Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Somalia

ugh .. well I don't have my work set up properly yet, but ill think about it

nice work !

ah ! if you need chocolate chip textures, we've got plenty of it !

From what i Know US army was using PASGT helmet,the Ranger body armor,and they were also wearing the PASGT Vest, Alice gear system, and the Ranger panama boots.

most stuff is just placeholders until we have proper models.

come on, make some noise! :D

Snake is getting vehicles in the mod right now, and I am working on the Rangers.

Dq8LS.jpg

Dqbg0.jpg

Dqgfi.jpg

and after that I believe he is going to work on the map , and I may move onto the marines or seals depending on what is decided first.

the vest may be a bit crappy , but it's our crappy vest :) I'm going to smooth out the edges of the plate, don't worry.

if you have six updater you can download the current version for testing , as long as you ____

i am yet to get set up with GIT etc , so i have to send to snake first.. so these units are not in.

i can set it up for you via a remote control program, if you reallly REALLY want to

Nah man I'm good, thanks though. Although if it is released and updated with Six Updater I may require assistance.

more screens , going to do normal maps soon i guess

z_zkA.jpgz_BPJ.jpgz_EjS.jpg

Awesome I even have Josh Hartnetts face from the roccotheo face pack or something :)

I would love to make a detailed campaign that follows the events of this incident. Once this wonderful mod is complete I will start working on it. :)

The vest is looking OK.

Still some obvious issues you know of should be fixed.

once the normal map is done it should look better.

Edited by Fox '09

wow great you are continuing this project!!

how is it with enterable houses?

to my knowledge important buildings, some houses / shacks , will be enter-able. As for larger buildings, I am not sure how many will be. it depends how it goes.

Anyway , I would like to thank lennard for sending me his BDU soldier base for the seals!

one more pic of the rrrangers.

DXt_9.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

I saw earlier in the thread all that stuff about the Navy seals. You guys do realize that there were exactly 4 seals, all seal team 6 present during the battle and the only reason they were there was that they were on an exchange tour with Delta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mogadishu_(1993)#U.S._and_UNOSOM). Air Force PJ's did however play a very critical role in the events of that day, and I have yet to see any mention of them. In the movie they are dressed just like delta so most people didnt recognize them for what they were, but a large portion of all the "delta" medics present in the movie were actually PJ's. just a suggestion. also, just taking a swag here, but those reference pics on the seals don't seem particularly accurate to somalia. I don't doubt that they were in the range of 1993, but given the lack of body armor/ webbing/ helmet on most of the guys in those pics, I would guess that it wasn't somalia. another interesting unit you could look at would be US Marines because there were 24,000 of them in country the year before black hawk down happened. just some suggestions. your mod looks good thus far.

although only 4 seals , it's a bit too late to turn back as we've already started work on them. We'll include them anyway, it's only 6 color desert bdu (maybe chest rig) + boonie hat.

We'll see about the air force pj's , and marines might make it if we find enough info on them.