Sign in to follow this  
nkenny

INTERFACE: Ironsight/Optics button should revert weapon to Default firemode.

Panic functionality for Optics button.  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Panic functionality for Optics button.

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Other

Put simply.

LOGIC

Since Operation Flashpoint times the 'weapon mode' menu has been steadily growing in complexity. In OA it is not uncommon to have two firemodes, Grenade Launcher, Hand Grenade, Smoke grenade, IR beacons, and more. All linked to one button. Press one time too many and you'll have to cycle through all of them again.

This is neither convenient nor intuitive. It will get you killed.

SUGGESTION

Pressing the Optics button whilst having Grenades, Satchels, Smoke Grenades selected should immediately revert the weapon to the 'default' firemode. For most western weapons this would be semi-auto.

Nice and easy way to quickly reset your weapon mode -- bloody convenient if you are fumbling around with your other equipment.

-k

This....

Good idea, to build further upon: holding the "F" key brings up a quick menu that allows quick selection of preferred wep mode. Often seen nowadays at console games where limited buttons need to have multiple functions.

With this.

FTW.

Edited by 76

Definitely a useful feature, I had this problem a few weeks ago in multiplayer when I was trying to sight in, but I had my smoke grenades selected, so it wasn't playing ball :p

How about:

-Holding F opens a menu with all the options

-Double-tapping F gives you the default mode

Lend me your votes people. Almost a 100 votes for in on this forum, yet many fewer @ Devheaven.

This is a solution that. Doesn't add any new keys or combinations. Doesn't significantly alter playstyle. Is intuitive and obvious when you think about it. :)

-k

I agree that this would be a really good idea. I usually carry a pretty large amount of weapons/firemodes (semi/auto, grenade launcher + different types of ammo for grenade launcher, frag grenades, red smoke, green smoke) so pressing the F key 5 times to cycle through my weapons has gotten me killed several times. I also once killed myself by thinking that I had my primary weapon selected, clicking, and getting blown up by my own frag grenade bouncing off a rock and landing at my feet.

Tl;dr. Very good idea, please implement it BIS!

I know the ACE team, more specifically Xeno, has implemented the Shift-1,2,3 etc for various weapons. Has anyone managed to implement this as standalone?

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

-Thread closed-

Threadstarter knows where the key is.