Sign in to follow this  
ATP Arma 2 OA Fan

British OverHaul Mod ---- Recruiting.

BRITISH OVERHAUL MOD

All Of The Following Songs Will Be Added To BOM Arma 2 OA Main menu.

The Great Escape Music.

God Save The Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x0aE14YoAc

Winston churchill "finest hour"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsKDGM5KTBY&feature=related

British20flag.png

weneedyou.jpg

Introduction

Hello Everyone.

Today is a good day for anyone interested in having an opportunity to be apart of BOM.

This mod is planned to start small but will grow depending on how many people are interested :).

I'm after open minds people who are very friendly and want to help me as i don't know an awful lot about mods for the time being but my thoughts are all their i have everything i want to do already down i know where im going with this.

What This Mod Will Do And Include.

For The Moment Just New Loading Screens Music Themes And A Few New Weapons And Units.

Nothing Major To Start Off.

What I'm After.

Friendly Open Minds.

Community Helpers

Anyone Who Has A Brain :D

You are all Welcome Everyone Accepted.

Benefits.

This mod will not just benefit everyone but the people who take part will be given exclusive content to try and play the MOD first hand.

So Please If your interested in a massive pathway of skill and opportunity and having a great time and a great laugh then please help me make this MOD Happen.

Thank you very much.

british+afghanistan.jpg

http://www.xfire.com/communities/atpbom/

Feel free to join the xfire Group Whenever you feel like it.

Edited by ATP Arma 2 OA Fan

This mod will add the full army of the United Kingdom.

Gotta be a hint.

Good luck OP.

Edited by Sabre

Well i don't even know for the moment thats why im wanting people to chip in and help me out a little.

This community is the nicest i have ever met and i would be proud to make something on behalf of it.

Im starting by putting the Whole British Forces Into the game.

And after that this mod will grow each month it will become the biggest mod to ever be done and from their its community will grow to.

Their is an xfire group up for the moment we can talk their and discuss a lot of things rather than on these forums as xfire you can also talk wile you play what games you like :) :D.

:)

"i'm the ideas guy/group leader

you do all the work while i sip lemonade"

"i'm the ideas guy/group leader

you do all the work while i sip lemonade"

Actually im doing a lot of the work to thats why im asking for help i would like to contribute a lot more than most if i can learn from the best i am willing to offer support in any areas.

Like i said above its not making people do stuff its about what future the mod can become for other people and if it will benefit everyone why the hell not ?

AS LONG AS EVERYONE HAS FUN WHO CARES......

This mod will go far if i can get Friendly Individuals to support me with it.

oh

how much work exactly are you doing

pics?

proof of progress or work?

Are you skinning?

Modelling?

Coding?

oh

how much work exactly are you doing

pics?

proof of progress or work?

Are you skinning?

Modelling?

Coding?

If your not contributing why do i have to explain anything ?

I'm currently making a video for this mod creating Artwork and making skins yes.

Don't have pictures to busy if i cant get help i will do this by myself but this is what i expected anyway.

If you want to talk join the xfire group i am now to busy to talk sorry.

ALL ARMA 2 AND ARMA 2 OA MODS WILL BE UPLOADED ON THIS CHANNEL.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlienTechProductions

Shouldn't you know how to actually use a mod in your game before stating you're going to make the biggest mod in the game... ever?

I feel really bad about squashing someone's enthusiasm as I'm usually the first person to come to their defence, but let me say a few things.

#1 - You sound like a Nigerian scam artist. English is not your native language and it trips red flags when a person has to describe where they live - the "Lake country" as a form of comfort. You may just be naieve and super nice, but one grows weary of the scammers.

#2 - As I mentioned - a day ago you didn't even know how to make a mod work in the game, yet today you're going to make the biggest mod ever. If you can't spend 20 minutes to see the mods and work that have already been done ie. the tens of thousands of man hours put into them - no one can take you seriously.

#3 - As was posted earlier, you're asking everyone else to do the technical stuff. If you have some skills and abilities frmo other games you should post your previous work. You're asking people to devote their time with the empty promise of "in a massive pathway of skill opportunity" <--- which reads like a bad Google translation of God knows what.

#4 - Your statement "Today is a good day for anyone interested in having an opportunity to be apart of the biggest MOD EVER." <--- is probably a little insulting to the people who have been working on the "biggest mods for ArmA". Don't get me wrong, it's great you have this enthusiasm, but you've got to learn some stuff before you try and take over a forum. The talented programmers, modders, designers are already up to their eyeballs in work and YOU have to do all the stuff you want others to do. There's just not enough free-time unless you're going to start paying people to quit their day-jobs.

Like I said, I hate to temper your enthusiasm, but here's a primer. My wife will be witness that I've spent over 200 hours reading forum posts, manuals, and trying to learn scripting to make the most basic missions that won't be stupid. I'm learning some of this from scratch but have been modding for 20 years. This isn't simple like modding Civ IV.

You seem like an OK person from your whopping 1 day on the forum, but saying this is the nicest forum you've ever known just doesn't smell right.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

BTW - I'm curious... On Youtube you're only 20 years old but here in this thread you're 29. Which is it?

Shouldn't you know how to actually use a mod in your game before stating you're going to make the biggest mod in the game... ever?

I feel really bad about squashing someone's enthusiasm as I'm usually the first person to come to their defence, but let me say a few things.

#1 - You sound like a Nigerian scam artist. English is not your native language and it trips red flags when a person has to describe where they live - the "Lake country" as a form of comfort. You may just be naieve and super nice, but one grows weary of the scammers.

#2 - As I mentioned - a day ago you didn't even know how to make a mod work in the game, yet today you're going to make the biggest mod ever. If you can't spend 20 minutes to see the mods and work that have already been done ie. the tens of thousands of man hours put into them - no one can take you seriously.

#3 - As was posted earlier, you're asking everyone else to do the technical stuff. If you have some skills and abilities frmo other games you should post your previous work. You're asking people to devote their time with the empty promise of "in a massive pathway of skill opportunity" <--- which reads like a bad Google translation of God knows what.

#4 - Your statement "Today is a good day for anyone interested in having an opportunity to be apart of the biggest MOD EVER." <--- is probably a little insulting to the people who have been working on the "biggest mods for ArmA". Don't get me wrong, it's great you have this enthusiasm, but you've got to learn some stuff before you try and take over a forum. The talented programmers, modders, designers are already up to their eyeballs in work and YOU have to do all the stuff you want others to do. There's just not enough free-time unless you're going to start paying people to quit their day-jobs.

Like I said, I hate to temper your enthusiasm, but here's a primer. My wife will be witness that I've spent over 200 hours reading forum posts, manuals, and trying to learn scripting to make the most basic missions that won't be stupid. I'm learning some of this from scratch but have been modding for 20 years. This isn't simple like modding Civ IV.

You seem like an OK person from your whopping 1 day on the forum, but saying this is the nicest forum you've ever known just doesn't smell right.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

BTW - I'm curious... On Youtube you're only 20 years old but here in this thread you're 29. Which is it?

Working on the mod no time for words.

I really couldn't give a toss if you like it or not but im doing this for myself also if i cant get support then maybe i will just try and do what i can.

Im making a video and maybe when im done with it you can then judge :D.

People who have free time and enjoy having a laugh :D.

Working on the mod no time for words.

I really couldn't give a toss if you like it or not but im doing this for myself also if i cant get support then maybe i will just try and do what i can.

Im making a video and maybe when im done with it you can then judge :D.

People who have free time and enjoy having a laugh :D.

Well, that did make me laugh. At least you know the path ahead lies strewn with boulders and errr landmines or something.

I have one more question to add to the stack you won't answer - You wanted people versed in CC+? You're making your mod close-captioned for the hearing impaired? :music:

Let him be guys...

Good luck there

Good luck with your mod - it's great to see even though yesterday you joined the forum and were asking for help on making addon folders work, today you're starting to try modding! You might have abit of trouble building the sort of team you're after though; the communities been going a long time (since OFP, 2002/3 ish) and most of the experienced modders are tied up in existing projects. There are also at least 3 existing British themed mod teams; P:UKF (the one i'm part of), RKSL, and Project Reality: ArmA, as well as numerous talented individuals doing British stuff (StalkerGB, SJB & Safetycatch). A quick question; why start your own mod rather than joining an existing one or helping an individuals project? I'm sure with your enthusiasm, if you asked someone nicely, they'd be willing to take you on and teach you. OK, you wouldn't be in charge, but British Kit is British Kit. If you're serious about doing anything mod related, you will have to learn how to do stuff eventually.

Start out small; StalkerGB started out by just doing a straight unit retexture which was (no offence matt!) pretty crappy - but because he's stuck with it, now he's modelling stuff, doing awesome textures, and pushing out the best British units around. Same goes for pretty much the rest of us. Beginning with the 'biggest mod ever' is ....admirable for setting your sights so high, but I think you're going to set yourself up for disappointment.

Yes, please let him try to do his thing.

An idea though could be to start smaller and see how that works out? Maybe make a couple of units (squad) or a vehicle. To assemble a big team to make a large mod is not an easy task im sure. Not only because of the material that needs producing, but also the management/project leading between all people involved. Its a bit harder to manage when the work is all over the net as things can happen sometimes that you wont know about. people can fall off the net for different reasons for example, and their work can be lost as you cant get in touch with them.

Something to think about at least. It would'nt be defeat if the first project was a smaller one that can expand over time as you say. But to start off with a squad or a vehicle would probably be better (and easier), and during that work you grow an understanding of the work/management needed to continue making the mod bigger. And it might be easier to get people to join if the goals are a bit more clear/closer than the 2 year dead line super mod (whole UK army) you have as a goal now. :)

I wish you good luck however.

EDIT: Pathy was faster. And knows more than me about modding. :)

lol jpinard,that made me laugh 2:D,

Anyway; Arma fan,you should better get to know the game and its tools and workings before you should attempt to make a mod,also there is already some decent british stuff around to play with.

Learn the game,its gameplay and the tools to make a new addon like a vehicle or unit, check out this forum and others to learn about the tools and modding. We dont want to break you or your idea's with our comments but there is some stuff you need to know before you can get started.

enjoy the game and ask if you need something or have questions!

cya

If you have some team members already, and need more help then ill join, but I want

to see some stuff you already have first! im more of a map maker as you can see my

map in my sig, so im free to make some kind of map for this mod to go with! also learn

some other stuff while at it.

Id love to be able to make things too, but my own problem is time and how much the damn tools cost! Right now I'm stuck to what I can make with notepad :p

As Pathy and Alex say, start small, think big :)

Best of luck! :yay:

ooh I never knew of these Pufu, thanks.

Youtube has lots of tutorials as well as the main sites too.

Thanks for the comments video is pissing me off i have failed almost 10 times because i try to hard making it maybe i should do a simple video getting sick of angles in Vegas 9.0 really hard to do also the iron wave setting im using is a pain in the ass.

This is exactly what im looking for start small like a few new weapons and a vehicle and start from their :D.

I did state a 2 year release date because i have so many ideas everything cant be done within 2 years possibly 3 who knows this is because if i can get people i could reduce the time it takes me to do bit by bit and complete some things.

Start small become big :D sounds alright to me.

Well back to work join my xfire group we can talk their thanks alot.

Interpunctation - it really is a godsend ;)

But anyways, good luck with your project! Looking forward to what the future may bring.

I don't care how i spell :D.

New Music To Be Added To BOM Title Screen.

Anyone who will help please go to my xfire group its in my sig :).

Thanks.