. We'll see how it goes.

Can somebody explain this a bit more to me? is it the problem with realtek audio where you can just hear radio noise but no voices?

Edit: nevermind, I tested and still have to lower my sound to 16bits for it to work.

i use 24bit on Creative X-fi w/o issue ...

might be problem with 24bit on Realtek

When you use the command,move there, the game crashes.Tried it twice,crashes every time..My frame rates went up w/this patch though.

My fps went up about 2 or 3 on average using the first benchmark. I have not noticed any "black blur" or "texture loading lag" but I will look closer.

I don`t trust the builtin benchmark just yet. My fps with it fully maxed settings no AA/AF @ 1680x1050 are 46 fps using the latest beta. But my ingame performance doesn`t reflect it. The earlier beta patch is alot better, but offers around 41 to 44 fps in the bench. *shrugs* Go figure.

Still get driver crashes with this release, on the new 258.96 nVidia drivers. I might just have to roll back to 197.45 and see if that fixes the problem. :(

Not sure about your problem, if its related or not, but to me it sounds like a fix for those "Unsupported sample frequency, 48000Hz" (or something) that sometimes fills the .rpt. Sample frequency not being the same as bit resolution.

What's the point of more than 16 bit audio bit resolution? Doesn't A2OA handle all its sounds internally? Without any hardware mixing or processing, I don't see how it can be of any benefit. Feel free to educate me.

There is some kind of "Black" Blur around objects as well as distant mountains,grass,bushes,rocks etc.

SSAO?

I noticed this when I played around with the settings in the Nvidia CP.

Either uncheck AO in Nvidia CP or tone down the PP in the Arma graphics options and see if it helps :)

Turn AO off in your NVidia control panel. :)

i use 24bit on Creative X-fi w/o issue ...

might be problem with 24bit on Realtek

It worked fine with ARMA2 but with OA i just get static sound unless i lower it down.

@CarlGustaffa i don't just use my sound for arma2 OA.. on my 5.1 surround sound you can clearly hear the difference when playing music loud... with 16bits i get a crackle sound if my music Volume goes past a certain level so have to change the settings each time i play OA. :)

I also noticed the unit I was playing had this 'border' around him, like a sort of blurry outline

Turn AO off in your NVidia control panel. :)

Yes the black blur is the Ambient Occlusion in the Nvidia panel, just turn it off and the black blur will be gone. I had that issue at first when trying different settings but the AO turn off made it go away.

Is the command mode problem fixed in this version? With Simple Support Module when I would use the radio menu and click "Cancel Support Request" - it would say "Hold Fire".

Still get driver crashes with this release, on the new 258.96 nVidia drivers. I might just have to roll back to 197.45 and see if that fixes the problem. :(
Have you tried to completely remove the drivers by uninstalling them(Add/Remove Programs), then going into safe mode, run Driver Sweeper there(http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html), then restart, and then your drivers should be fully removed and you can try to install new 258.96 drivers. :)

Have you tried to completely remove the drivers by uninstalling them(Add/Remove Programs), then going into safe mode, run Driver Sweeper there(http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html), then restart, and then your drivers should be fully removed and you can try to install new 258.96 drivers. :)

Yes, I did that whole procedure after they didn't work the first time. No luck.

Next step is to roll back to 197.45, I guess, though there is no SLI profile for OA in those. :(

On the one hand, I've read on the nVidia forums that a lot of people are getting driver crashes with the 2xx.xx series of drivers. However, on the other hand, I've only ever gotten a driver crash from ArmA2/OA, and have played continuous hours in other graphic-intensive games with no issue whatsoever. So I'm honestly not sure what is causing the issue. OA will cause a driver crash within probably 15 minutes or so.

Well, I still think this problem is related to some PCs only, because I played OA for hours with 258.96 drivers and no crash or CTD.

When you use the command,move there, the game crashes.Tried it twice,crashes every time..My frame rates went up w/this patch though.

unable to replicate, can you please provide more details

what units you trying to command ?

Is the "unable to look up and down when not carrying a weapon" fixed in any of the patches?

(Can't find where it was originally brought up).

Dwarden/Sethos,

Do you want me to start doing extensive bench tests on each beta like I was doing before? Or is that unnecessary?

I've designed a new helicopter test for Takistan that has a very small margin of error. Just ~3% so it's even more accurate than my last one. It runs for 4.5 minutes. I was thinking of designing another test for Zargabad to test driving through the streets for 4 1/2 minutes as well.

I'd also like to comment there a few over-arching performance issues for the new OA maps that I don't notice in Chernarus.

#1 - (Obvious) Is the extremely slow load times for texture maps. This also affects LOD speeds and is probably why some LOD's don't switch when they're supposed to (or at all).

#2 - When the number of air units goes from ~7 to ~10 (Takistan - have not tested on Zargabad or Desert map), the game takes a massive fps hit. It's a dramatic difference. I can't recall if Chernarus had this kind of response. It's not the same as adding normal ground troops, but an air deal. Is it because Takistan is so mountainous it takes a lot more processing?

#3 - There are some weird driving issues on the roads in Takistan. Not just improper pathfinding, but it looks like the game thinks there are obstacles in the road (where none exist) so the AI drivers stop in the road and make a big circle around the invisible object in the road. Is this something that warrants attention?

It's hot as snot in our house as our central air just broke, otherwise I'd take the time to write this stuff up in CIT. But it's 90* in our house right now and I can't breathe :(

...#3 - There are some weird driving issues on the roads in Takistan. Not just improper pathfinding, but it looks like the game thinks there are obstacles in the road (where none exist) so the AI drivers stop in the road and make a big circle around the invisible object in the road. Is this something that warrants attention?...

:(

QFT. Very annoying issue.