Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Any news with implementing WICT mission into MCC or VTS?

By the way, I am thinking about series of dynamic scripts that will support quests and missions easily... Actually, how to link quests and "chapters" for story telling.

Just cant put it down can you :D

MCC doesnt work properly for me, when i use it the mission auto starts with a lot of units from the start bringing my system to its knees, not sure what i did wrong but just gave up.

Ive been testing this with 41 bases on Chernarus and was thinking that the taking off bases was to easy, especially with helos... i know you can assign camps or lay down better protection for the base etc but this would involve too many units on the map.

What about a time based option, like in warfare so that units need to occupy the area for a specific amount off time before winning it, this might also help in stopping air units capturing bases, or maybe an easier option of having a condition of needing multiple units on the base before capturing?

Just cant put it down can you :D

MCC doesnt work properly for me, when i use it the mission auto starts with a lot of units from the start bringing my system to its knees, not sure what i did wrong but just gave up.

I am addicted to A2 :D

MCC in general or with WICT?

And for capturing bases -- it is easy man :bounce3:

three numbers you are writing in AutoFlag function

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Flags#Auto_Flag

are timeout numbers

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor#Countdown.2FTimeout_Counters

Timeout - The trigger's conditions must be met for the duration of the specified amount of time before the trigger activates. For example, if a soldier walks into a <side> Present type trigger but leaves the area before the timeout is complete, the trigger will not activate.

So put it 5,8,15 and you have a nice distribution for waiting times -- no way air units will spend 5 sec within the trigger and you've got your problem solved.

Just MCC in general, looks like an awesome tool but no use for SP anyway, except for just having fun off course.

Auotflag function! That's what I want to hear! Easy :D

hi armaII, can't you make a mission based script of WICT? I'm a mission maker and wanna putin WICT into my missions campaign. I think it's good thing bcos there will be many mission maker using this, and without any requirement mods.

I really really looking forward to this :o

Edited by yogdogz

yogdogz it IS script based !

Seriously, have you even downloaded it to see ?

aha.. sorry my bad.. :p i dunno there is new versions of WICT, mine is v3.5

Is it possible to sync WICT units with the "High Command Subordinate" during the mission when they spawn?

Just started using this very cool feature and im hooked, this from another thread...

After mission init, you have to use HCSetGroup.

For instance, if you have a team leader/member named "Charlie", all you'll have to do is:

//--- unit define the unit that is currently using High Command - Commander
unit hcSetGroup [group Charlie];

Of course, just open materClassSpawn.sqf and in the part for BLUFOR add after

{_x addEventHandler ["killed", {_this execVM "f\common\f_removeBody.sqf"}];} foreach units _Wg;

{_x hcSetGroup [group player];} foreach units _Wg;

if I understood the command correctly.

But all BLUFOR units will fill up High Command --- just be careful and let me know whether it's working, I want to put it as a snippet.

Btw, your tutorial? Coming soon? :cool:

Cool bro... i will try this later after work, this will be very interesting if it works..

Ahh yep, the tutorial, sorry i keep putting it off :o

But it will be about creating missions in 3DE then calling them randomly into your main mission.sqm

then calling them randomly into your main mission.sqm

That's what I need :bounce3:

Is there anyway we could start up a sticky for WICT missions. Would be nice :)

Is there anyway we could start up a sticky for WICT missions. Would be nice :)

I would like to see more missions anyway...

Patience people, patience... Something cool is being cooked.

I have had some major problems, and had to rethink the logic like three times, but it is kind of shaping up now. I hope I can deliver the intended features. :) So you can forget all my shitty previous missions. :P

It is going to be SP, Chernarus first, easily transferable to any maps, and useable by A2/OA/CO, with no addons needed.

You will be a special force team leader who finds himself in a middle of a war, with dynamic, adaptive missions including special ops behind enemy lines, aiding your company in larger battles, defending strategic points, with all imaginable support (of course limited by missions). I use adaptive and not random, because you won't find tents in the sea, tanks attacking from forests and such.

I know a lot of effort has been put into the possibility of combining dynamic WICT with static objectives, but I don't like static objectives, so it won't be me making such mission. :)

Only drawback is that I'll probably need like a month or two with this speed. :(

Edited by zapat

Now that's an idea. Every time you are successful at a side mission is CHANGES the chances to spawn better vehicles/air etc at your camps (or lessens the chances of BIG stuff at enemy camps)

Just talking off the top of my head here.

Yep, thats one factor that changes spawning :)

I do hope it'll work the same way in the game as it does in my head. :D.

Although this time I want to hide the mechanincs behind the walls of illusion. :)

And I can help you with that zapat by rewriting again setup for bases. I came to one idea that you can make relatively constant setups like infantry, vehicles and air bases, and call them like that -- infantry_1, infantry_2, air_153 etc. a.k.a. Expanding your markers vol. 2.

I was stunned how huge is Just Cause 2 and I was thinking about simulating something like that but dynamic.

I will make several posts here, if it proves to be good, I will write tutorials.

--EDIT--

or maybe not.... you are saying dynamic... one thing could be this:

you can make predefined bases types as I described above, and not limit yourself to any number of bases --- I will do it with while loop that could be left at any time -- so any mission designer can just copy / paste bases and make subtypes of bases with ease!!! (I've got that idea 2 days ago, and I don't know how I didn't think that before.... :o)

Now you can track player's progress with variable that counts how many side missions is done and use camp snippet to spawn different

units when player approaches.

And with sandbox template you can do it on Dedi easily.

My opinion is that formula for success is this :

basal level of spawning (by WICT) + extra units dynamically spawned based on player's progress

Katipo66 is researching interesting addition of HC units to the player. The same could be done with camp snippet and designer still can keep and illusion of spawning.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Patience people, patience... Something cool is being cooked.

Sounds good! :bounce3:

Katipo66 is researching interesting addition of HC units to the player. The same could be done with camp snippet and designer still can keep and illusion of spawning.

Just a note that i couldn't get it to work with WICT yet, i can add it to spawned units from mission.sqf for example no problem... im sure it can work, just small brain issue :p

Katipo66 if you have any issues, please post them here, maybe we can help.

I hope I will prepare new WICT release in about a week or two, bending boundaries once again.

Will it have any code breaking changes? Or just some addons...

I intensively read and write some WICT variables during my mission. :)

Actually yes -- the new marker system I mentioned. But I will distribute both versions, old and new marker system.

New marker system features (coming in the next release) :

-- no limits to the number of markers (no need to calculate limits for the loops, e.g. 0-25, 25-75 etc. as I previously showed in "Expanding your markers" tutorial)

-- markers' system will be based on types of bases, whatever you like to call them : base1, base2, infantry, tanks, lightVehicles, air, support etc. and marker will be named and recognized accordingly : base1_1, base1_2, lightVehicles_1356 etc.

e.g. all bases of infantry type (that includes: infantry_0, infantry_1, infantry_2, etc. infantry_n) will have this config [65,0,75,0,0,0,80,0,0,0,0,0,0]

-- all lists will be searched according to their generic name from the editor and sorted according to flag color from the editor : blue flags will go to wbl (west base list), red flags to ebl, black flags to nbl and bases that have any other color (example orange, but invisible because a=0 and b=0) will be treated as ghost bases

You will have to setup, e.g. infantry type of base, and then you can clone that base as many times you want, and hundreds of bases if you like and separate them whether they are blue, red or black, you decide ---- everything is now more easily done from the editor!

P.S. zapat see if it suits you. I found it extremely useful.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Hey zapat and Katipo66, once you asked me the same question (if I recall correctly) is there a way to check is if base is held by BLUFOR or OPFOR, in other words, in which list it is.

Since flag colors work now and it is confirmed recently they change on Dedi too, there is an easier way to check that e.g.

if (getMarkerColor "base_37" == "ColorRed") then {};

will execute if that base is currently held by OPFOR.

--EDIT--

In addition, I recently had some problem to solve -- how to detect if marker exists? I didn't have any success with isNull...

But I discovered that if you check e.g.

getMarkerType "MarkerOne" == "mil_flag"

if the marker doesn't exist it will return nothing (and really nothing).

The more global method (if you don't know exact type) would be e.g.

_markerType = getMarkerType "MarkerOne"; 
if (_markerType !="") then {[i]some code[/i]}; 

so you actually check did getMarkerType returned any string at all or it returned nothing / empty.

Edited by ArmAIIholic