Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

How hard would it be to make a variant without the PVS-14 so one could make a script to "attach"/"detach" it (by replacing the entire weapon)? In fact I wonder why there isn't such a feature in ACE (inventory items that can be "attached" to weapons by simply replacing the weapon with the appropriate variant and removing the appropriate inventory item, where applicible of course). Was this simply never suggested or are there other reasons for such a feature to not exist?

This would be especially nice for night weapons such as the new HK, FAL (with/without PVS4) and possible future NV weapons.

Capture.jpg

So what am I doing wrong here? I just got back from vacation. There's lots of new things and now it's saying... well that.

So how do I manually set the game directory in the Six Updater? When I press "Open ArmAfolder" it takes me to my Libraries folder, not the game directory.

So how do I manually set the game directory in the Six Updater? When I press "Open ArmAfolder" it takes me to my Libraries folder, not the game directory.

The SUS has nothing to do with ACE.

Please use the project space for support. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater

Also, the FAQ will help you. Specifically on Custom ArmA installations.

How hard would it be to make a variant without the PVS-14 so one could make a script to "attach"/"detach" it (by replacing the entire weapon)? In fact I wonder why there isn't such a feature in ACE (inventory items that can be "attached" to weapons by simply replacing the weapon with the appropriate variant and removing the appropriate inventory item, where applicible of course). Was this simply never suggested or are there other reasons for such a feature to not exist?

This would be especially nice for night weapons such as the new HK, FAL (with/without PVS4) and possible future NV weapons.

I'm pretty sure this has already been addressed in this or another topic. The reason it's not used is there would have to be a ridiculous amount of weapon models because you would need one for every combination of various attachments.

I'm pretty sure this has already been addressed in this or another topic. The reason it's not used is there would have to be a ridiculous amount of weapon models because you would need one for every combination of various attachments.

That's what I recall as well. Not sure if it was in this thread or an older one though.

Yes but a lot of them already exist, at least those could be made to work with such a feature.

Thank you very much for the new weapon selection feature ! It was needed since OFP :)

The new HK and the IR on the A4 are very nice too.

So using the updater what do I have to do exactly to update/ Use which exe?

I've fixed the artillery computer problem, will be available with todays update.

1.54 was released yesterday and it will take some days to adress all problems.

Have a little patience, we are not payed developers who are working the whole day on ACE but only in our spare time :)

Btw, q1184 made a cool new ACE Exclusive feature for todays release:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Quick_Weapon_Selection

Xeno

My intention was not to request a fix ASAP and demand something from you guys, it was merely to point out a bug. I know you guys take a lot of crap in this thread with the repetitive questions but I was just trying to help out.

I just tried ACE2 Build 390 and the Artillery Computer is still broken. I can now designate targets on the computer, calculate the firing mission + ETA and follow the trajectory of the munition once it's fired via the computer. The only problem is that nothing hits the target or around the target area.

This was done using 1.54 + ACE2 390 and with the newest beta + ACE2 390 with no other mods involved. I simply went into the editor, placed a scout near the intended target and a MLRS+M119+Mortar combo somewhere on the map but within the specified ranges. I tried all 3 static weapons and all 3 fire but nothing hits the target when the ETA reaches 0 or even 5 minutes later (i waited using 4x speed).

Capture.jpg

So what am I doing wrong here? I just got back from vacation. There's lots of new things and now it's saying... well that.

Well ladies and gents... I looked all around the forums and the wiki. I found no reports of a similar issue with a normal Steam installation. I'm totally clueless, what do I do?

So using the updater what do I have to do exactly to update/ Use which exe?

FAQ tells all. Also some pages back there's a quick start up explanation.

I just use the SIX Updater Console shortcut, usually.

JuggernautOfWar,

That's an odd one. I wish I could help. Did you try using one of the other presets or making a new one?

Yup. The problem appears to be SUS is looking in Libraries for the game, when it should be looking under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. It does say the folder is not "set", which makes me think I can manually set the target directory, though I am unsure. SUS used to work flawlessly for me all the time. I come back from vacation and now it doesn't work, haven't changed a thing.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I do have the latest version of SUS if that's what you're referring to.

EDIT: Hmm well maybe I don't. Here it says there's a version 0.3.1, but when I go here the only version to download is 0.24.2. I have version 0.24.3 according to the GUI when I start it up.

EDIT2: I uninstalled and reinstalled SUS and it still cannot find the directory, even though it's in the normal place. This truly has me puzzled.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

In fact I wonder why there isn't such a feature in ACE (inventory items that can be "attached" to weapons by simply replacing the weapon with the appropriate variant and removing the appropriate inventory item, where applicible of course). Was this simply never suggested or are there other reasons for such a feature to not exist?

Our attachments system is still in but it's not used currently (it was mostly used for switching CQB sights in A2 and A1).

The problem simply is that you need x weapons of each type (not allways models but configs too) and it is simply not worth it.

Xeno

I have a quick question.

Is there a way to keep all of the ACE 2 features, but revert the missiles and bombs (Aircraft) back to Vanilla Arma 2. I liked the way the bombs on the harrier and such functioned (Able to lock on to ground targets); I know this isn't realistic, but for our sake (We generally only play quick games for fun), any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

But what about weapons that already have the variants needed? Would it be difficult to make it just for those weapons? Such as the ones I mentioned earlier?

Ok so I ran the SIX upater console, but all my @ACE's keep saying

Mod is tagged as skip in the configuration file? What am I doing wrong yeah I read the FAQ but cant find an answer

Edited by Jblack9

The 1.54 arty computer is borked in ACE r390... The munitions from static guns explode in the air, and i can't fire with mobile rocket arty :/

The 1.54 arty computer is borked in ACE r390... The munitions from static guns explode in the air, and i can't fire with mobile rocket arty :/

Had to fix it once more, it's really working now. Available with next update.

Xeno

Had to fix it once more, it's really working now. Available with next update.

Xeno

So i have to wait a week? :cryy:

Maybe a release hotfix? :F

Maybe a release hotfix? :F

I don't think so, Tim.

Xeno