Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Dynamic Sound System RC1

I still don´t get how this exactly works. Can you use this togehter with every other Soundmod?

I still don´t get how this exactly works. Can you use this togehter with every other Soundmod?

I use it with VOP sound mod no problems. Pretty sure it can be used with any other sound mod. Right now though it only works on Utes and Chenerus.

Is there hope for an update or did it die quietly? :(

This is a mod I've been looking forward too along with War FX

you can use it with any sound mod but itself is a sound mod, although i would recommend any sound mod without echoes already added as you will get a double echo effect.

The development is halted because of RL issues, maybe we'll continue it with ACE.

The development is halted because of RL issues, maybe we'll continue it with ACE.

Oh, yes I would like to see it inplemented with ACEX_SM.

NNNNNNNoooooooooooo :yuck:

:p

Sorry to hear. Was really, really looking forward to seeing this updated. Still...life has a funny way of getting in the way of plans whenever we make them. Just the way it goes sometimes. :)

Oh, yes I would like to see it inplemented with ACEX_SM.

I hope not. No offense to ACE's sound mod, but that would kinda screw over those of us who use other sound mods that would still love to experience the DSS setup. Still, it's their decision ultimately, but would be nice if it would instead be placed in its own expansion pbo, like everything else. Or even put into the main ACE core. I wouldn't mind that. :D

Sorry to hear. Was really, really looking forward to seeing this updated. Still...life has a funny way of getting in the way of plans whenever we make them. Just the way it goes sometimes. :)

I hope not. No offense to ACE's sound mod, but that would kinda screw over those of us who use other sound mods that would still love to experience the DSS setup. Still, it's their decision ultimately, but would be nice if it would instead be placed in its own expansion pbo, like everything else. Or even put into the main ACE core. I wouldn't mind that. :D

Agreed

Agreed

Yeah I feel the same way.

As has been mentioned already, whenever theres a new post in this thread I get excited that the mod has been updated. I fully understand that RL can add complications though.

Hello,

someone is operated on dedicated server? fir setting please.

Thank you :)

Edited by yoyo75

Obviously real life issues take precedence, but would it be possible to release an interim update that makes it compatible with all official islands? Even as little as using the one echo type across the entire map, ie the standard outdoor one. I'd imagine it's the mapping out of echo locations that takes so long.

Please consider this, firefights are so much more intense with Dynamic Sound effects and you really miss them when on an unsupported island. :)

I can't get it to work.

How it work ?

My commandline

\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM2;@HARCP;@TRFW;@TRRW;@TRTV;@TRWV;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@helmand_valley;@JTD;@sakulightfx;@Tracers;@WarFX;@wpfire;@drive;@zeu;@sthud;@antiT;@hdr;@hewp;@javl;@us;@Teris;@usRep

edit: Worked :)

Edited by nattanakorn

I can't get it to work.

How it work ?

My commandline

\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM2;@HARCP;@TRFW;@TRRW;@TRTV;@TRWV;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@helmand_valley;@JTD;@sakulightfx;@Tracers;@WarFX;@wpfire;@drive;@zeu;@sthud;@antiT;@hdr;@hewp;@javl;@us;@Teris;@usRep

edit: Worked :)

I'm having the same problem. I can't get it to work. what did you do?

Excellent mod! I've used in it single player, it definitely adds a lot of immersion. Does it work in multiplayer?

Fingers crossed that more islands will be supported eventually...

Try to use CBA v0.4.2 - A2 / CBA_v0-4-2.zip

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/cca

It work for me.

And make sure you're on one of the two islands that it works with (Utes/Chernarus).

It works! But I'm getting the warning saying that i need to add the @cba. One thing I forgot to say is that before when I had the latest CBA the HACRP sounds does work but in the first training session at Boot Camp. But in the "team" session of the training HACRP fails to initialize.

Btw, I need both CBA's and the link you gave only has one CBA v4.2

UPDATE: I used CBA v7.0(this version has both files) and it works. The only thing I'm in doubt is whether this older CBA is going to have problems with other mods that needs the latest version of CBA.

Edited by Lorca

Well its not good to have to step back for one mod and others needing latest. You can only hope that at some stage updates come for latest CBA & OA so this loverly thing can be played under all circumstances, of which I am paticently waiting for :)

Well its not good to have to step back for one mod and others needing latest. You can only hope that at some stage updates come for latest CBA & OA so this loverly thing can be played under all circumstances, of which I am paticently waiting for :)

That's correct, thanks.

Heya,

Here are some news:

We decided to restart the project with new/better code, SFX and support for all islands. I dont want to promise anything because we had lot of real life issues and problems in the past, but we are still alive and still have interest in developing the system. If everything goes as planned, we can release the new version this summer. Stay tuned. :)

Edited by tpM
typo

Thats really nice to hear tpM, I wish you and your team all the best and hope that the re-make will be trouble free both in ArmA and in real life.

That's what we wanted to hear tpM! :D :yay:

Thanks and good luck with the mod.