Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

OA multicam reskins - Getting MC right.

On the road, be back in 3hrs. Pm me for beta when I'm back , no mirrors. Please give feedback on the texs, models, configs won't be ready....

Thanks enad

So I'm gonna post my idea here to see if other people would want to see it. Even if they don't I'm gonna pester you until you make it.

Anyways my idea was to use a few of those US Army models with the T-Shirts to create some sort of PMC looking guys. You know. Tanish brown and black.

Black Shirt.

Tan vest and pants.

Tan and Black helmets(Maybe you could make 2 models or so without any headgear, just bare head, with the new heads/faces, I like seeing units without headgear cus they look badass!)

So what do you guys think? Yes? No?

I think it would look awesome and Fox, you deffinitely can do it. You dont need to make a camo, just some nice tan(darker than what you have now) and some good black textures. I think it should look awesome! :D

Yeah yeah , but this is mai mc thread not a wip thread , soz

i think youve been playing to much mw2 Enad :P i was working on something similar (well plain clothed operators) however i droped it for the dutch KCT. main problem i found was trying to get a variety, only so much black tan and jeans you can have :P

main problem i found was trying to get a variety, only so much black tan and jeans you can have :P

True, but I don't mind the repetitive Tan, Black and Jeans is a good idea too. :D

Different headgears could make up for the repetition.

ok enough. I'll talk to you when you get back fox.

Yeah I think those plain soldiers are kinda cool, like Queens Gambit style, but more stoked on these MC units.

beta will not have helmets etc corrected, so.. and it will only be one model.

touching up the color etc and will be sent to the testers soon

sorry to double post.. before i finish stuff up, i want some opinions on the pattern. color right? size? etc

cG02A.jpg

I think it's little too big... But the colors are spot on.

I also made some tweaks to my MC... I'll post a pics ASAP.

Ok, pics ready:

arma2oa2010070823041634.th.jpg

arma2oa2010070823043691.th.jpg

And remember - these dudes are SF, they saw fighting, and their uniforms are washed out little bit... It's desired effect.

Edited by Max255[PL]

Fox those look good, the only thing I'd say is maybe make them smaller like Max said and tighten them up as much as possible - thats relative.

Are u going to mutlicam the IOTV's and the vest or just some of them? I'd say just do some of them.

I think they are washed out too much, but other than that it looks awesome!

@jblack, all of them..

sweet any chance you can reduce the wash out effects?

Oh damn, it seems I need to reduce it... Though, it blends well in desert environment. Not bad at Cherno too. Tested...

Nice job fox. Looking good.

Now that your almost done. Time to pester you for PMC like units. :P

ill see what i can do. And yeah, tonight probably.

thanks for pics

edit:

i dont think it's possible , it always looks brighter in game and if it's closer to white then it just makes it worse

Edited by Fox '09

Hey fox, one thing i noticed on your guy, was it looked like the velcro was still the grey from the UCP uniform? If I'm mistaken, my bad, but if it is the MC uniforms use a brown velcro fwiw. Also some little details, like the cargo pocket flaps, I think I can see them in the picture, and they would match up with the surrounding pattern, but be a separate swatch. Also fox, how about making them look sort of like the guys in those pics? MC uniforms, UCP Helmet cover, UCP Vest, MC molle gear and what not....Could also take some of SF guys for their plate carrier / vest and make them into regular infantry guys. But hey I'm just spitballin here bro. Keep up the good work man lookin forward to these guys (and a replacement config :) )

Edited by Ebolax

I'll see what I can do. the units are not completely retexed to mc, i'm still working on that.

I like that they dont have the scars fox! lol

@max, your skins are looking good too!

Edited by ebanks129

Max255: Looks like there is too much blank brown space on the camo. Kinda reminds me of the specnaz camo.

Hey fox, one thing i noticed on your guy, was it looked like the velcro was still the grey from the UCP uniform? If I'm mistaken, my bad, but if it is the MC uniforms use a brown velcro fwiw. Also some little details, like the cargo pocket flaps, I think I can see them in the picture, and they would match up with the surrounding pattern, but be a separate swatch. Also fox, how about making them look sort of like the guys in those pics? MC uniforms, UCP Helmet cover, UCP Vest, MC molle gear and what not....Could also take some of SF guys for their plate carrier / vest and make them into regular infantry guys. But hey I'm just spitballin here bro. Keep up the good work man lookin forward to these guys (and a replacement config :) )

yeah Fox already decided against that because the guys in Afghan now are getting full kit, these are from the test when most didn't have full kit

ok, i think it's ready for testers.

NffB9.jpg

Nfi5i.jpg

Nfn4A.jpg

Nfs3S.jpg

ok' date=' i think it's ready for testers.

NffB9.jpg

Nfi5i.jpg

Nfn4A.jpg

Nfs3S.jpg

Ok looks good fox the helmet looks perfect, but two small criticisms

the off white figures a little too prominently throughout the pattern, I'd say don't kill it just reduce it

I'd say you want more of what you see on the helmet in this pic:

http://s1.postimage.org/Nfi5i-d2358835ec121ed35e6e8d0be4d06fc0.png

and less of the off white you see all over him in this:

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxNffB9

and go over the final acu tex's with the multicam and I'd say you got it

Edited by Jblack9