Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

i thinks ACRE is not working for me. is my mod line right ?

@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@acpl_addonpack;@csm2;@gl4;@warfx_particles_beta_1.41;@jayarma2lib;@acre;

i assume those spaces were put in by vbulliten for line breaks, but yea, that looks right. That is a LOT of shit though, try running with just @CBA and the stuff for acre and add stuff in... tell us where it breaks if it breaks after adding the ACE stuff. We have had issues where things are not properly using CBA and breaking things all over the place.

Sure. Right click the shortcut/the executable, select properties and check the 'always run as administrator' box.

EDIT:

Ah, ok. SoftlyScream was faster...

**removed**

Disregard this message. Should have asked in the ACE thread, not the ACRE. My bad D:

Though Konrad, if you remove that ; from the end of the command line, it should work fine.

Edited by Pika

Hi guyz.

I tested the addon yesterday in A2 and it looks awesome but....

..i 've made a big mistake.

I tried to use it in OA and i activated it via the OA menu :(

So..now its impossible to run "vanilla" Combined

operations (because a CBA missing-kind error)..and when i run it with -@CBA

the built-in-game menu "EXPANSIONS" shows no other options/addons, except

ArmA2 and Arrowhead. :(

The only solution i found to make vanilla Combined operations run properly

was to erase ACRE/JayLib/ACRE usercongigs/Dsound.dll and DE-activate

TS3 plugin.

So my question is..

Is there any way to have again ACRE addon (for my ArmA2 at least)

without having problems running Arrowhead??

Thanks..

Hi guyz.

I tested the addon yesterday in A2 and it looks awesome but....

..i 've made a big mistake.

I tried to use it in OA and i activated it via the OA menu :(

So..now its impossible to run "vanilla" Combined

operations (because a CBA missing-kind error)..and when i run it with -@CBA

the built-in-game menu "EXPANSIONS" shows no other options/addons, except

ArmA2 and Arrowhead. :(

The only solution i found to make vanilla Combined operations run properly

was to erase ACRE/JayLib/ACRE usercongigs/Dsound.dll and DE-activate

TS3 plugin.

So my question is..

Is there any way to have again ACRE addon (for my ArmA2 at least)

without having problems running Arrowhead??

Thanks..

Easy way to solve your problem is...

Don't use internal modloader. Use either a mod-line at startup or use a launcher.. If problem still continues reinstall combined operations and try again..

Maybe jay or nou can help better but i think stop using the internat modloader.

Edited by Loggert

*SOLUTION FOUND* :DDDD

*FOR THOSE GUYZ WHO ACTIVATED THIS MOD IN-GAME*

1.Sent in "Recycle bin" the following:

@ACRE /@JayArma2Lib/ACRE userconfig/dsound.dll and JayArma2lib notepad doc.

2.Create 2 "fake"-empty mod folders with the names of @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib

3. run Combined operations with the 2 "fake" addons in shortcut (or launcher)

4.in built-in menu "EXPANSIONS" DISABLE those 2 addons..and let application

restart.

5.Close application and DELETE the 2 "fake" modfolders.

6.RESTORE from "Recycle bin" the ORIGINAL addons without maybe JayArma2lib notepad doc. (see no 1. )

Voila ;D

Edited by GiorgyGR

There must be a place where the game saves the actual modline though? Editing that could be a lot easier than the above process, if anyone actually knows where it's saved...

maybe over here ?

"c:\Users\UserName\Documents\ArmA 2\UserName.ArmA2OAProfile"

showTitles=1;
showRadio=1;
class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="@ACE";
	name="";
	origin="GAME DIR";
};
class Mod2
{
	dir="@ACEX";
	name="";
	origin="GAME DIR";
};
class Mod3
{
	dir="@ACEX_SM";
	name="";
	origin="GAME DIR";
};
class Mod4
{
	dir="@ACEX_PLA";
	name="";
	origin="GAME DIR";
};
class Mod5
{
	dir="@CBA";
	name="";
	origin="GAME DIR";
};
};
headBob=1;
sceneComplexity=300000;
viewDistance=1600;
terrainGrid=12.5;
volumeCD=6.5;
volumeFX=6.5;
volumeSpeech=6.5; 

There must be a place where the game saves the actual modline though? Editing that could be a lot easier than the above process, if anyone actually knows where it's saved...
What Rafalski said above - the game will store the mods you select in the Expansion menu in your .ArmA2OAProfile file. That file lives in a sub folder of the "My Documents" folder. For example, if you play ArmA II as "MyNickName", it will be in My Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/MyNickName/MyNickName.ArmA2OAProfile.

Open that file with a text editor, for example Windows' own "Notepad" and edit or remove the whole section called class ModLauncherList.

Edited by Killswitch

Hi guys,

your install guide tells me to install ACRE on my server by just copying the @ACRE folder onto my Arma2 root folder. But if I start the server, a windows tells me, some acre_config file is missing. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind issue solved :cool:

Edited by TiKilla

Now I've got a new problem. Everytime I connect to a running mission I can hear some people in close distance, the way ACRE should work. But others I hear all the time, no matter where they are.

Maybe that's a join in progress kind of thing? Because all other players in game don't encoutnter this bug, but everyone who is joining after me has the same issue.

Are you sure they are running the plugin to begin with? People that are not correctly set up will be heard by everyone.

Are you sure they are running the plugin to begin with? People that are not correctly set up will be heard by everyone.

Yes all of them are using the plugin from the beginning. It's allways the same, when a mission starts everything works fine. But as soon as somebody new connects to the server, some people can be heard all over the map, it doesn't matter how far they really are.

And as far as I noticed, it is hardly to reproduce this error, it just happens to everyone. Few hours ago it happens to me. All my mates, that were in game as long as I had been, could hear me via direct speech or via radio. Others who connected later, could hear me all over the map and my mates just nearby.

Edit: Maybe this is important: All of us are using following modline: @cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm@acre;@jayarma2lib

We've also tried to start @acre and @jayarma2lib at first @cba;@acre;@jayarma2lib;@ace... and so on, but this didn't solved the problem.

Missions: Domination 2.22 and Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

Edited by TiKilla

I' ve got a question for the TacticalGamer.Com,Shack Tactical,SSG Clan and other teams wich have tested ACRE.

How the hell do you do to get everyone up and running ? do you have extensive tutorials ? Do you take each memebers apart and explain them how to install ?

'Cause I've been trying to test ACRE with my team. And there's always something that goes wrong. For some misterious reson someone can't get ACRE to work and though we're almost sure he installed it correctly it still doesn't work. And it's very hard to identify the problems , because after 40 minutes trying to make things work and it's still not working people get bored and just want to play.

So how do you do with your teams ? did it took several weeks before everyone was perfectly able to use ACRE, did you have to make long sessions of troubleshooting with individuals members ? or did everything run smothly from the first time ?

I' ve got a question for the TacticalGamer.Com,Shack Tactical,SSG Clan and other teams wich have tested ACRE.

How the hell do you do to get everyone up and running ? do you have extensive tutorials ? Do you take each memebers apart and explain them how to install ?

'Cause I've been trying to test ACRE with my team. And there's always something that goes wrong. For some misterious reson someone can't get ACRE to work and though we're almost sure he installed it correctly it still doesn't work. And it's very hard to identify the problems , because after 40 minutes trying to make things work and it's still not working people get bored and just want to play.

So how do you do with your teams ? did it took several weeks before everyone was perfectly able to use ACRE, did you have to make long sessions of troubleshooting with individuals members ? or did everything run smothly from the first time ?

Lots of patience! Introduce it to a few members first, get them set up and running on a quiet night (say 4 or 6) then when thats sorted, propogate it to the group as a whole, with very explicit instructions, e.g.:

http://www.zspecialunit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2311

And use your initial 4 or 6 as the 'techies' to take players with problems aside, and help them 1on1. And provide links to all possible technical issues/help links.

I think it really depends on someone's individual skills. There are member who will get it to work within minutes, others need to be took away and explained step by step. I don't believe that there's a clan or team which claims that ACRE was running well from the beginning for each member.

luckyhendrix MP me if you want some french help ;)

Tested 1.0.3 yesterday in a Coop. Result is impressive. Very nice mod guys :)

To some of the comments before about problems, in my short test experience most of problems were dealing with any of the following reasons (probably already described in the forums, but just in case...):

- clients did not launch TS as administrator if using Vista or Seven (to do it permanently simply go to compatibility tab in the TS shortcut properties and tick "run as administrator")

- clients did not use the x64 plugin for TS if using 64 bits TS

- clients did not copy the dsound.dll to the beta patch folder (were the arma2 beta .exe file is) if they were using the Arma2 or OA beta patch

- clients did not update the acre_keys.hpp (last line ACE_KEYS_VER = 7 instead of ACE_KEYS_VER = 4) if using the latest OA beta patch and latest ACE mod)

Simply check those reasons to see if everyone followed the steps. For us it took 5 min for everyone to install the mod and test it.

And as the latest option, if you experience problems with voice over net (other players hear you), as sound is sent via TS in this mod, clients with ACRE can reduce the VON volume input or simply select the vehicle or direct channels in game, for instance, instead of side or group ones. This is not the best solution but it works for now and avoids disturbing others.., or you can also change the key assignment to avoid using CAPSLOCK for both ACRE and VON.

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

Might be a little issue with 1.03. Our team has been using radio mods since a2t first made an appearance and then onto ACRE and no real issues getting them going. After a brief period of no ACRE with Arrowhead we jumped straight into it once ACRE was ported over. None of us have been able to get it running. We're all experienced with ACRE on ARMA2 so I am doubting it is a problem with improper installation.

The radio item is changed to ACRE prc-148

SHIFT-CONTROL V brings up the radio selection menu, but no radios showing

Voice is still global and not environmental direct.

there is no radio triggering when press-to-talk.

Basically there is no functional running of the plugin. Is there any real difference between ARMA2 ACRE and OA ACRE that we are not appreciating? We've covered the potential CBA type problem as we use that for ACE sound mod and instant view distance.

Cheers.

Edit: Just saw the dsound.dll to beta folder suggestion above. We'll crack on with that and see if it works tomorrow.

Edited by Zomba

- clients did not update the acre_keys.hpp (last line ACE_KEYS_VER = 7 instead of ACE_KEYS_VER = 4) if using the latest OA beta patch and latest ACE mod)

or is it:

ACRE_KEYS_VER = 4

?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12348

or is it:

ACRE_KEYS_VER = 4

?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12348

If u use the latest ace-version it should be "ACE_KEYS_VER = 7" as mentioned many times before.

If you´re not really sure which ace version u are using simply check the ace_keys.hpp file which you will find under /Arma Directory/userconfig/ace. In the last line you will find something like "ACE_KEYS_VER = 7" or "ACE_KEYS_VER = 4".

Just be sure you put the same version number in the acre_keys.hpp file as the one you found in your ace_keys.hpp.

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]