Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

[How To] Simple Support Module (OA) ?

Does the missionNamespace setVariable have to be in the init.sqf of the mission?

Im trying to change the airstrike from the A10, to something else (a non-vanilla plane), and putting this in the SSMs init field:

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AirStrike_VEHICLE_WEST", "F35B"];

The above does not work. Moreover, would I even be able to replace the F35B to whatever my custom plane is, if it's not a vanilla jet?

Edited by SpectreRSG

Does the missionNamespace setVariable have to be in the init.sqf of the mission?

Im trying to change the airstrike from the A10, to something else (a non-vanilla plane), and putting this in the SSMs init field:

The above does not work. Moreover, would I even be able to replace the F35B to whatever my custom plane is, if it's not a vanilla jet?

if your putting it into the init.sqf, you have to make sure that the SSM has finished initializing before you can change the values. Name your Simple Support Module something (like SSM1) then add this into the init.sqf (before the setVariable)

waitUntil {!isNil {SSM1 getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {SSM1 getVariable "initDone"};

and see if that does anything, i know this works for the ACM, it might be the same for the SSM

and yes, you can use custom aircraft (so long as you know the classname of that aircraft)

I did exactly what ya said, and with the correct class name for the aircraft. No luck what so ever. A10 still comes in.

Any ideas?

Spectre put missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AirStrike_VEHICLE_WEST", "F35B"]; in your player units init and mark on your map where you want F35 to hit,works for me better than using laser des or binos,good luck m8.

I'm not using a laser at all. Just calling in the airstrike where my crosshair is. I wonder if ACE is conflicting with something.

Edit:

Putting it in the units init field works! But... the planes just fly in circles. I dont know if it's the SSM causing it, but any ideas? (Lol)

Edited by SpectreRSG

I tried editing this variable to get a different type of bomb to drop, but no joy =(

Any ideas?

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_Airstrike_DISPERSION_WEST","G_30mm_HE"];

Also

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_Airstrike_DISPERSION_WEST","G_30mm_HE 1"];

is there a way to change the bomb type? Or perhaps even make it drop multiple bombs in one run?

...Yea, I caught that after the fact... =\ :rolleyes:

Ok this missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_VEHICLE_WEST",C130J_US_EP1] call BIS_SSM_fnc_InitVariable; does not work... Good joke BIS... Why you have never just emplemented this into Vanilla blows my mind... EVERYONE wants/needs this!

Secondly, does anyone remember, when using the SpecOpsManager, you get an option for a UAV scan over an area... (a UAV doesnt actually fly over I dont think, but it highlights enemy positions within a certain distance around you) Can you use that? Is there a way to be able to just use that function? If so, where would you look to find it? ANd how is it defined?

Edited by HeAvY TrAnCe
added more sh!t to it...

Ok this missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_VEHICLE_WEST",C130J_US_EP1] call BIS_SSM_fnc_InitVariable; does not work... Good joke BIS...

C130_J_US_EP1 is a reference to either a variable or an object. You need " " around it for it to be considered a classname (string) in that case.

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_VEHICLE_WEST", [color="Red"]"[/color]C130J_US_EP1[color="Red"]"[/color]];

Secondly, does anyone remember, when using the SpecOpsManager, you get an option for a UAV scan over an area... (a UAV doesnt actually fly over I dont think, but it highlights enemy positions within a certain distance around you) Can you use that? Is there a way to be able to just use that function? If so, where would you look to find it? ANd how is it defined?

This will spawn a UAV overhead and show enemy positions.

[["aerial_reconnaissance"],player,[[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

I tried editing this variable to get a different type of bomb to drop, but no joy =(

Any ideas?

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_Airstrike_DISPERSION_WEST","G_30mm_HE"];

Also

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_Airstrike_DISPERSION_WEST","G_30mm_HE 1"];

is there a way to change the bomb type? Or perhaps even make it drop multiple bombs in one run?

no answer for that important question?

i want the ai to use mortars against me, can i do this with the ssm?

I am with the series since Operation Flashpoint, and the old SebNamPack. I didn't do much editing and scripting. So I have a few questions:

Is it possible to change the content of the simple support modul? I want to have airstrikes launched by "mod"-aircraft (vietnam the experience), support through us nam-troops and air transportation with a huey helicopter.

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards

in arma arrowhead, we have the ssm and spec ops manager module.

1. i want to add air transportation (like in the spec ops manager) to ssm. besides that, i want to have another chopper picking me up. is that possible?

2. regarding airstrikes, how to change the attacking plane in ssm?

3. reinforcements via helicopter: the aim is to bring units in, whereever i am on the map.

thanks for your great help.

Answer to 2;

Trigger example : missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AirStrike_VEHICLE_WEST", "AV8B"];

FYI ALL

Aircraft with a pilot AND A GUNNER won't do airstrikes because the BIS module only spawns a pilot into the plane, no gunner.

I have read this thread from the first post to the last.

I am attempting to use the SSM and warfareOA modules together in MP (not dedicated server) with no luck.

I get the icons on the right side of the screen for the SSM options but can not access the support menu. pressing space bar brings up the list but support is greyed out.

Does SSM work with the warfareOA module?

Is there a listing of modules that work together anywhere?

sorry for digging this thread, but I have quite a BIG problem:

I use it to allow the player to call an airstrike.

map is Fallujah.

when I set a USMC rifleman and use the airstrike right at the beginning of the test mission, the A-10 arrives and drop its bomb - it works perfectly well.

however, when I try with the main character (Delta teal leader), I use it but either the plane doesn't show up, or I can see it fly way over the coordinates I gave him.

how is it possible? even if I tell him to target the ground, 15 meters away from me, either I won't see the plane, or it will fly 2/3 km away from my position...

does anyone know how to solve it?

is it because it only works with rifleman?

Edited by Wiki