Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Yes, while we have not had any recent reports of troubles I will still consider Voice Activation spotty. We have NEVER tested continuous voice.

We had issues where teamspeak would get confused and not want to give the mic back to which ever mode is default after radio. This is more a TS3 issue than an ACRE issue. When we find a definitive cause to it we will report it. They love when we report bugs... :P

Whisper - just speak quietly (works wells :) )

Edited by Rafalski

Wouldn't work too well if the volume does not decay for the first 50m.

any eta for udapting the acre plugin to the new ts3 udapte ?

Jaynus already has it done afaik. They need to push further fixes etc to release the 1.0.6, so it could be out by tonight... :rolleyes:

yeah i see the fix for the plugin in the dev-heaven but i didn't know if they release tonight =)

so do i understand this right - the dedicated server (OA - not combined- non ACE) needs only CBA/CBA_OA and the userconfig?

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Any plans on Whisper/normal talking/Shout as in A2TS3?

None at this time. We think direct volume is well attenuated. You can hear a FTL, over fire, from 30-50m away.

any eta for udapting the acre plugin to the new ts3 udapte ?

Already patched. We are just not pushing until we complete 1.0.6 testing and implementation.

Dorph;1705987']so do i understand this right - the dedicated server (OA - not combined- non ACE) needs only CBA/CBA_OA and the userconfig?

That is correct. We are vanilla compatible.

To repeat for everyone else:

ACRE has NO external dependencies besides JayArmA2Lib and CBA.

Version 1.0.6 is now released!!!

Main post updated.

Changelog:

* Issue with JIP players sometimes not hearing players at all now fixed

* Complete re-write of 119 Radio logic using FSM

* Complete re-alignment and re-exportation of images for 119

* Complete re-alignment of 117F dialog options

* Text on the 117F and 119 now look more radioesque

* Volume knob/buttons on the 119 and 117F now work

* You now have "lower" and "raise" headset options to decrease your active radios volume quickly

* The 148 has been re-imaged and no longer shows as white for certain players

* Garbage collector no longer collects your radio from your body as quickly

* Compat for latest TS3 B23. This beta fixes multiple bugs and issues reported by the ACRE team which affect ACRE performance

* 117F programming menu for power no longer breaks the entire radio

* ACRE radios no longer flood and make the ACE magic box completely useless

I have a lot of problem with new acre version.

I thinks install in right mode, but is now impossible set custom frequency in 119 radio (numeric button, clr and cto don't work), i can change channel, but if frequency is 51.085 display 51.85 when in transmission.

The voice activation don't work ( push to talk work correctly).

p.s. in the previous version i have the voice activation problem only.

have the people the same problems??

thanks for your work and for your help.

Acre ver. 1.0.6.115 + JayArma2lib and ts3 plugin

Ts3 ver. 3.0.0 - beta23 ( build 11937)

Ace 1.5 update 3 with last cba

Just FYI, if theres a version mismatch Teamspeak 3 plugins window wont show ACRE even if the correct file is the plugins folder. Had this issue with 1.5, but I am getting past that step now. Finding any info on this was for some reason hard with google etc. Ergo the post. :)

"no plugins"

"ts3 not showing plugins"

Sorry to say ladies, but the new update hasn't fixed my white box issue. :(

the new action "raise, lower" increases the number of actions i have to constantly run around with, with very little purpose?

Hope this will be removed, and if dev's love it a lot why not put it in the dialog were you choose radio to activate.

Got my radio ingame..

http://anrop.se/forum/attachments/ra180_ingame.jpg

however, as you can see in this thread it seems like won't be any support for custom radios.

Edited by granQ

for me is the plugin not working did everything right . (acre_x64.dll)

it dont shows in TS 3 under plugins tested now with the normal dll also cant see it

Edited by Konrad1

I thinks install in right mode, but is now impossible set custom frequency in 119 radio (numeric button, clr and cto don't work), i can change channel, but if frequency is 51.085 display 51.85 when in transmission.

We'll work on this off of your associated DH thread.

Sorry to say ladies, but the new update hasn't fixed my white box issue. :(

Argh! We'll see what went wrong there.

the new action "raise, lower" increases the number of actions i have to constantly run around with, with very little purpose?

Hope this will be removed, and if dev's love it a lot why not put it in the dialog were you choose radio to activate.

We have gotten some push-back on this. However - we cannot think of any easy way to add a sub-second method to access this. #1 would be a hotkey (which ACE takes all the good ones) or add it to the ACE action menu (but not everyone has ACE..) We'll see what else we can try to come up with. People *really* wanted a quick way, without having to open up their radio and turn the volume down, to shut people up.

however, as you can see in this thread it seems like won't be any support for custom radios.

Where did you come up with this assumption? Especially from this thread? I specifically said in response to you:

We do not plan on implementing custom-made radio API's until at least 1.1. Our actual radio functionality in our main core addon's is not yet mature enough to allow the public to use it (e.g. it breaks unless you use it correctly, rather than error-handling).

This means we do have API's getting all set up for this (custom radios), we just are not making them publicly available until 1.1. They just aren't robust enough for random people that do not understand the full internals of ACRE to use yet.

ok i run the game through desktop shortcut and i get the error that i got incompatible version of arrowhead or it cant check version(jayarma2lib), here is the log

FAILED TO LOAD SUPPORTED ADDRESSES

the game continues to run and nothing will work, not even any keybinds(speaking of acre), i dont have keybinds set in game for push to talk or voice over net and on teamspeak i got voice activation, the plugin is also loaded in teamspeak.

i tried running beta version through its own shortcut i just added the @cba;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE into -mods and it runs just fine but nothing works ingame somehow..

while my other friend had no issues running it fine (he got steam version)

CBA 0.6.0

arma2 + operation arrowhead from gamersgate version 1.52(runs as combined)

ACRE 1.06 using installer

ok i run the game through desktop shortcut and i get the error that i got incompatible version of arrowhead or it cant check version(jayarma2lib), here is the log

the game continues to run and nothing will work, not even any keybinds(speaking of acre), i dont have keybinds set in game for push to talk or voice over net and on teamspeak i got voice activation, the plugin is also loaded in teamspeak.

i tried running beta version through its own shortcut i just added the @cba;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE into -mods and it runs just fine but nothing works ingame somehow..

while my other friend had no issues running it fine (he got steam version)

CBA 0.6.0

arma2 + operation arrowhead from gamersgate version 1.52(runs as combined)

ACRE 1.06 using installer

have you specifically installed the 1.52 patch? Gamersgate/sprocket say 1.52, but they aren't really 1.52

To run beta, you have to copy dsound.dll into the beta folder.

Argh! We'll see what went wrong there.

I'll try reinstalling, again and give you more feedback, it might have been my error.

We have gotten some push-back on this. However - we cannot think of any easy way to add a sub-second method to access this. #1 would be a hotkey (which ACE takes all the good ones) or add it to the ACE action menu (but not everyone has ACE..) We'll see what else we can try to come up with. People *really* wanted a quick way, without having to open up their radio and turn the volume down, to shut people up.

Just to add a point, you have to control volume from the radio in reality, I understand it's a pain to do it in game, but for realism purposes its what is done.

Some people might not have the ability, but one way you could hot key it, is by pressing a button (Control/Alt) and using the volume control on the keyboard, it's quick and easy and you don't have to open the radio.

Hope this helps :)

p.s. in the previous version i have the voice activation problem only.

have the people the same problems??

thanks for your work and for your help.

Acre ver. 1.0.6.115 + JayArma2lib and ts3 plugin

Ts3 ver. 3.0.0 - beta23 ( build 11937)

Ace 1.5 update 3 with last cba

The 119 custom frequency is broken I think. We changed a lot of code in it, including how to program the new frequencies (its based off of the real life process now) but even that appears to not be working.

The frequency issue we just found out what that is, which is very strange. It appears to be padding values that have a precision of less than 3 on the left, meaning it its 35.25 in the script, for the display it shows 35.025 instead of 35.250. :( Fixed it. Not sure if the 117F has the same issue.

Just FYI, if theres a version mismatch Teamspeak 3 plugins window wont show ACRE even if the correct file is the plugins folder. Had this issue with 1.5, but I am getting past that step now. Finding any info on this was for some reason hard with google etc. Ergo the post. :)

"no plugins"

"ts3 not showing plugins"

for me is the plugin not working did everything right . (acre_x64.dll)

it dont shows in TS 3 under plugins tested now with the normal dll also cant see it

Make sure you are running the latest TS3 (a new version came out yesterday). If you are running 64 bit TS3 make sure you are using the 64 bit version of the plugin.

Is it possible to get a click able button, X or similar on the radio displays, or outside it so we dont have to use the Esc key to remove it? Not everyone uses wasd when playing.

I also think the radio gui should have sound effects on the switches and maybe its looks be a bit updated, but thats maybe gonna happen later on since its a beta...

thx for update ! having just updated to 1.0.6 via six-updater and updated ts3 aswell to ts3beta23

=====

note in case of problems with ts-plugin: after having installed acre 1.0.6 and updating ts3 to beta23 with first start of ts3beta23 plugin-menue didnt load acre-plugin ... after recognizing this I closed ts3 and copied the new acre.dll from acre-1.06-ts3-plugin-folder over the old acre.dll (from 1.0.5) in \TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\ ... et voila, acre.dll is being detected by ts3

=====

I've noticed that the last line of acre_keys.hpp has changed from

"ACE_KEYS_..." into "ACRE_KEYS_VER = 1; //DO NOT EDIT"

some posts earlier I've read that it should be "ACE_KEYS_VER=7" (according to latest ace-version) ... what is right, now ?

no you can have ACE_KEYS_VER = 7 or ACRE_KEYS_VER = 1